[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Lantern Corps 2020
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: GL.png (953 KB, 605x969) Image search: [Google]
GL.png
953 KB, 605x969
How should the reboot be handled? The 2011 failed for many reasons and it seems like they are trying to hold back GL for as long as possible like not including him in JL right away. What can be done to make a movie work?
>>
Not make one
jk they could not make one
>>
>>80818749
Idk. They could read Green Lantern: Origin. And do actual research beyond that. Also, just don't show CG aliens. If you can't make them look good, just dont.
>>
>>80818749
The problem is the world has given up on space
We still have no space facility floating above us

Who knew GL would be such a futuristic concept
>>
File: hal_boigah_in_a_bottle - Copy.jpg (156 KB, 598x917) Image search: [Google]
hal_boigah_in_a_bottle - Copy.jpg
156 KB, 598x917
First of all, don't rehash the origin. Just do what 2008 Hulk did and be a kind of half sequel. You can get people up to speed during the intro, it's not like it's a very difficult thing to show the audience.

Second, they gotta decide whether it's gonna be set in space or on Earth. I'm thinking the latter, because space is what sets GL apart from other DC superheroes.

As to which human Lantern to use, why not use all of them? Guy and John make great supporting characters. Hal can be the main character. Probably should leave Kyle out or make him a cameo at best, he'd kind of complicate things.

Obviously the villain is gonna be Sinestro, and probably the Sinestro Corps as well.

One of the best parts of the new DC movies is that they're making their world have history, Wonder Woman has been around for decades, Batman has already fought his villains and gone through at least one Robin, Aquaman has been around, I'm tired of origin stories and every franchise having to build itself up completely from scratch. That's not what makes comics great, what makes comics great is the wealth of history to draw upon. DC should definitely bring some of that to movies.

>>80819138
What? The movie was mostly based on Secret Origin. And the aliens were phenomenal, the only good part of the movie.
>>
I think the lack of GL in Justice League proves that they are going with multiple humans, not that the 2011 movie was JUST that bad

This is being done so that Hal alone isnt legitimized. Hal should be the oldest human in the GLC and be legitimized there before any JL talk. Just have a convincing reason why the GL havent been to Earth for a while, make em fight a little bit then go up against wahtever cosmic thread
>>
>>80818749
>tfw Hal will not be in the Justice League
>>
I really hope Hal has an affinity for hamboigahs in this universe.
>>
>>80819858
>set in space or on Earth. I'm thinking the latter
*former

latter means the second one (Earth)
>>
His rights will revert back to Marvel by then
>>
File: 1443304841226.png (220 KB, 321x333) Image search: [Google]
1443304841226.png
220 KB, 321x333
>>80820159
>No live action Hal/Barry bromance
>CW still won't/can't use him so it won't happen there either
>>
>>80820097
>I think the lack of GL in Justice League proves that they are going with multiple humans, not that the 2011 movie was JUST that bad
You could had have a GL movie but with kyle or john.
>>
>>80821490
I want them to do Hal right first
>>
>>80818749
Not center it on earth
Not make it a stupid quip fest
Not have a shitty cgi costume
Not include terrible shitty villains

So much they could do right there

WB seems to think the problem is that they only centered it around one lantern when iirc they had the entire corps in GL 2011 as well so its a bit hard to discern how they can differentiate the film.
>>
File: 1457823869329_0.gif (2 MB, 250x139) Image search: [Google]
1457823869329_0.gif
2 MB, 250x139
>>80818749
As long as they include pic related then I'm all for it.
>>
>>80818749
>>80819858

They are already planning on using the entire Corp. It will give them diversity points, plus allow them to show female lanterns, yadda yadda.

And yes, it should be in space. There's no point in even tying it to earth. One (or more) Earth based/sector based JLs can just show up in Part 2 of the Justice League movie.

And if they are going to show any origin at all, it shouldn't be Hal's - probably more about the corp/Guardians/Oa.
>>
All GLs. Hal, Guy, John and Kyle.

I want an Ion or New Guardians type of movie for Kyle ;_;
>>
>>80818749
Have John and Hal mentoring a new GL (could be Kyle or whoever). They explain things to him so you have a fish out of water protagonist. John is played by Idris Elba, who finishes his Marvel contract with Ragnarok. It's why they haven't announced who GL is yet. If they announce another GL movie, when the first one was a bomb, with a literal who (presumably Amboyer) as the lead then WBs stock price would suffer. It's why Fox said nothing about a sequel to Fant4stic after the reviews were in and the film was out. Hal has been a GL for longer but John is older and is more worldly. You can pick who you want as a villain but I'd love Atrocitus or Sinestro.
>>
Hal's nearlt autistic sometimes. If anything, he's on the spectrum more so than ant other lantern.
>>
Movie one: Buddy cop film starring Hal and Sinestro.
Guardians send the two to finally stop war world after Mongol breaches some treaty or something. Villains: Mongol and Larfleeze (who is a slave/manipulated/whatever to fight for mongol, helps introduce the idea of many colors without using Sinestro first)

Movie two: Sinestro Corps war starring Hal and Guy Gardner. I know Guy may seem weird but i feel it works thematically. Now,. Hal is the mentor having to deal with the hot headed rookie. So at the end of one Sinestro is arrested for taking over his planet and such. He escapes and creates the Sinestro Corps. Guardians are forced to double their ranks which is why each sector gains another ring. Hal is promoted to honor guard after stopping Sinestro

Movie 3: Hal, Guy and John.
This is the problem With the Lantern movies I feel. It's difficult to reach Blackest night because you have tot introduce the different corps, but just dumping all the emotions at once is poor writing I feel. I'm not quite sure how I'd do it. So if I couldn't, I would take Larfleeze out of the first one. Still not sure what the plot of this one would be but I'd probably end it like Emerald Twilight.
>>
Unless they want another movie that'll lose money and failed merchandise line, they'll use John Stewart. People are most familiar with him from JLU, after all.
>>
>>80819858
Why not a movie about the Sinestro corps war then? The whole ark, the best part about it is that you don't even need to introduce everybody, just the main earth lanterns and Sinestro himself, maybe superman and the rest of the league making small cameos
>>
Keep RR as far away from it as [possible
>>
>implying the dceu will make it to 2020
>>
Adapt GLC: Recharge.

>>80831825
Don't worry, he's too busy being LELSORANDUMB-Man at Fox.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.