[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think we can all agree this is the best Origin movie of MCU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: file.png (835 KB, 601x850) Image search: [Google]
file.png
835 KB, 601x850
I think we can all agree this is the best Origin movie of MCU
>>
Iron Man > ANTS > Thor > Captain America > whichever Hulk movie was canon
>>
1. Thor
2. Ironman
3. Hulk
4. Gotg
5. Antshill
>>
File: 1385269708991.gif (115 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1385269708991.gif
115 KB, 250x188
>>80816645

>first Thor above Captain America TFA
>>
>>80816645
This (it was the Ed Norton one, btw)
>>
Eight years. 13 movies, and the first Iron Man is still one of their top 3.

Not the case with Ant-Man
>>
>>80816645
Why is Incredible Hulk so low?
>>
>>80816645

>Iron Man
>ANTS
>Captain America
>Thor
>haven't seen The Incredible Hulk
>>
IM > AM > Cap > Thor > Hulk
>>
Luis a best
>>
IM > Cap > Ant-Man > Hulk > Thor
>>
>>80816684
>>80816699
It's not that good lads
Which is ironic since Marvel Studios was betting on Hulk being their first big film while they considered Iron Man a risk

Around the same level as the first MCU Cap film
>>
>>80816684
because that anon has shit taste, especially for putting a Thor attempt above anything else
>>
File: 1457914556414.png (673 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1457914556414.png
673 KB, 569x802
>people shit on Cap's movie nonstop
>now they love it

I mean I like it but its so strange now
>>
>>80816762

Hey now I actually liked the first Thor movie. It was fun, even if it wasted some potential.

the first Captain America movie blows it out of the water though.
>>
>>80816595
I loved Ant-man but id probably go
Captain America>Iron Man> Ant Man

Even though I think overall I actually like Ant-Man more than the other two movies as a whole the origins for Cap and Iron Man were just way more engaging for me.
>>
>>80816762
It's not that Thor was amazing, it was just more enjoyable than Captain America. The Winter Soldier is a top tier movie but The First Avenger was boring generic trash.
>>
Ironman > Cap > ANTS > Norten Hulk > Thor
>>
>>80816794
For me the first thor movie had the same issue as thor 2. The stuff not on earth was cool, the moment earth is involved it bores the shit out of me.

I think I liked thor 2 more because it had less earth shit overall. Neither seemed like really good movies but the fantastical comic book movie version of the nine realms was always enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>80816780
>tfw I liked it from the beginning
It was strange to see people hating it so much on the internet. I feel like TWS made people appreciate Cap more and that's why it's better regarded now.
>>
>>80816810
>The First Avenger was boring generic trash.
'no'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI
>>
I didn't like the end fight with yellowjacket. there were way too many cut aways to show off how small they were. Every time anything happens it cuts to his kid staring at toys flying around and it got old real fast and they seriously did it like 8 times. It was like they didn't want to actually focus on the fight.

I thought the fight with eagle man or whatever the fuck his name is was WAY better, but overall I thought the film was pretty stellar. I bet a fancut of the movie where they get rid of all the reaction shots during that fight would be better for me
>>
>>80816841
Seriously though.
As soon as he lands on earth it felt like I was watching an episode of corner gas
>>
>>80816881
Thing is I can kinda see where theyre coming from if they only saw it once or twice. Cos after the first outing as cap when he saves those imprisoned soldiers...the movie becomes really generic in alot of ways. I wouldnt say shit but just a downer compared to the stellar first half of him becoming cap. A thing alot of origin super hero stories suffer from. Having most of the action adventure captain america stuff be a fucking montage was a bad choice. Of course time limits stuff and the movie can only be so long but that climax should have been a little longer and more elaborate to send off the tale in a good way.

Although if theyre hating on the first part...yeah probably a spaz.
I don't imagine any real human being can hear that line about not liking bullies and not caring where they're from and not being sold on the idea that this is Captain America.
>>
>>80816858
It's what keeping the same writers with a better directing team does. The movie has a better feel, but the writers still get to take advantage of plot points they planted in the first movie.
>>
File: 1374362401921.jpg (43 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1374362401921.jpg
43 KB, 554x439
Post yer MCU movie rankings.

