[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jackie Chan Animated Adventures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: jack.jpg (122 KB, 951x619) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
122 KB, 951x619
So, what does /co/ think, I personally liked it seeing as it was really just Jackie Chan+Mini Azula for the most part.
>>
>>80790486
Jackie Chan does all of his own stunts.

ALL OF THEM.
>>
series kicked ass, absolutely loved it as a kid
>>
My favorite joke will always be.
>>Smile for the camera!
>>I WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!
>>*GASP!*
>>
>>80790486
one of the few 'anime lite' shows to get the point. COOL FIGHTS AND COOL POWERS. none of this fucking yin yang yo xiaolin showdown bullshit that bordered on being racist for thinking just pseudo-asiany words make things cool
>>
Watched s1 and about half of 2 a few years back, certainly the best celebrity-based saturday morning show. I guess the Jade-centrism was too mondo-cool for an adult revisiting the series, but Jackie and Uncle compensate for the most part.

As a kid, I started watching in s2, so I was surprised that Uncle hadn't quite found his role as Chi expert in the first round of episodes.
>>
>>80791544
the only thing that pissed me off about jade is that her facade broke so easily but she never admitted it or showed any sign of vulnerability. that kind of constant pluckiness goes from endearing to irritating quickly. you dont wanna go full Miko Nakadai. Well, she was okay because she was NEVER successful so it was just making fun of her. I guess you never wanna go full daffy duck.
in any case, it was just so hard to think of her as the mondo coolio girl she's supposed to be when her favorite toys were gnomekop and supermoose.
>>
>>80791713
Yeah, though I suppose she wasn't really intended to fill the radical kid role, just had some of the mannerisms. Could be worse, as we saw with Paco.
>>
>those live action interviews after the credits

this show fucking ruled
>>
>>80790638
I think mine were the fact that Valmont's life was shittier each time you saw him after he wasn't the main villain anymore, and:

>"Jackie, make Coffee!"
>"Coffee is only thing keeping Unlce's ancient heart beating! You want dead Uncle!?" MAKE COFFEE!!!"
>>
>>80792133
uncle is just the best character. a huge pile of catchphrases, speaks in the third person, doesnt even have a name. he's up there with scrooge mcduck in my book
>>
>>80790486
ONE MORE THING
>>
>>80792577
This, Uncle made the show
>>
>>80792611
Magic must defeat Magic
>>
Amazing show for the first three seasons. Four was okay, five was kinda meh.

I think there was only five, anyway... four was the Shdaowkhan masks and five was Shendu's son as the main villain, right?
>>
>>80792709
Yep. I actually really liked season four, the Masks and different Shadowkhan were pretty cool. I also liked that Tohru was a bit more important in it.
>>
>>80792577
>Uncle is apparently really old
>Episode about the future
>STILL ALIVE
>>
>>80792755

Then yeah, I'd say it peaked with season three. Still a great show.

>Jackie runs along the top of a train as it careens over a cliff
>he jumps and lands safely
Ratso: No way he's human.
>>
File: Tarakudo.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Tarakudo.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
>>80792755
I think I was starting to get burned out by the show by then. The masks were a cool idea, but I just didn't care too much about the episodes.

Tarakudo was cool though
>>
>>80792816
GINSENG AND PICKLED PLUM
actually i guess maybe he wasnt that old to begin with, just crotchety. like abe vigoda. asians seem to do that a lot, they age just fucking suddenly but continue living forever
>>
File: hakfoo.png (221 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
hakfoo.png
221 KB, 500x389
MONKEY PLUCKS TWO PEACHES
>>
>handi-capable
Uncle's wisdom changed my life
>>
>>80790486
I thought it was baller as shit. Jackie Chan had become my hero at the time so it was kickass.

My only disappointment was that they didn't have more Jackie singing. Like, actual Jackie Chan singing.

Oh, and the final season was a bit of a wash but I loved the Twelve Talismans, the Eight Demons, and the nine Oni masks.

Those first seasons were fucking cash money.

>>80790638
Mine was still: "WHAT'S THE MOOSE'S NAME? HIS NAME?! YOU CAN'T NAME HIM CAN YOU? THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE EVIL! EVIL!"
>>
>>80793711
THANK YOU FOR SHARING, ANGRY CROW
>>
>>80793830
Captain Black's journey from obstructive bureaucrat to straightman to magic advocate was fucking priceless
>>80792133
unfortunately valmont got kinda worse over time. obviously the voice change didnt help
>>
>>80792916
Ah, yeah, fuck, there was a lot of great stuff in it.

>Jackie checking out the Snake Talisman on display in New York
>Bumps into Ratso
Ratso: "CHAN!"
Jackie:"AND YOU-! Uh. Darkhand guy!"
>>
My brother hated Jade. He's so stupid
>>
>>80793955
even for a kid appeal character, Jade honestly had her good moments if you ask me.

>>80793890
>>80792133
God, I felt bad for Valmount towards the end, also, yes, Captain Black's shift in belief was hilarious.

>that scene where he was doing the Rorschach test.
>"Socks... Worn by a really big demon"

Priceless.
>>
>>80793994
i think the writers weren't quite on the same page as to whether she was supposed to be a kid appeal character, a parody of a kid appeal character, effective, ineffective.. are you supposed to agree with her harebrained schemes or not.. it's tough to balance.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.