[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5
File: 1455730470595.jpg (36 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1455730470595.jpg
36 KB, 600x338
Scott Snyder confirmed that he's not writing a bi-weekly book for Rebirth because he has too much plate with his mentorship program for DC. That means no Detective Comics and no Justice League.

That was Rich's BIGGEST Rebirth rumor and the one he was most certain about. It casts serious doubt on pretty much all of his predictions at this point.

I would guess that Snyder might be writing Trinity though. It's a high-profile title and its once per month.
>>
Rich floats everything he hears instead of verifying what is actually true or not. General ideas are sometimes true but specifics are not trustworthy. He does shit like posting fake solicits someone on a message board made up in all this frenzy. That he isn't a truly reliable source isn't news at all.

But yeah, Snyder on Trinity would make sense. He's said he wants to write WW before.
>>
I want to know whether or not the Humphries being exclusive rumor is true or not
>>
Using educated guesses my predictions for Rebirth teams:

Batman: Tom King and Tim Seeley
Batgirl & Birds of Prey: Fletcher without Cam Stew or Babs Tarr. Maybe with Annie Wu drawing.
Gotham Academy: Same team with Brittney Williams instead of Kerschl
Deathstroke: Steve Orlando
Detective Comics starring Batwoman: Tynion
Green Lanterns: Tom Taylor
Nightwing: Seeley (No King)
Superman: Tomasi writing and Gleason as one of the artists.
>>
>>80786229
>Snyder can't do a double shipper
>Johns probably can't do a double shipper

>meanwhile over at marvel they have five guys writing like 20 of their books

I wonder who is on JL then if Snyder and Johns aren't.
King?
>>
>>80786431
King almost seems like too much to hope for
>>
>>80786426
Seeley's not co-writing for now.
>>
>>80786540
He say something on twitter?
>>
>>80786512
Everybody seems to want King on Batman, GL or JL

if only he could work on three double shipping books simultaneously
>>
>>80786569
Yep, he said it on twitter.
>>
>>80786666
Ah. Yeah, I'm sticking with my prediction that he's sticking it out for Nightwing. I'll be pretty surprised if he's not on it.
>>
>>80786426
>Green Lanterns: Tom Taylor
Fuck off. Unless it's Guy, maybe he could pull off Guy well and a comedic book.
>>
>>80786666
Did he say he isn't or that he doesn't want to?
>>
>>80786229
>That was Rich's BIGGEST Rebirth rumor and the one he was most certain about. It casts serious doubt on pretty much all of his predictions at this point.
where cann i read these rumors/predictions?
>>
>>80786793
He said he isn't looking to co-write with someone for some time now. Maybe he thinks that he's moved to the second spot as the series progressed.
>>
>>80786889
It kinda does feel like people praise King about the good things and shit on Seeley for the things they don't like so I can't say I blame him
>>
>>80786426
>Green Lanterns
>Venditti
>>
>>80786889
>people praise Seeley for everything in Grayson
>BAM OMEGA MEN
>people start praising King for everything

If he is writing Nightwing I'm curious as to how badly it gets ignored since King isn't on it
>>
>>80786951
>Tom Taylor on Green Lanterns
>Venditti on Hal Jordan & the GLC
It's gonna be those two, I feel it in my bones
>>
>>80786968
Dick will sell no matter who is writing him
>>
>>80787003
Nightwing sales disprove that theory.
>>
>>80786889
>>80786909
>>80786968
Honestly Seeley is nothing special as writer. I mean it's standard cape fare people tolerate as long as the guy in question doesn't do something drastic to a "beloved" character (then he moves to the Worst of All Time pantheon)
>>
>>80787003
Yes, but Grayson has gotten quite a bit of attention and half of it seems to be because King is on it and he's just the new writer that everybody wants to watch to see how he does
Same with King's other books tbqh. Sheriff is the only Vertigo book people seem to be talking about whenever I see the new Vertigo books mentioned
>>
>>80786968
It's a Nightwing title. It will be ignored regardless of who is on it. Reviewers aren't going to bother heaping praise on a Nightwing title. It's going to get average to pretty good reviews and will sell okay like always.
>>
>>80787081
Average Nightwing sold better than well written Grayson mate, never underestimate the value of the nostalgia dollar.
>>
>>80787081
Most recent Nightwing volume sold well though (30-40k the whole lifetime) and the trades seem to do ok via Bookscan (4-8k a yeah), what do you mean?