>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Captain America: The First Avenger
>Iron Man
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Ant-Man
>The Avengers
>Thor 2
>Avengers: Age of Ultron
>The Incredible Hulk
>Iron Man 3
>Thor
>Iron Man 2

Honestly the last 6 are randomly placed, I didn't really like any of those. Yes I'm serious with the Cap 1 ranking, I love it and it's a very rewatchable movie for me.
>>
>>80816595
I didn't think it was that good. Fight scenes looked great but everything else was meh
>>
>paul rudd will never come to your table and eat your spaghetti with his bare hands
>>
>>80816858
I think more folks would appreciate it if they watched it again now. Like there were alot of things i overlooked or didn't care about or didn't like that looking back i think 'wow no that was great'.

This ending for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgniAt36YY

I thought the fast forward to modern day was a bad idea the first viewing. But it isn't until I watched it again post Winter Soldier and heard that last line again when he laments that he 'had a date' that it really struck me how perfect a way that was to end the film.
>>
>>80816595
I think Iron Man was better, but I'll also admit that it might just be because Ant-Man came so late into the game that it didn't really feel like it was doing anything extremely different. I would be willing to believe that Ant-Man could have started the superhero crazy just as well as Ironman had it been released at that time.

>>80816780
I never thought it was bad overall, but I always thought it was one of the weaker movies. It did do some things EXTREMELY well though.
>>
Lmao. Antman with the cliche training montage. And it's a small scale movie although probably intended.

Iron Man is the best marvel origin story.
Thor is one of the weakest franchises out of Cap, Iron Man, and every other character with solo films.
>>
>>80817168
>Iron Man
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>The Avengers
>Ant-Man
>Thor
>Iron Man 2
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 3
>>
>>80817208
It's these little character moments that really make Cap 1 for me. This scene, Cap talking with Peggy over the comms, Cap's conversation with Erskine before the transformation and so on.

I really like how Markus&McFeely have these great character moments between action scenes. Winter Soldier also had some great quiet moments with Cap visiting Peggy, his conversation with Widow in the car and then at Sam's place, that flashback with Bucky etc. What TWS did better than Cap 1 is that it had better pacing and better action scenes. The character moments were great in both movies though and that's thanks to the writers.
>>
>>80817168
Captain America 1 is one of the worst movies. Because people sure want to see a boring scenes of him dancing with bitches on stage as a propaganda mascot
>>
>>80816645
The correct order is Iron Man > Captain America > ANTS > Hulk > Thor
>>
>>80817168
>Iron Man
>Captain America: Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Avengers
>Ant-Man
>Iron Man 3
>Thor
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2
>>
>>80817343
This.

Iron Man makes the most money. And first film is best origin.

Captain America WS is amazing and Civil War will hopefully be great.

ANT is not bad and it's sequel as Wasp.

Hulk and Thor can go whatever, they won't make any more Hulk films, and Thor is a shit franchise.
>>
>>80817332
I loved that. It helped set the stage for him getting tired of not being in the fight which is what hed wanted to do all this time. But likewise set up the reasoning for him having this ridiculous costume. He was thrown up as a costumed propaganda piece but because he went to save those soldiers in that costume he created this idea of the costumed hero.
It has humor, insight into the character, and most importantly serves a purpose in the story. Thats good film making.
>>
>>80817168
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier = Guardians of the Galaxy
>Ant-Man = Captain America: The First Avenger = Iron Man
>The Avengers = Avengers: Age of Ultron
>Iron Man 3
>Iron Man 2
>Thor 2 = The Incredible Hulk = Thor

Different moods, different ranks.

Cap2 is definitely the best, but GotG packs an emotional punch that the others really dont.

Really like Ant-Man and Cap1 and Iron Man 1. They all have a quality that I like, which is having the Hero be completely aware of what he wants to do. It's Iron Man wants to be the coolest motherfucker (hot-rod red), Cap wants to stop bullies, Scott knows it's his last resort and why Pym picked him to do it, despite not being the most qualified. This makes the movies feel very honest to me, and so the climaxes all click with me, and the setup does as well. Thor and Hulk kind of stumble into their thing, so they bore me.

It's not that AoU is great, but Avengers 1 looks like shit. I like it for the hype it was at the time, but I can't relive that moment, so the movie drops a bit.

Iron Men are meh. I liked the 3rd movie emphasis on Tony rather than the suit, but that should've been the second one.

