[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"the DC extended universe" Who the fuck chose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1280x721
>"the DC extended universe"

Who the fuck chose this shitty title for a franchise?

What was wrong with calling it the DC cinematic universe?
>>
what an interesting question
>>
why should they? maybe the name will be key for something on the future.
>>
>>80795638
they already copied marvel in rushing a movie universe

they didnt want to copy the name too
>>
Aren't there Doritos comics and shit that are technically canon? There's your extension
>>
>>80795707
It's not really copying marvel. By that logic calling it DC comics is ripping off the name marvel comics
>>
I like extended universe
Makes it more possible for crossovers with other universes line CW
>>
File: tumblr_o2z71lb3DT1uorz8zo2_1280.jpg (508 KB, 950x1442) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2z71lb3DT1uorz8zo2_1280.jpg
508 KB, 950x1442
>>80795638
1. It's not that shitty, really... "New52 or AllnewAllDifferent", now those are shitty titles.
2. They want to be different to Marvel
>>
What's it meant to be an extension of?
>>
>>80795783
>>
File: DC_Films_Logo.png (155 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
DC_Films_Logo.png
155 KB, 851x315
>>80795638

It's DC Films now.
>>
>>80796024
I was about to say this. It hasn't been DCEU for a while now, and I don't remember it being made official in the first place.
>>
I don't think it's ever been referred to as DCEU by anyone at WB or involved in the movie. DC Films is as close as they've gotten to labeling it something.
>>
>>80796024

>DC KINO
>>
No one, people just gotta try and be different is all.
>>
>>80796024
No it ain't

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe
>>
>>80796024
This. Extended Universe covers everything
>>
>>80797005
No it doesn't, just the live action films

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe
>>
>>80795638
they don't want to be accused of ripping off the MCU concept any more then they have
>>
its actually DC Cinema
>>
Because eventually it'll be incorporating the CW universe and CBS universe in a Crisis-style crossover.
>>
>>80796024
DC Films is just an imprint like marvel studios
DCEU is like the universe name a la MCU
>>
Because people would have pronounced the DCCU as "The Dickoo".
>>
Because it's most likely not going to be one single continuity and some of the movies may not take place in the same universe as others. More than likely the CW shows are also considered a part of this "Extended Universe" even though the continuity isn't shared.

I just get the feeling from looking at MOS/BvS vs Suicide Squad that this whole shared cinematic Universe for the DC movies is either going to fall apart fast ("We want to focus more on each movie being it's own cinematic experience rather than tieing them down with shared continuity") or develop some really serious plot holes and inconsistancies.
>>
In addition to probably including some of their tv shows like Supergirl into their universe, they're also 100% releasing comics that take place in that world. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some more animated films too if it proves successful enough.
>>
Its called extended universe, cuz the properties "extend" now into other properties, whereas pevious DC movies (Nolan-Bats, Burton-Bats, Donner/Singer-Superman) were enclosed in their own bubble.
>>
>>80803331
>>80803378
This way they can get away with making movies that don't share the BvS continuity.

You'll probably have....

Justice League Continuity
(MOS, BvS, Justic League, etc)

Spin-off Continuity
(Suicide Squad, etc)

CW Continuity
(Arrow, Flash)

Fox Continuity
(Gotham)

CBS Continuity)
(Super Girl)
>>
>>80803452
ss is in the same continuity as bvs
>>
>>80803662
Sure it is anon, sure it is.
>>
>>80803744
Batfleck is in Suicide Sqaud.
>>
>>80803744
are you retarded?
>>
>>80803331
>rather than tieing them down with shared continuity
This is literally the exact opposite of what they've stated
>>
>>80803452
CW/Fox/CBS are not part of the DCEU

I guess the DCEU could refer to the non-WB movies that arent directly connected to the JL-Continuity, like: Shazam, Dark Universe and Sandman.
>>
DC won't keep up the shared continuity of their movies for long.
>>
File: 1456349085946.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1456349085946.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>
>all these casuals that don't know what the Multiverse is

And this is why I don't come here anymore
>>
Being a DC fan is suffering.
>>
>>80804116
the problem with "extended universe" is that it is needlessly vague and obscure as a title of any kind.
>>
>>80804178
Thats on purpose dumbass. Its because its not all gonna take place in one universe. Normies would of been confused if they called it the DC Multiverse. Phase 2 will be other earths.
>>
>>80804219
Wow that's dumb on their part.

And really, wouldn't the proper term be "extended multiverse" then?
>>
>cinematic universe
limited to movies

>extended universe
tv-shows, cartoons and videogames can now become canon as part of the same shared continuity
>>
>>80804244
Its dumb for casuals like yourself that cant figure it out but really who cares about you?
>>
>>80804276
see
>>80803903
>>
>>80804219
>Phase 2

get out
>>
>>80804301
Why can't DC into proper terminology? If it's an extended universe then it's a universe, not a multiverse in which case the extended serves no real purpose as a prefix for the term universe.
>>
>>80804338
Probably gonna have cartoon tie ins and other stuff. Also like another anon said Multiverse is a confusing term for casuals.
>>
>>80804306
Just because current shows arent canon, doesnt mean that WB wont do a show in the future that IS canon.
>>
Really wish DC would take this slow like Marvel did and feel it out. They're charging forward with such speed that even the slightest trip up will spell disaster for their burgeoning cinematic efforts.
>>
>>80804393
Why would they even bother? The shows seem to do better than the movies.
>>
>>80803452
All of the movies are in their own continuity. That's the Cinematic Universe.
The TV Multiverse consists of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and now Supergirl. Constantine is unconfirmed to co-exist with the TV Multiverse, but it is closer to being a part of it than being apart from it.

It is unconfirmed entirely if other shows such as Gotham are a part of the TV Multiverse. There is nothing to suggest they aren't, but they haven't made any actual confirmation one way or the other.
>>
>>80804397
Given that they delayed BVS until it released 3 years after MOS I don't think its rushing.
>>
>>80804397
>Marvel
>5 movies in 4 years before Avengers
>slow and good

>DC
>4 movies in 5 years before Justice League
>rushed and bad
>>
>>80804529
This. Im sick of this meme. Can Marvelcucks not do math?
>>
>>80804473
>being a part of it than being apart from it.
I just wanted to stop by and compliment that wordplay.
>>
>>80804397
Nah, fuck that. I don't need to see what the Iron Man 2 or Thor 2 of the DCEU looks like. And I especially don't need to see Darkseid sit on his fatass for 7 years as part of "build-up".
If they have good things to show us, they should just show it instead of padding this thing out.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.