[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you guys know this? http://channelawesome.com/was-the-m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 273x184
Did you guys know this?

http://channelawesome.com/was-the-mask-supposed-to-be-gory/
>>
>>80786959
>Channel Awesome

I'll give it a hard pass, thanks.
>>
We had a storytime like a week ago and many times before so yes, we've known for a while now.

It helps that this is a board specifically for comics and cartoons.
>>
>>80787021

The joke
-------------
your head

Wait until he gets into MIB though
>>
>>80786959
the extent to which doug looks down on his audience is getting ridiculous, but what really bugs me is what a fucking pussy he's become. Every review now is HOLY SHIT THEY GOT AWAY WITH THIS OH MY GOD SLIGHT BLOOD or FFF people were such sexist homophobic pigs in (era) it's so creepy how that teenage girl is dressed sexy
i realize his testosterone must be dropping like skell fuel in flight with a G-buster equipped, but that shouldnt actually turn him physically into a soccer mom
>>
>>80787368
It's like he's trying to be clickbait but got it backwards, putting the overreaction in the body of the content instead of the title.
>>
>>80787368

The fact that he's pretending nobody knows how the mask comic was http://www.cracked.com/article_20598_6-ridiculous-kid-friendly-adaptations-r-rated-material_p2.html -- 800,000 views; http://www.cracked.com/article_15665_the-7-least-faithful-comic-book-movies.html -- 850,000 views) shows that he probably never read a comic in his life. If he ever reviews Watchmen, I'm sure he'll read the comic and then go on 3 days later to say how it is the greatest comic ever written...because people say so.

This man knows nothing. He thinks people love Fury Road more than the other Mad Max movies is because it's "just like a Road Runner cartoon". This man is a charlatan. And until he goes back to his schtick of bad 80's/90's movies, he'll never be great as he once may have been.
>>
>>80787120
>joke
Considering we have people who unironically browse tvtropes and reddit who post here, it's easy to think otherwise
>>
>>80786959
for what is worth at least DOug give the comic some attention to people who otherwise have no idea of the original comic, thoug i agree with this guy
>>80787368
sounds like he is talking to kids at times
Also i didn't like how he look down the Mask spinoffs when Lobo/Mask is easily one of the best books the characters has even been part of.
>>
File: giphy-2.gif (409 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy-2.gif
409 KB, 500x281
>>80787919

Y-yeah...who...who would d-dare b-browse tv tropes...or set it as their homepage...
>>
>>80788647
it used to be good. just like wikipedia used to be good. it's okay if you still use it as a source of information
>>
Yeah, New Line wanted ot to be their replacement for Nightmare on Elm Street.
>>
>>80789071

Wasn't Trooper Tales /b/?

Wikipedia at least links to other sources. TVtropes links to Wikipedia.
>>
>>80786959
Well, I don't care if they wanted to be faithful. I love the movie the way it came out.
>>
>>80789225
>Wasn't Trooper Tales /b/?
This troper ships that fan theory hard ;3.
>>
>>80789225

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZPXRZgZeU&index=4&list=PL65885E08173B69BB

more like fan fiction + r9k with a sprinkle of /b/
>>
>>80787919
>ironically browsing a site ever

Why?
>>
>>80789225
I miss Troper Tales almost as much as I miss This Troper.
>>
Say what you want about TV Tropes, but when you're done work at 11:30 and need something to do until quarter of 5, its a godsend.
>>
>>80786991
This, they're all autistically bad. Especially Linkara.
>HMMMMM?
>Linkara, are you a poopy puffer?
>YEPPEROO
>>
>>80789725
used to be. now it's like, try reading more than 5 articles before hitting something infuriatingly fucked up like some kind of asinine complaint about something being unPC or 'squick' because ohnoes underage

kinda like how SCP used to be fun as fuck to read when it was a structured-form twilightzoney writing exercise, but now every goddamn article is full of xe and ze pronouns, common era, and a bunch of other shit that (among other things) makes it insta-dated instead of having a timeless 'old lab records' feel
>>
>>80790444

Hm, hasn't happened to me yet.

I like reading articles that are "what ifs". Like the What Could Have Beens, the Vaporwares, stuff like that.

And seeing how long it takes for some show pages to update.
>>
They should change the name of that site to Channel Autism to better reflect it's fanbase.
>>
>>80786959

>slight red on the page as Walter gently cuts himself with a switchblade
>BLOOD AND GORE!

Is... is Doug retarded?
>>
>>80790592
he's just old as fuck
>>80790504
basically this. when it comes to trivia, tvtropes is great. and you dont have to worry 'oh no some faggot thought this trivia section wasn't wikiworthy' shit gets included if anyone thought it was neat. if there's ever a moment where you go 'oh that was a SINGULAR moment holy shit' you can bet someone added it to the tvtropes page. that much it has right. like that bit in mystery of the batwoman where the guy batman beat up previously sees him and just closes the door and says he didnt see nothin.
>>
>>80790592
My favorite was "you couldn't do that when this movie was made" and I'm like... uhhh Robocop anyone? Yes you could. It would just have been rated R. Mask was pg-13 and they decided to put most of that into overt-almost-to-the-point-of-being-crass sexiness
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.