[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You are given the job to write a story about The Mask >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: themask.png (1 MB, 600x928) Image search: [Google]
themask.png
1 MB, 600x928
>You are given the job to write a story about The Mask
>The only thing you need to have is the green mask itself, so you can go in any direction you want
>9 issues must be made, with at least two story arcs
>The first 3 issues will be used to make a new live-action movie
>You get to choose the actor to play the main character

So, what's your story and who's the actor?
>>
You just watched the Nostalgia Critic, didn't you?
>>
>>80822575
No! yes.
>>
File: team, assemble.jpg (722 KB, 1100x1649) Image search: [Google]
team, assemble.jpg
722 KB, 1100x1649
>>80822552
I just rip off the omnibus because it was good enough already. I reverse-age Jim Carrey 28 years, get John Boyega, and Chloe Moritz as Kathy.

TELL ME this scene doesn't need to be filmed in live fucking action.
>>
>>80822702
Personally, I'd go in the complete opposite direction, since I didn't like the comic that much. I'd base it more off the movie, with The Mask being strictly an anti-hero rather than a cheap horror villain, except make the gags more based on the cartoons he's based on.
>>
>>80822575
He did a video on Mask? I don't usually like him, but I love the Mask and I kinda have to see this. was it shit?
>>
File: walter 1.jpg (631 KB, 1100x1649) Image search: [Google]
walter 1.jpg
631 KB, 1100x1649
>>80822907
I think the movie is the way to go, and follow other people as they adventure then discard the mask for someone else to pick up.
But for what it's worth, the comics were good
>>
File: walter 2.jpg (677 KB, 1100x1649) Image search: [Google]
walter 2.jpg
677 KB, 1100x1649
>>
File: walter 3.jpg (635 KB, 1100x1649) Image search: [Google]
walter 3.jpg
635 KB, 1100x1649
>>
File: walter 4.jpg (749 KB, 1100x1649) Image search: [Google]
walter 4.jpg
749 KB, 1100x1649
>>
>>80822552
Prostitute who uses the mask's cartoon physics to get people to cum.
>>
>>80822552
The Mask is more violent than the one in the movie and less violent than the one in the comic. It looses your inhibitions and makes you do significant collateral damage that would, indirectly, endanger others. However, if you're not an evil person, you're probably not going to murder anyone. The drama with the mask comes from the risk vs. reward factor. There has to be at least one or two casualties at some point in the story to make the stakes real, but I don't want the audience to stop empathizing with our hero. Because that's what he is, a hero.

Do I have specifics in mind? Not really, no, but I have some general ideas. I want the protagonist to be a loser who has all but given up on life and sees the Mask as his ticket to better things. I want him to be played in the movie by someone who's awkward and unattractive, but likable. I can't think of anyone specific. Michael Cera is too cute.
>>
>>80825447
Wait, I've got it! Josh Gad!
>>
>>80824988
he did a comparison between the movie and the comic, a basic synopsis of the story of the comics and was asking if the Mask movie should have been dark like the comic, and his answer was 'it's fine to have different versions of the same basic idea aimed at different audiences'

It was one of his 'editorial' reviews which are more serious without his usual screaming and carrying on. which he's been cutting down on in general for a while now.
>>
File: mask tommy gun.jpg (667 KB, 1100x1649) Image search: [Google]
mask tommy gun.jpg
667 KB, 1100x1649
>>
Does anyone have a link they can give for The Hunt for Green October?
>>
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.