[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible bootleg DVD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: futz_flying.jpg (125 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
futz_flying.jpg
125 KB, 540x304
So, anyone know anything about this? This show aired way back about 9 years ago on Teletoon in Canada, in between other shows and such. Eventually they stopped showing it and it just faded from memory. I recently saw this DVD in a Salvation Army, which I will divulge was somewhere in Ontario where the show was produced. The box feels kinda cheep, the cover looks printed and the disc label is definitely printed and glued, as it covers the inner translucent ring of the disc. Looks like it was made to pitch the idea of a release? It looks like a really nice bootleg to me, but the DVD itself is properly mastered - legit menus, no channel logos. Bit of a mystery. It was shrink wrapped too, I would have left it closed if there was a market for it, but it doesn't look like another one exists. Any help /co/? I'll post pics in a sec.
>>
I remember the show but never seen or head about a DVD for it.
>>
>>80815344
I watched this show constantly before on Rollercoaster back in 2007 and continued watching until about 2009.
>>
Damn, I remember seeing this show. Never liked it.
Anyways of the 3 minutes of research I've done on this, it doesn't look like the thing had a dvd release. Yeah, it could be some sort of bootleg, or some sort of prototype build that was meant for a full release. I'm no expert on this sort of stuff, but yeah, you should send pics to show how legit it is.
If it does turn out to be some sort of prototype, you have a neat little thing in your hands.
>>
>>80815344

No picture then?
>>
Coming in a second, I'm ripping the DVD right now seeing as I can't find another copy anywhere. Can't hurt to be safe.
>>
File: IMG_20160316_191258.jpg (551 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_191258.jpg
551 KB, 1080x1920
Here ya go.
>>
File: IMG_20160316_191435.jpg (619 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_191435.jpg
619 KB, 1080x1920
>>
File: IMG_20160316_191623.jpg (664 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_191623.jpg
664 KB, 1080x1920
>>
There isn't a market, especially for a no-name Canadian cartoon.

Sorry, OP.
>>
>>80816158
I know, I'm more interested in preservation rather than making money.
>>
>>80816178
Have you tried calling up 9 Story and ask them about the DVD?
>>
Update, all but one episode will play. Trying to rip it for preservation, considering it seems to be a prototype of sorts.
>>
>>80816138
I've never seen a DVD with so little text on the bottom.
>>
>>80816287
Nope. I might though. I found the creator's Linked In, so I might message him on there. Right now I'm just trying to rip it in case it gets damaged.
>>
>>80816178
>preservation
Fuck yeah. Get that shit out there. There's too much lost media.

