[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Animated Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
This thread is made for the discussion of the DC Animated Movie Universe.

>Superman Movies
Superman Doomsday
All Star Superman
Superman vs. The Elite
Superman Unbound

>Batman Movies
Batman: Gotham Knight
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Batman Year One
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Son of Batman
Batman: Assault on Arkham
Batman vs. Robin
Batman: Bad Blood

>Superman/Batman
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

>Justice League
Justice League: The New Frontier
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Justice League: Doom
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League: War
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
Justice League: Gods and Monsters

>Green Lantern
Green Lantern: First Flight
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

>Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman (self titled)
>>
What is there to discuss? Other than whatever Bruce Timm's involved in they suck nowadays. Fuck 'em.
>>
I usually check out all the Superman movies. How's Unbound?
>>
File: 1138440-jl_ovaloffice.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1138440-jl_ovaloffice.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
>>80807350
I'm inclined to agree that the past couple movies have left much to be desired (War, Atlantis, any of the Damien movies), they have managed pump out at least a few solid flicks.

Top 3 Movies:
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Justice League: The New Frontier
Justice League: Gods and Monsters
>Wasn't even trying to only pick Justice League movies, that's just what happened.
>>
>>80807364
While I would say the story is pretty decent, I find the art style an absolute chore to sit through, which is weird because I thought the more cartoony style used in Superman vs. The Elite was great and would have been a good fit.
>>
>>80807331
>Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
How is this? Is it any good?
>>
>>80807482
Better than War but worse than every single other one on that list.
>>
>>80807662

i liked super hombre tho
>>
>>80807723
Wasn't implying you didn't. Just felt the need to post one the best versions of Superman ever.
Vid for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4
>>
>>80807364
Supergirl looks nice in it.

I only noticed because of how ugly I thought she was in Apocalypse.
>>
This is a bad idea for a thread. Everyone is just going to shitpost how bad they are. Personally, the Damien Wayne movies aside, I like the lot of them. Especially Flashpoint and Assault on Arkham

I'm not sure what it is about Damien Robin that ruins those movies, but they are just so bad.
>>
>>80807364
Top tier Lois. Other than that it's alright.
>>
>>80807482
It was alright, definately worth the watch, but it wasn't like top 3 worthy, maybe not even top 5 but could be for someone
>>
>>80807920
The character is insufferable. The voice acting is annoying. He has a huge head. Take your pick.
>>
>>80808002
>He has a huge head
That's gotta be it. Thanks anon
>>
>>80807967
Good characterization.

Shit tier design though. Every other animated version has a bette design.
>>
>>80807920
I wouldn't really call it shitposting if the movies themselves are actually bad....and the last 3 movies that all involved Damien were shit movies. I have no idea why DC is so intent on jamming that little cocksucker down our throats like he's the next coming of christ. I'm not even going to watch the next movie he's starring in "Justice League vs. Teen Titans". I just want my killing joke movie and an adaptation of Grant Morrison's JLA. Also I wouldn't mind The Parallax storyline and the beginnings of Kyle Rainer turned into a movie.
>>
>>80808206
My dick disagrees, anon.
>>
>>80808361
I mean the Damien movies are bad, we all agree there. But it seems like everyone treats the rest of the DC movies like Damien is in them. I really enjoyed most of them, I'm not sure why they're all so hated. The only one I ever see get any respect is Crisis on Two Earths
>>
BUMP FOR LIFE
>>80807437
Also Crisis on Two Earths is the best Justice League movie hands down.
>>
File: Superman_vs._The_Elite_(2012).jpg (245 KB, 715x889) Image search: [Google]
Superman_vs._The_Elite_(2012).jpg
245 KB, 715x889
This movie was more enjoyable than its source material.
>>
>Superman Movies
Superman Doomsday (good initial fight with doomsday, bad everything else).
All Star Superman (the took a great Morrison story and made an okay movie)
Superman vs. The Elite (entertaining movie that raises a lot of good questions but ends with a "Might makes Right" ending that fails when you look to closely).
Superman Unbound (Entertaining Braniac story with a meh artstyle).

>Batman Movies
Batman: Gotham Knight (fun collection of stories that fleshes out the Nolan verse)
Batman: Under the Red Hood (better than the source material)
Batman Year One (as good of an adaptation of Year One as you're going to get)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (fucking perfect)
Batman: Son of Batman (shit)
Batman: Assault on Arkham (fantastic guy ritchie esque villain movie)
Batman vs. Robin (shit)
Batman: Bad Blood (shit)

>Superman/Batman
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (stupid amazing comic book fun, Luthor has all the best lines)
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (interesting story but a terrible art style)

>Justice League
Justice League: The New Frontier (god tier)
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (ultra god tier)
Justice League: Doom (enjoyable)
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (way better than it had any right to be)
Justice League: War (passable Justice League movie)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (didn't watch)
Justice League: Gods and Monsters (Timm Tier)

>Green Lantern
Green Lantern: First Flight (training day in space)
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (enjoyable collection of short green lantern stories)

>Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman (didn't watch)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.