[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there such thing as Too Much swearing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: SHIT AND FUCK EVERY SENTENCE.jpg (240 KB, 1258x798) Image search: [Google]
SHIT AND FUCK EVERY SENTENCE.jpg
240 KB, 1258x798
is there such thing as Too Much swearing?
>>
Not really, but the reason people are calling SP out on it is because that's supposed to be the joke.

Those dumb looking cartoons are saying fuck, and that's funny because that doesn't happen in Pixar cartoons.

Theoretically that could be funny, but that seems to be the joke, the one.
>>
Yea of course.
Swearing is supposed to emphasise a sentence, so naturally the more it's used the less effective it becomes.
Tell me which of these sentences sound the most powerful or effective and which sounds the weakest,
>I'm so tired of these dogs barking.
>I'm so fucking tired of these dogs barking.
>I'm so fucking tired of these fucking dogs and their fucking barking.

Obviously the third sentence sounds like it's overdoing it and lost the effect of "fuck"
>>
>>80802089
No it doesn't.
>>
>>80801866
>Too Much swearing

What the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>80801866
>F is for Family
>too much swearing
>europeans
>>
>>80801866
Honestly the more swearing something has, the more childish it seems, which just makes it fucking annoying.
>>
>>80802089
Depending on the situation that third one can make sense...... I kinda want to knowwwhat's bothering that hypotheticalperson
>>
>>80801866
No there fucking isn't you stupid cocksucking shitstain and if you ever fucking ask that goddamn question again I'll cut your fucking head off and fuck your gaping neck like a Chinese whore's cunt.
>>
>>80801909
I thought something animated doing something adult stopped having shock value decades ago.
>>
>>80801866
Yes

Just because you're R rated doesn't mean you have to use swears as punctuation
>>
I'm from poor white trash. My dad sounds like the dude from f is for family. If its done just for shock, thats idiotic (and usually obvious), but if its presenting a setting and tone, who cares.
>>
>>80803115
This. I'm from a very white-trash part of Missouri (more so than the rest) and that's just the way people talk.
>>
>>80801866

Yes. Swearing is great and all but it's also immature. Swearing so much makes it look like it's not targeting adults or children, but angry young teenagers that can't articulate their feelings.

It becomes annoying after awhile.
>>
>>80802522
Fuck, it's fucking obvious that the fucking dogs are what's fucking bothering the fucking guy, you fucker.
>>
I never noticed excessive swearing throughout F is for Family so it can't have been that much. Looking at the script of FOOD WEED LMAO, it could be tedious.
>>
>>80803456
Are you from Jefferson County?
>>
File: hillbilly hare.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hillbilly hare.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>80804378
The Ozark hills, son.
>>
I think people can over do it. But Bill Burr swears exactly enough for Bill Burr, haven't seen the second image you showed.
>>
There honestly, truly isn't.

There is such a thing as too little quality dialogue though, swearing shouldn't be a stand in for being creative.
>>
>>80802089
Fuck, these fuckin pretzels are making me fuckin thirsty!
>>
>>80801866
no. but like any kind of words, it takes a good writer to make it entertaining and get the idea across.
i'm particularly fond of the rules of grammar getting all fucked up in the process of swearing, like what the damning hell shit ass
>>
>>80802089
>>80804053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.