I'd recommend putting it on YouTube and uploading the untouched DVD files to MySpleen (they love rare shit) and maybe to public trackers too.
>>
>>80816400
I know, that's why I bought it. Something seemed off, and it was only $2. Figured I got a good deal at the very least, not the one of a kind prototype I have now. Yes, I know that no one really cares about the show but it doesn't look like it was ever released other wise. If that's true then I may as well preserve it somehow. Few may care but hey, why not.
>>
>>80816468
That's what I'm doing. I just finished remuxing the whole DVD to MKVs, and I'm about to rip the whole thing as an ISO. I think I'll put it on MySpleen at the very least, as I'm on there already. PM me once I upload it, you seem pretty cool guy. Take care, thanks for the kind words.
>>
Update, WinX saved my ass again. For some reason MakeMKV likes to freak out and not save stuff every now and again, but WinX did the job, thank god. I reckon I'll encode them and post them on MySpleen, maybe Archive.org. I'll see about doing an ISO too.
>>
I'm encoding right now. Using CRF14 because the show compresses really well. Came out to 42MB for the first episode, which runs 3 minutes and 20 seconds long (they all run about that long).
>>
Please upload it somewhere, I collect obscure cartoon shows.
>>
>>80817435
Will do boss. You on MySpleen?
>>
>>80817435
I can't guarantee I'll up it somewhere you can get it if you don't respond mate.
>>
Hey guys, leaving my laptop now. OP 2 (Tablet) is also me, and I'll use a trip code on there from now on too. I'll also post proof with that trip to prove that I'm legit. Take care guys.
>>
File: IMG_20160316_204146.jpg (527 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_204146.jpg
527 KB, 1080x1920
Hey guys, going offline from my lappy. Proof is here too. I'll be here till 404. Keep an eye on MySpleen if you want the encodes or ISO.
>>
>>80817579
>>80818184
Never heard of that, no.
No mediafire or mega or anything people use?
>>
>>80818708
I can do MEGA, prolly not tonight or before 404 but I can do it. I'll post under this trip if this thread 404s before I can upload it. Sign up on Kametsu (it's open sign up, just follow the rules and you'll be fine, tons of shows available via MEGA, torrent etc. on that site), it'll make it's way there too.
>>
Anyone interested?
>>
>>80818881
I'm interested in this. I'll keep an eye out on Kametsu.
>>
File: Yes.jpg (200 KB, 933x356) Image search: [Google]
Yes.jpg
200 KB, 933x356
>>80822591
>>
>>80822698
In case something happens, register on Kametsu. It'll go up there for sure, so that's prolly safer than betting on the thread not 404ing before I upload.
>>
Encoding rn bros. It's coming, bump if you can, try to keep the thread going until I can upload. If not, well I already said, this'll be going on Kametsu so join up there.
>>
I've never seen or even heard of this show, but I'm all over rare media of any kind. Looking forward to the uploads.
>>
Pretty interesting find, makes me want to check out Salvation Army for prototype DVDs of the Donkey Kong Country TV show or something.
>>
>>80823255
Yeah, it aired some 9 or so years ago in Canada on Teletoon, in between shows and movies. I remember watching it and moderately enjoying it way back then when I was a kid. They're encoding right now, pretty sure it's encoded 11 episodes so far? Depending on how busy /co/ is tonight I might be able to link something here. If not, I'll link a thread on that Kametsu site, where I'll be posting this anyways, so even if we do 404, at least a few anons will be able to share and spread the show. (Kametsu is a great site tho, sign up there regardless).
>>
>>80823650
Yup, that's why I shop there. You can usually find clothes that are still in good nick, but I've never found something like this before, certainly not at the Salvation Army, I don't think. This show was produced in Toronto, which is only a 40 minute drive from my house, and a 30 minute drive from where that store was. I'm gonna guess that the production company gave out DVDs to the team that worked on the show, someone swiped a couple extras and some how one ended up in the right place at the right time for me to buy it.
>>
I'd be more impressed with Futz on Blu-ray.
>>
>>80824039
>not vhs master race
>>
Almost done encoding. One more to go!
>>
OK, it's uploading. All 26 episodes, with CRF16 x264 video and passthrough AC3-2.0 audio. Total's in at 1.04GB
>>
>>80824194
I'm sure the original broadcasts are all laying around on tapes somewhere...
>>
>>80816468
How do you get on MySpleen?
>>
>>80826103
Need an invite mate.
>>
http://kametsu.com/topic/53600-futz-season-one-s01-480p-dvd-x264-pd7/

Here's the topic where I'll be sharing the show. Uh, don't be stupid or anything. It isn't a private site but the admins will ban you if you deserve it. I would share the main MEGA here directly on /co/ too but I don't want to have to worry about my account or files going down. I would really appreciate it if you guys could copy into your clouds and share those links rather than my link in the forum topic above - this way if any folders do get taken down, it's as simple as coming back to the above topic and copying back into your account rather than needing me to reupload the files. Let's try and keep these floating around, shall we? Doubt they'll ever get released outside of my encodes, so keep them alive, yeah?

For anyone reading from archives, just follow the link, sign up and you're good to go. Follow the above notes and courtesies, yeah? Thanks tons mates!
>>
Hey OP, how much do you want for this DVD? If you chuck it in an auction on eBay, I will buy it. Willing to splash a fair bit on it.
>>
>>80826619
Sorry mate, think I wanna keep it. Just curious, how much would you have paid for it? Why? Do you collect this type of thing? Keep an eye on the forum link I posted, as an untouched ISO of the DVD will probably find it's way there at some point.
>>
>>80826619
Feel free to PM me on that Kametsu site above if you wanna chat. I don't think I wanna sell it but I do love talking about this type of thing.
>>
>>80826359
>>80826359
Can anyone do that for me? I'm out of the loop on this stuff but I'm all for this nostalgic shit.