>>80787265
Grayson was also a dollar more so about comparable dosh in DC's pocket.

>>80787160
Nah I got that sentiment but even if the book doesn't get that sort of online hype, Nightwing would still do well financially. No one wants to talk about Batman Jr and his irrelevant adventures though.
>>
>>80787143
Nigger shut your ass up. Seeley wrote the bit with the bipedal Orca. Seeley brought the Wildstorm/Crazy shit. We lose him and we're losing half of what made the series great.
>>
Johns and Fabok on the Super-Man, Lex Luthor ongoing picking up where JL left off.

no idea who they could grab for Justice League. Might be a big name surprise they're waiting to pull out of their ass, an unexpected move
>>
Blue Beetle has to be Johns otherwise it'd get easily drowned out
>>
Justice League needs a big name writer. So far all their big writers are:
Tom King
Tim Seeley
Geoff Johns
Scott Snyder
Steve Orlando
>>
>>80788081
King, Seeley and Orlando aren't big names yet

King is on his way, having several critically acclaimed books and getting his exclusive announced is certainly helping

Seeley is fairly prolific but he's not a huge name

Orlando isn't a big name at all
>>
what if they offered hickman something he wanted very much that he couldn't refuse their offer? I mean he's no longer marvel exclusive...
>>
>>80788047
I'm curious as to how badly that'll happen.

Clearly Ted is gonna be in it so that'll get some attention, but if it's a more lighthearted book then it will stand out a bit more when there's only GA and presumably Supergirl, Batgirl, and BoP.
The sales will still suck of course with two issues of Batman and Harley hogging the shelves each month, but it probably won't be like ANAD where it gets totally lost among fans among 70+ titles.
>>
>>80788123
by big i meant critically acclaimed

otherwise they would have nobody big but johns and snyder
>>
>>80786426
Suicide Squad: Rob Williams and Jim Lee (I think newsarama ran an article on this)
>>
>>80788172
I did really like his martian manhunter but Seeley's past two issues or so of NSS made me think he would get it. it's got great art and decent story
>>
>>80788144
He has a LoSH pitch ready apparently
>>
File: 01.jpg (985 KB, 1193x1834) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
985 KB, 1193x1834
>>80788205
Rob's Martian Manhunter*
>>
>>80788225
What's the problem?
>>
I like Rob Williams more than Seeley and Orlando, both of whom are more action oriented. Meanwhile, Seeley seems to be more character oriented and a big ideas guy, which is a perfect fit for a book like SS.
I also like his Martian Manhunter better than Midnighter and NSS.
>>
>>80788244
I think I misworded my post?
>>
>>80788207
I would read that but there's no LOSH ongoing listed (yet)

I think if they did offer him a current book it would be something like superman or justice league
>>
>>80788332
*Rob, not Seeley
>>
>>80786229
wouldn't be surprised if Snyder or Tynion gets BoP, since I imagine that is the book Harper Row will be on. Those two basically co-created her, I can't imagine they wouldn't want the chance to write her full time as a consistent character
>>
surprised the only dark book they're pushing is constantine. say what you will about the new 52, but i loved the renewed focus on deadman, swamp thing, animal man and zatanna. frankenstein too
>>
>>80787654
I agree with you, Seeley broought the crazy stuff and the fun, King has the spy knowhow and good writing. I like king, but his stuff is more "dry".
>>
>>80787654
Yeah this. I have a boner for King as much as anybody, but Seeley contributed a lot to the fun tone and unpredictable nature of Grayson. Having Dick go up against Midnighter was genius, Seeley is the reason Middy and other assorted Wildstorm characters are back on the map (and enjoyable again) at all. He also did a ton of the Helena and St Hadrian stuff and wrote a really fun Superman too.

King and Seeley have different sensibilities as writers, but Grayson really was their shared brainchild, which is why it's such a shame it had to end already.
>>
Don't forget that Johns said Tynion was doing something with Batwoman. That sounds like he's probably on Tec to me.

>>80788369
Well almost any Superbook could work as setup for them so you never know. Seems like we would have heard if he was coming to DC by now though.
>>
Who do you think dc will put on Red Hood and the Outlaws rebirth?