The other ones I don't care for, really. Thor 2 (alongside GotG) had the best cinematography, though. Really pretty movie, really shitty script.
>>
>>80817168

>Iron Man
>The Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Ant Man
>Iron Man 2
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 3
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor

Admittedly, Avengers is higher than GotG because that movie will always have a special place in my heart, Iron Man 2 is so high simply because of the hype it built for Avengers, and The Incredible Hulk is low because of how forgettable it was.
>>
>>80817168

Id go
>Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>The Avengers
>Avengers 2 age of Ultron
>Ant-Man
>Iron Man
Captain America: The first Avenger
>Iron Man 3
>Incredible Hulk
>Thor 2
>Thor
>Iron Man 2

And honestly it's only around Incredible hulk that things begin drifting down into 'dislike'
>>
>>80817168

>Winter Soldier
>Iron Man
>GotG
>Avengers
>Ant-Man
>Captain America TFA
>Thor
>Iron Man 3
>Iron Man 2
>Avengers AoU
>Thor 2

Haven't seen TIH yet
>>
>>80817327

One of my favorite bits from the first Captain America movie was the connection between the scene where Cap first meets the Howling Commandos, to where he comes back to the same bar after Bucky dies and it's all bombed out and it's snowing.

Fucking cried as he's sitting in the ruin of it finding out that he can't even get drunk.
>>
>>80817675
There's not enough crying OR laughing in movies. It's always looking angry or a smirk. It's one of the things I love about The Flash's Joe West.

In the MCU Cap comes the closest. I'd actually like to see RDJ performing that scene from Cap's death, even if just through jail bars if they decide not to kill him. Also, does Cap have Evan's laugh?
>>
>>80817452
Plus, the propaganda montage is only about 3 minutes long.
>>
>All this Thor hate
First Thor movie was actually quite decent and the visuals were top notch. Also the first movie that actually had me really interested in MCU, as I didn't particularly like two first Iron Man movies (I remember 1 being good, and 2 really bad) and I have no idea whether I saw Hulk or not.
End Battle in Thor was bit boring, but that's all.

Thor 2 on the other hand was dogshit.
>>
>>80816595
>>80816595
The origin parts are fine.

It's the shitty remake of Ocean's Eleven they're jammed into that's the problem.
>>
>>80818155
There isn't any movie I really hate. But I do just find Thor weak in comparison. Mainly because he spent most of the movie without his powers. And that's fine for an origin movie, but then I want to see a good climax and, as you said, the end battle wasn't very spectacular.
>>
>>80818155
Thor 2 had much better visuals than Thor 1, dude. Better than most of the MCU.

Thor 1 looked great in Asgard if a bit empty. But the New Mexico scenes looked like episode 1231231 of Buffy, man. Also the fucking dutch angles.

Thor 2 filled Asgard with people but the story is incomplete. It's not that the main plot is bad, it's just too simple. The scooby gang makes it bad.
>>
>>80818293
(addendum)
The characters are much better in the 1st one, though, they actually feel different and seem to have personalities.
>>
>>80817180
He might
>>
Antman is like the biggest waste of time, Michael Douglas, could've just went up to him instead of this bullshit elaborate recruitment that would never go off like that.
>>
File: 281177_1249762142127_full.jpg (24 KB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
281177_1249762142127_full.jpg
24 KB, 338x300
>>80816595
This shitty movie is overrrated on 4chan.

Is it just drones to get us to bandwagon?
>>
>>80819477

I'm a massive DC fag and I loved Ant-Man.

Good mix of comedy and great characterization. Cross was pretty believable as a scientist who's gone way off the deep end and everyone recognizes it but himself, Douglas was fucking fantastic as an aged Pym with regrets and yet trying to keep from making more of them, and Rudd makes for a hugely likeable Scott Lang, who you want to root for but still has some noticeable flaws that land him in the movie's situation in the first place.
>>
>>80819477
it's just you
>>
>>80819477
Yeah. As usual your taste is superior and there's no way anyone could legitimately like something that you don't.
>>
>>80819415

And Hawkeye could use a gun, but then that wouldn't be a very good story now would it?
>>
>>80819477
It's a good movie. You just have no taste dude
>>
>>80816881
10/10
>>
Thor 1 was decent but incredibly dull since it was in a desert and took place over like 4 days.

Unrelated, but I recently rewatched Incredible Hulk, and I still like it, but how long was Banner Hulked out that he went from Rio to fucking Guatemala?
>>
>>80819778
I assume he either ran the whole way or just Hulk jumped 2 or 3 times and turned back
>>
File: here we go again.png (171 KB, 290x221) Image search: [Google]
here we go again.png
171 KB, 290x221
>>80820183
>>80820199
>>80820220
>replying to bait
but why
>>
>>80816595
Nope. It's the best legacy movie.
We don't watch Ant-Man's origin.
We watch him handing over the title.
>>
>>80817168
Legit good film tier:
>Winter Soldier
>Iron Man

Pure Spectacle
>The Avengers

Comfy, lazy Sunday night film
>Thor
>Ant Man
>Captain America 1

Undeniably flawed, but funny enough to make up for it
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Iron Man 3

Too bloated or uneven to appreciate
>Age of Ultron
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2

Forgettable
>The Incredible Hulk

The Avengers doesn't get enough credit for being as fun as it is. Even if it was better the first day in the theaters, it's still very fun to watch now. I mean, it could've been another AoU, but it stays tight and fun and doesn't pretend to be about anything else.