If that's not how it works or I'm not qualified or whatever, I get it.
>>
Alright boys, episodes 1-13 are all up in that Kametsu topic, if you wanna share them publicly please do copy the folder into your own account and make your own link from that copy. This way, the original folder will hopefully stay alive longer than it would being shared too freely. Take care guys, my job is more or less done now. Keep an eye on that Kametsu topic or the MEGA folder within for the rest of the episodes. Gotta go to bed now guys, good night.
>>
>>80826903
Just register at Kametsu and go to this thread:

http://kametsu.com/topic/53600-futz-season-one-s01-480p-dvd-x264-pd7/

I've posted a MEGA link/folder there.
>>
>>80826959
I mean I'm very interested in all the stuff MySpleen has, but yea.

any time I try to sign up on that site it just doesn't work
>>
>>80826959
>>80827136
Yep, after all this time, as usual, when I do it, the verification email doesn't show the verfy link in the post, just a blank message. Tried 3 browsers and a re-verify thing.

I'm never getting into that site man
>>
>>80827243

Try using Facebook or Twitter.
>>
>>80827729
Alright.

But so yea is that a no on how that MySpleen works? I'd like an invite if it was possible.
>>
>>80827797
I would invite you if I had somewhere like an email to send the invite to. If you can get on Kametsu, just PM me on there. More obviously, just PM the OP of the Futz! topic on Kametsu.
>>
File: Old-Bruce-Wayne-Batman-Beyond.jpg (107 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Old-Bruce-Wayne-Batman-Beyond.jpg
107 KB, 500x375
>>80815344
>2007
>way back
Fuck
>>
>>80827865
I know, shit was 9 years ago. A 2007 newborn is now 9 or 10 years old. Christ.
>>
>>80815344
I remember this show, wasn't it one of those shorts that aired between commercials?
>>
>>80827897
It says that in the OP friendo

>>80827863
Alright, I got in on the site.
>>
Right then mates, I'm actually going to sleep this time. Night guys, remember, keep the stuff circulating. Can't hurt. Take care guys.
>>
>>80828113
Night rare-find anon. I'll do my best to keep this thread alive. Hopefully others will join in.
>>
Anyone have any videos of this? Can't seem to find anything on it, but I don't have the room to download any of the episodes OP posted. Anything like a theme song?
>>
>>80828296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSOIEKQvNM
>>
>>80828366
that looks worse than the pic in the OP
>>
>>80828366
English please
>>
>>80828366
>budget
>$20
>>
>>80815344
Could be an inside-scoop kind of deal, not necessarily a season set test, but something they just passed around for the archives.

This is neat, you should hold onto it for a long time.
>>
I swear this show reminds me of Maisy for some reason.
>>
>>80827912
You're the anon who wanted to get into myspleen, right? It sounds like the OP already has you hooked up so this might not matter, but I was going to share some links with you or whoever needs them.

Private Tracker General:
>>>/g/ptg
This has some good info on how to get into private trackers. Including on how to use access to one tracker to get into another.

>https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers
This has useful info in the sidebar, including invite offers.
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Invites
A subreddit where you can ask for invites.

Myspleen is great. I'd encourage anyone here who understands torrents and likes hard-to-find or old cartoons to check it out.

>>80828113
Thanks OP. I look forward to seeing it on MySpleen. You should consider scanning the box and discs, if you haven't already.
>>
>>80829072
Nice, thanks man. I'll look into that. Not 100% up to code on all things trackers wise (I know what they are to some extent) but I know how to boost some and actually download and use the torrents. So far everything seems to be working fine, got a few good finds as well.

Interested on private trackers though

thanks anon!
>>
bumpin' for exposure
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.