>inb4 Lobdell
>>
>>80788433
They can't take any risks right away given how bad the sales have gotten. Weird stuff probably starts in a few months after they have to move some books like Cyborg and Aquaman to monthly (those are going to be huge flops unless Johns is on them).
>>
>>80788510
Lodbell and Venditti as co-writers
Art by Greg Land
>>
>>80788493
>Well almost any Superbook could work as setup for them so you never know. Seems like we would have heard if he was coming to DC by now though.
S U R P R I S E M O V E
>>
>>80788510
It should continue to function as Lobdell containment

is RHATO double shipping?
>>
>>80788553
Aquaman won't get cancelled. He has had a stable readers base since n52.
>>
>>80788430
I don't think even Snyder and Tynion love Harper Row so much they decide what to work on based on that. I know BRE is all the way up Harper's ass but I think those two are ready to move on.
>>
>>80788565
not the anon you replied to, but I need a decent Arsenal, not a Lobdell Arsenal
>>
File: SMWW-Cv27-ds-8b070.jpg (392 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
SMWW-Cv27-ds-8b070.jpg
392 KB, 900x1384
So think we'll get line wide character redesigns?
We know for a fact Capullo designed Bruce's post so it'd be nice to get rid of all those Lee designs and fix up some others.

I hope these are the Rebirth designs for Supes and Wondy because they don't seem to be featured anywhere else

>>80788588
To me it seemed Snyder got over her pretty quick and latched back on to DUke
>>
>>80788510
Jason is Lobdell containment
The true question is who is on the team with Jason.
Starfire and Roy are probably going to Titans.

>>80788565
No it's just monthly
>>
>>80788470
>>80788491

Yeah between bringing back the Morrison stuff, including the Wildstorm aspects, and giving us the Grayson; Fury Road issue it just won't be the same if he's not around for Rebirth.
>>
>>80788601
I'm willing to throw Roy under the bus to keep Lobdell off other stuff, sorry anon
>>
>>80788601
>>80788619
Roy's most likely in Titans
>>
>>80788610
>So think we'll get line wide character redesigns?
Yes, most likely

lots of artists on twitter have been talking about doing character designs
>>
>>80788510
>Jason
>Joker's Daughter
>Tim
>???

Who else should be on the team?
>>
File: meow.jpg (25 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
meow.jpg
25 KB, 382x417
>>80788644
Because people LOVED the last batch of redesigns.
>>
Why you guys are so cruel? I want better writer for Jason.
>>
Red underwear?
>>
>>80788667
This time round they don't seem to have gotten all done by Jim "shiny line armour" Lee
>>
>>80788667
exactly, they need to get rid of the last batch
>>
>>80788698
I'm talking about the DCYou redesigns

Finch's edgy Wonder Woman, Booth's Flash looking like the show right when the show changed their design, Hobo Hal...
>>
>>80788736
they already got rid of every new design except hobo Hal and even he got a hair cut
>>
>>80788736
Yeah but this time they'll be way more conservative because they wanna go hard on jerking off nostalgiafags
>>
>>80788785
Green Arrow stuck around as well
Also
>no solicits tonight
Whyyyyyyyy
>>
>>80788736
Those were made to be intentionally temporary for those arcs. They told artists to whip something up on the fly.
>>
>>80788822
>Whyyyyyyyy
because they wanna surprise everybody on the 26th
>>
>>80788785
>>80788826
Yeah but people still hated all of them
>>
>>80788822
>>80788843
Even Marvel's weren't today when they would be, it's probably next week for most companies and DC's a few days after
>>
>>80788653
Midnighter.
>>
>>80788911
>Jason taking another one of Dick's things

Not today, DC.
>>
>>80788893
This is a five week month so Marvel's will be next week

DC's putting out a separate Previews, so if their solicits aren't delayed there's going to be a whole lot of TBA on there
>>
File: 1456202629670.png (161 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1456202629670.png
161 KB, 340x340
>>80788911
>Midnighter written by Lobdell
Please no.
>>
>>80786978
I will kill myself. I want vendetti to walk into a volcano
>>
>>80788510
Is Winnick busy these days?
>>
>>80788510
Someone good hopefully.
>>
>>80789018
>Winnick

You know you're a shitty character when this is the best you're able to do.
>>
>>80788911
Kill yourself
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.