[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This is an imaginary story. >Aren't they all? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Alan_Moore_(2).jpg (3 MB, 2135x2735) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore_(2).jpg
3 MB, 2135x2735
>This is an imaginary story.
>Aren't they all?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80802449
He was trying to get rumors of him running a human trafficking ring shut down after he got high and yelled some shit.
>>
>What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80802449
It's not real, no need to be serious about it, pleb.
>>
>>80802449
"Imaginary story" would refer to stories that were non-canon. i.e. One's that might as well be from the imagination of one of the comic's own characters. A lot of wacky Silver Age DC covers would have "not an imaginary story!" emblazoned on them to ensure readers that this was the "real" DC Universe this silliness was happening in as a marketing hook.
Moore pointing out how it's a silly designation because literally all of comicdom's imaginary anyway, and that canon is a highly arbitrary designation. Any story is as valid as any other story. Everything is canon.
Once again, Grant Morrision ripped him off.
>>
Moore is a strong believer in the idea that all fictional realities are, in some multiversal context, real. He is referencing the belief that we ourselves are the characters of some great cosmic fiction.
>>
>>80802449

stories only exist in your head

they might be based on something that really happened or not but they're still only in your head
>>
>>80802449
I've always thought Alan Moore looks like a wise old sage who lives in a hut.
>>
>>80802853
This, desu.

>>80802788
In some interview Morrison was talking about how people thought he was crazy when he'd say that Superman is real and exists in a different dimension. So he'd grab a Superman comic and say "here he is, in the 2nd dimension"
>>
>>80803640

That's pretty accurate, more or less.
>>
>>80803640

Isn't he?
>>
Imaginary shares a root word with image, after all. Stories, no matter how based on real events they are, are constructions of the storyteller. What you remember, what you choose to put in and leave out, how you choose to convey the "facts"- these are all products of the authors' imagination.
>>
>>80802449
he's dead
>>
>>80803905
>"here he is, in the 2nd dimension"
On a scale from Morrison to Moore, how crazy would I have to be if I started doing that?
>>
>>80806074
That depends, which of them is the high end of the scale?
>>
>>80806574
That's for you to decide.
>>
"Fuck Stan Lee"

>>
>>80802449
the front of his mustache looks like the mouth of a tarantella
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.