[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Adaptations better than the source material
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12
File: wolf.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1328) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1328
Seriously, this is way better than the Willingham original comics. If it only had Boy Blue it would of been perfect.
>>
Walking Dead too. They fall flat when it comes to making stuff out of good source material but they're pretty great at one upping really meh source material into a good series.
>>
Spectacular Spider-Man

Tried so many times to get into Spider-Man comics (Lee Ditko, Lee Romita, JMS, Bendis, Slott, Kravents Last Hunt etc...) But they always just felt lacking.
>>
The Wolf Among Us is God tier. My favorite Telltale series, clearly.

SEASON 2 FUCKING WHEN TELLTALE?
>>
>>80801081
Too busy with Minecraft Story Mode.
>>
The Godzilla cartoon based off of the 97 film, if that counts. Way better than the disaster that was the film.

>>80801067
The comics are great but Spectacular Spider-Man was seriously a perfect show.
>>
>>80801006
Season 1 was good, season 2 is utter shit. I dropped it.
>>
>>80801191
I seriously don't get all the hate season 2 gets and I've only ever seen that kind of reaction towards it from 4chan. No one else I've ever talked to has hated it. Bringing up all the complaints I hear about here just has everyone scratching their head for the most part.
>>
>>80800824
Misspelled prince charming
>>
>>80801191
Season's 2 biggest issue was treating Clem like she was Lee 2 even though she's still just a kid. When a group of grown adults is relying on a 12 year old to lead them through the apocalypse then you have a problem on your hands.
>>
>>80801227
Nah, friends who recommended me it not only say "you just need to survive the farm", but apparently they don't like season 1 that much either. They were surprised to hear I liked it.
>>
File: IDon'tDeserveThis.png (54 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
IDon'tDeserveThis.png
54 KB, 500x354
>>80801081
>yfw Bigby goes full Big Bad Wolf
>>
>>80800824
>would of
>>
File: pacha.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pacha.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>80801253
>That music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veljfHgNuj4
>>
File: 1334041494093.jpg (22 KB, 480x351) Image search: [Google]
1334041494093.jpg
22 KB, 480x351
>>80801253
>>
>>80801253
Christ that transformation and the ripping Mary a new one that followed was so freaking satisfying. Hated that bitch.
>>
File: absolutelybeautiful.png (308 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
absolutelybeautiful.png
308 KB, 512x512
>>80801253
I had a big ol' smile on my face when Mary finally got what she deserved
>>
>>80801081
I'm still pissed how shitty Tales of Monkey Island was
and Sam & Max S3 for that matter
>>
>>80801227
Carver was a fucking joke villain who was over-hyped by Telltale. Rebecca u-turned and was suddenly super nice to Clem after basically trying to murder her then threatening to murder her when her guard was down.

Nick's "survival" into episode 3 was pathetic and he had one line and did nothing else. Lazy writing. Same goes for the black dude. They set Luke up to be a Lee replacement but they then introduced Kenny and everyone took a back seat to him. Thus Kenny was based as fuck through most of the season until Jane came along to create conflict. It was pretty clear that they were setting up Luke and Kenny to have a falling out and Clem would have to take sides, but Jane took this role and it felt rushed as fuck. The exploration elements were also largely ditched in favour of grandiose set pieces that didn't really add much to the story. The Carver camp sequence gave much opportunity to settle down and have a nice hub where we could talk shit through but even that was blazed through so Telltale could get to the next big moment.

Every character apart from Clem and mostly Kenny was a blithering idiot.

The season was written by a forum moderator.
>>
File: NuohMyGod.jpg (20 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
NuohMyGod.jpg
20 KB, 140x140
>>80801336
>Bigby starts breathing deep
>"What, is he gonna howl and break 'em all or something? That'd be n--"
>BLOWS IT ALL DOWN
>"OH FUCK. OH FUCK, OF -COURSE-"
>>
File: 1453019025605.jpg (243 KB, 1432x1075) Image search: [Google]
1453019025605.jpg
243 KB, 1432x1075
>>80801253
>Snow starts off all nicey-nice then turns into mega-bitch by the end of the season
>>
>>80801253
>That fucking payoff after almost every episode teases the transformation
>tears bloody Mary's glassy cunt apar
Fuckin worth it, the fucking bitch
>>
>>80801227
It was amazingly bad
I don't think there's ever been a zombie apocalypse where adults all rely on the 11 year old girl to do everything for them.

Even Carl in the comics doesn't pull the shit clementine does and then you have the forced Kenny ex machina because some writers liked him too much.
Then finally they had to rewrite the ending because...
>>
File: 50_00.jpg (231 KB, 1000x1538) Image search: [Google]
50_00.jpg
231 KB, 1000x1538
>>80800824
>>
That moment when you can decide if you kill one of the twins or just rip their arm off was amazing. It felt like you actually became the wolf.
>>
The Kingsmen movie was fantastic. Heard nothing but bad things about the comic.
>>
>>80801227
The characters were all incredibly boring compared to S1. The bond between Lee and Clem was really well done and there's nothing that really comes close. Nick's death if you make him survive long enough is almost unremarked upon, like the writers forgot he was there. Sarah was set up to be Clem's Clem, but I think you talk to her all of 4 times. What annoyed me the worst about that was the end of episode 4 where you are given a choice to save her or Jane.
I know in the long run choices don't matter, but here it doesn't matter at all because Jane is going to survive and Sarah is going to die, so why even give that choice?
>>
>>80800824
I really wish there were more "Detective Bigby" stories like the one we got in TWAU. He's just a fun character.
>>
>>80806562
Fuck, Nick's death made me so mad. I was hoping he would end up with a redemption kind of thing, like a moment where he really got to man up or something. But nope, just a shitty off screen death. He was my favorite S2 only character.
>>
>>80801393
>>80801336
>>80801351
>>80801289
>>80801253
it makes me a little warm inside to realize that everyone else had the same reaction as I did at that moment.