The first Thor is a cozy little film. It's still my favorite to rewatch (or was, until Ant-Man came along). Solid character beats and enough delicious cheese to keep the grandiose elements intact

If GotG was a film about Rocket, Groot and Yondu it'd be on par with Avengers, but I really disliked Quill and Gamora in the film.
>>
>>80819477
>drones
>>
>>80818324
I love Thor's arc in the film. As simple as it is, it's the sort of arc I don't mind rewatching.

That said, without Loki it would never have worked as well as it did. It's unfortunate that Thor 1 is the best Thor film we'll ever get, because I feel like you could've really done something special with the setting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDBGR6rzn3Q
>>
>>80816881
The first half of the First Avenger was great! The problem is just like how Thor got shitty when they went to Earth, Cap got shitty when they went to Europe.
>>
File: 1340144141037.jpg (68 KB, 630x370) Image search: [Google]
1340144141037.jpg
68 KB, 630x370
>"I can do this all day" has been in every Cap film
>>
>>80817168
>Winter Soldier
>The Avengers
>Iron Man
>Guardians
>Ant-Man
>Iron Man 3
>Age of Ultron
>The First Avenger
>Thor
>Hulk
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2

The Daredevil show is the best thing in the MCU though.
>>
>>80820831

It's a good call-back, isn't it.
>>
>>80820491

I would love a miniseries of Jan and Hank beating the shit out of commies and terrorists during the Cold War though.
>>
>>80820499
>The Avengers doesn't get enough credit for being as fun as it is. Even if it was better the first day in the theaters, it's still very fun to watch now. I mean, it could've been another AoU, but it stays tight and fun and doesn't pretend to be about anything else.

Yeah Avengers doesn't hold up as well on rewatch as some other MCU films, but it's damn good at what it needs to be.
>>
>>80821348
If only we could clone Douglas
>>
>>80820499
>Undeniably flawed, but funny enough to make up for it
>Iron Man 3

Seriously, the part in the beginning with Stark talking to the cardiologist and blowing the noisemaker destroyed my sides when I saw it for the second time.
>>
>>80820831

It wasn't in TWS, was it?
>>
File: Ants.webm (269 KB, 740x682) Image search: [Google]
Ants.webm
269 KB, 740x682
ANTS
>>
File: Did someone say.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Did someone say.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>80822297
ANTS
>>
>>80822404

I just realized that the CW Ant-Man helmet is basically a revamp of the original Wasp design from that flashback.
>>
File: 1458142302525.jpg (127 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1458142302525.jpg
127 KB, 1200x1800
>>80822449
I just realized that Yellowjackets folded stingers form the outline of hanks black fin things
>>
>Guardians
>Iron Man
Try 3rd best.
>>
>>80817168
Guardians > WS > Ant-Man > Iron Man > Avengers > the rest > Age of Ultron > Thor 2
>>
>>80822779

>Thor and Iron Man 3 better than AoU and Thor: The Dark World

lol no
>>
I think the Thor movies would have been better, if they put also an earth villain of Thor into the movie.
Quick Sand for example.
>>
>>80817168
>Winter Soldier
>Ant-Man
>Iron Man
>Captain America
>Iron Man 3
>Guardians
>The Avengers
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor 2
>Thor
>Iron Man 2
>Ultron
>>
>>80816699
/thread
>>
>>80817168
>Winter Soldier
>AoU
>Avengers
>Iron Man
>GotG
>First Avenger
>IM3
>Dark World
>IM2
>Thor
>ANTS
>Incredible Hulk
>>
>>80816595
>Ruined chances of a Hank -> Yellow jacket arc.
No it's shit.
Avengers 2 is also shit because notHank ultron is a shit.
>>
>>80826422
What if.... What if he "adopts" Ultron, and he "convinces" Hank that the human race is garbage and needs to be destroyed and Hank recovers the Yellowjacket technology and goes in a rampage while the Wasp and Ant-Man have to stop him?
>>
>>80817168
>Ant-Man
>Iron Man
>Iron Man 3
>The Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Thor
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor: The Dark World

Never watched First Avenger or IM2.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.