[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /co/ think of Age of X?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Age_of_x.jpg (149 KB, 800x613) Image search: [Google]
Age_of_x.jpg
149 KB, 800x613
What did /co/ think of Age of X?
>>
More like Age of Not Very Good
>>
>>80810892
It was actually pretty good. That's why this thread barely has any replys.
>>
>>80810892
last good X-Men crossover, even with the played out X-Men's Last Stand storyline and some of the best costume designs ever and just general fun lineups

shame only thing that came out of it was Frenzy crushing on Cyclops that went no where
>>
>>80811788
Liked Cyke and Frenzy.
>>
Loved it. All the costumes should have stayed. I miss Carey. And Gillen. And Spurrier. And Remender. And Morrison and Whedon. God, it's been so long since X-Men have had any decent stories or writers.
>>
>>80810892
no
>>
>>80810892
I'm a little disapointed whenever I think about it. It had a lot of cool ingredients, the right hook, and I just LOVED the costumes, but it fell somewhat flat in execution. Whenever I think about it, it's like it could have been the greatest think since ever, but was just medicore overall.

Still better than most "big" crossovers, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>80810892
it was alright
>>
>>80811962
It kinda bums me out. I started getting into comics in the late 80s but id just read random shit. Like oh look at this it has a super hero. It wasn't until around 1990 or 91 that I became a marvel fan for life. And it was Claremonts uncanny x-men that did it. I would read spider-man (espescially when mcfarlane took over the art) or Silver surfer, or thor sometimes. But I was all about x-men and x-force and x-calibur and all the mutant stuff more than anything else. And despite some downs (fucking onslaught story) man oh man have they had their ups. And so many amazing writers. They were in many ways the golden child of marvel for a good while.

Now I feel like Marvel is just flushing them into the crapper because they don't have the movie rights. First tossing them over to bendis who was unsuited for a book like that and letting him completely waste the amazing positiont AvX left cyclops in. And now it seems like theyre just whittling the x-men down to make room for the inhumans and I can't think of a single x book I enjoy reading anymore. I honestly think the last one was remenders x-force.

Shitty time to be an x-men fan.
>>
>>80810892
Could be better. But still, in retrospective, the last good X-Men crossover.
>>
>>80815168
same for me, except beside S&M and X&M (get it?), I've read Punisher, Ghost Rider from marvel
>>
>>80811788
>setup a potentially interesting thing for Pixie
>established that Legion can re-power mutants
>never comes up again
>>
>>80811962
>Forgetting Wells
You have shamed yourself and your family.
>>
>>80815918
I never read New Mutants

>>80815891
Legion's power that allows him to do that required rewriting all of reality, it couldn't just make individual changes. Also that power had a mind of it's own and was uncontrollable. Also Legion immediately goes into a story arc that ends with him no longer having ever existed. So no plot hole there.
>>
>>80810892
Superior versions of themselves. Cyclops was badass. He was finally with someone that he deserved. Gambit looked a lot cooler. Even rogue was less annoying.
>>
File: Wow.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
Wow.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>80810892
>>
how would you write the X-men /co/?
>>
>>80817612
No Legion gains a small semblance of control with his own hero watch which let him choose which personality and powers to use. Goes on a mission with Rogue, Magneto, Frenzy and Xavier to recapture his escaped personalities which ends with him losing control again.

And then Xavier takes him to the Himalayas and they both just kinda disappear until AVX

And then comes the series where he erases himself from existence

Plus Chamber managed to keep his powers from AoX
>>
It was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>80810892
Literally who's

seriously who are they can someone list
there's like only 4 that I know
>>
>>80810892
I constantly forget this happened.

It's impressive that the good X-Men books during this time(X-force and WatXmen) managed to avoid this bullshit
>>
>>80810892
Age of apocalypse 2012 was better.
>>
>>80821239
>Plus Chamber managed to keep his powers from AoX

Only to promptly turn into a background character from then on.
>>
>>80810892
It's basically the only X-Men story I've read since Messiah Complex, and I enjoyed it.

Tortured human gun Cyclops was an interesting twist.
>>
I loved that Rogue costume.
>>
>>80822277
AoA 2012 was pure dogshit.

You are shit, anon.
>>
>>80822539
Every Age of Apocalypse since the original has blown donkeys.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.