I played it again later with my friends one of whom hadn't played the episode yet and the other who just watched us play through the whole thing in one sitting. we were all like this when it happened
>>
>>80801227
The fact that choices didin't matter in the long run became way more obvious,

Also it was kind of hard getting attached to the characters because you knew most of them would die. And pretty much all of them did.

Also fuck the for killing Omid in the first ten minutes
>>
>>80801253
I actually didn't like the ending.
Having never read the comics, the fact that he just entered a new variety of wolf force whenever the situation got harder andthe fact that she kept toying with him when apparently its common knowledge in universe made it feel dumb. It's like he was never in danger at all.
>>
>>80808616
That's why I'm worried about S3. Despite it's many short comings I loved my ending for S2, but I just know at the beginning of the next season they're going to kill off based Kenny for good ;_;
>>
>>80800824
I disagree.
Fables #1-75 > Wolf Among Us >> powergap >> Fables #76-onwards

As for other examples, I might be alone in this one but I liked the Kick-Ass movie a lot more than the comic.
Par on course for Millar, it's edgy, purposeless and has nothing to say. The movie is a well-directed fun action romp that succeeds at what it's trying to do a lot better than the comic.
>>
>>80801227
Honestly, it could've been better. I don't like that the adults put most responsibility on Clem, even though she's a fucking child. I don't even think she should have been the main protagonist in the first place, I think it should have been either Omid or Christa. Fuck, everyone in the group at the beginning was an unlikable prick save Luke and Alvin. I liked Madsen as Carver but they could've utilized him a little bit better than that. I also heavily disliked the last two episodes, mainly because of Jane, they forced into the spotlight a little too much. And the effects of 400 Days mean absolutely fuck all to the plot of Season 2 save the cameos and Bonnie was already set on appearing anyways. But one great thing came out of it, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORKaDaQXLPo
>>
Both films. They cut back on the DUDE EDGE LMAO bullshit, and the casting is excellent (especially Nicolas Cage, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jim Carrey).
>>
>>80808630
That Bigby tries so hard to keep the wolf within suppressed feels like something of a moral challenge.
>>
>>80809129
I liked the movie better than the comic, too. It was fun as fuck

Kick-Ass 2 on the other hand was absolute shit
>>
>>80809424
Kick Ass 2 was worse than the first, but Javier's death was the best scene in any of the films.
>>
>>80801227
Oh no, some strangers are coming.

QUICK CLEMENTINE GO PLAY WITH THAT HEAVY VOLTAGE EQUIPMENT TO TURN OFF THE SIREN
>>
File: 1390770512759.jpg (19 KB, 225x301) Image search: [Google]
1390770512759.jpg
19 KB, 225x301
>>80801253
I loved every moment of The Wolf Among Us, and that and the alley transformation were the best parts of the entire game. After episode 1 I had to leave the game alone until it was finished to continue. I couldn't handle the wait.
>>
>>80809594
I wouldn't have even been mad if they made it a challenge, some like
>We need to turn this wind turbine off
>we keep the keys in the cabin, but a bunch of walkers are coming and we need to keep them away
>Clem, run inside and find them! I think they are up stairs!
And then you can have a timed event where y ou need to try and find the key to turn it off or something while the adults are keeping walkers at bay, and if you arent fast enough something happens (like if you aren't quick enough to warn Clem about the human meat in the first season). Is it a great idea? No, but at least it would be some what of a challenge and make more sense then 'take care of this lil girl'.
>>
>>80809251
But it turns out he could have done that at any time. It felt like a cop out, or an episode of Dragonball.
>>
>>80801433
Nah she was always a bitch but she's been through a lot of shit, abused by the dwarves, worked for a shitty pathetic boss who was fucking a hooker while making her look her and generally dealing with everbodies selfish shit it's a miracle she didn't end up worse
>>
File: 1442724415372.gif (2 MB, 134x134) Image search: [Google]
1442724415372.gif
2 MB, 134x134
>tfw I refused to rip Grendel's arm off
>tfw I refused to kill Tweedle Dee's brother
>tfw I tried to avoid any conflict that was thrown at me
I can't be the only one.
>>
>>80812628
You weren't. I can't help but play nice guys, plus everyone is expecting you to be this huge asshole so it was satisfying to prove them wrong.
>>
>>80800824
Dracula? But that doesn't count?
>>
The first darkness game
>>
>>80801081
Teltalle's too busy not making new Monkey Island dude, give them a break.

>>80804052
Certainly better than Snoozequistion and slightly better than 2 (I know, "it's utter shit", but somehow it grew on me and I even started liking most of those characters. Not Talis, Sebastian or Anders though, they can all rot in hell), but nowhere near Origins.
Good, none the less.
>>
>>80800824
I liked Wolf Among Us but it's clear they changed the story once everyone discovered the twist. The Crooked Man wasn't really that good.
>>
>>80800824
Yeah I have to admit Telltale made me buy a couple of Fable comics...really regretted it.
>>
>>80801227
It just made me realize just how pointless Telltale "choices" are. If a character can possibly die, just don't kill them the very next episode without letting them even do anything worth of note just because you're too fucking lazy to allow choices to actually affect the game.
>>
>>80801253
This scene is why I don't discuss things that I'm really into(until I'm done). I never got spoiled on it, I never saw it coming and it was amazing.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.