[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grew out of hating Batman /co/? I was 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: pzhjpvlyjzc9y91qcbl5.jpg (303 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
pzhjpvlyjzc9y91qcbl5.jpg
303 KB, 1680x1050
When did you grew out of hating Batman /co/?
I was 17
>>
When I was 12 I realized all the capeshit is dumb and not worthy of thinking about.
>>
>>80802224
I stopped liking Batman when I was 17.
>>
>>80802224
I never hated Batman.
>>
I stopped liking the batman at 14, because i realised the joker made more sense.
>>
>>80802224
I've never hated batman per se
I've hated some incarnations of the character. most notably the 20xx movies
>>
File: batman shiggy.png (394 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
batman shiggy.png
394 KB, 640x480
>>80802224

recently when I rewatched Batman the animated series.
>>
>>80802224
Crisis on Two Earths made me stop. His intelligence was on full display and they didn't shy away from suggesting that in a straight one on one fight with most members of the crime syndicate would wreck bats (see his fight with superwoman and owlman). Batgod by Morrison is a step too far in the OP direction and he's more capable than the way some of his street titles make him seem.
>>
>>80802698
Crisis on two earths was Batgod
>>
>>80802224
>hating Batman

Why would you do this other than just because of the fact that he's popular?
>>
>>80802224
Batman is a fantastic character; his problem are the writers. People like Alan Moore, Frank Miller (still, evidently, if Master Race is any indication), and Scott Snyder are all fantastic Batman writers, and all of them created some fantastic iterations of the character.

Really, I only have a problem with the newest incarnation: Social Justice Batman, who has unfortunately fallen victim to the same shitty tropes being forcibly shoved down the throat of the comic industry by a massive, unwanted cock.
>>
>>80802754
Bullshit. He got manhandled every single scene he was in. The only time he actually succeeded in his endevour was literally at the very end and all his did was hook Owlman to his bomb.
>>
When I started interpreting Batman as less of a singular entity and more of a tool for writers to use as a means of expressing a particular emotion.

Depression, Anguish, Obsession, Paranoia, Callousness.

Batman isn't a comic book hero. He is the epitome of flawed humanity striving towards a moral high ground despite having to cope with the psychological consequences of tragedy. He is the bat trying to break free from the cave shadows into the blinding light of day fully aware that his true home is darkness.
>>
File: 1458135678619.jpg (22 KB, 420x308) Image search: [Google]
1458135678619.jpg
22 KB, 420x308
DUDE RICH PARENTS LMAO
>>
>>80802224
>Birth
Before then, I can honestly say I did not like Batman
>>
>>80802224
I guess I am still waiting?
For me Batman is the equivalent of Wolverine in Marvel. He is everywhere and everyone has hyped him so much up that he cannot loose.
It's boring really.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.