[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Perhaps in an attempt to avoid too much undue religious controversy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: gammasquadpreacher2.jpg (160 KB, 650x390) Image search: [Google]
gammasquadpreacher2.jpg
160 KB, 650x390
>Perhaps in an attempt to avoid too much undue religious controversy, the Preacher TV show re-imagines Genesis as an alien presence, and Jesse isn’t the first preacher its tried to possess.

God damn it.
>>
>>80776067
>Preacher with no swears
Whooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaares
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 829x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 829x780
>>80776067
Shit, and I hoped that they would adapt the original ending. How stupid I was. At this point they'd just better stop claiming that this show is a comicbook adaptation.
>>
>>80776067
How do you miss the point of Preacher this hard
>>
File: CARLOS.jpg (6 KB, 153x193) Image search: [Google]
CARLOS.jpg
6 KB, 153x193
This was doomed since the beginning of Creation
>>
>>80776067
How is this even a Preacher adaptation anymore? Seriously how do you go from angels to aliens?
>>
>>80776237
They're the same thing, bro. Think about it.
>>
File: ancient.jpg (132 KB, 484x484) Image search: [Google]
ancient.jpg
132 KB, 484x484
>>80776267
>>
>>80776067
i can picture them doing that, but.. the religious controversy is what preachers is made out of.

no asshole god, then its not preacher.
>>
>>80776067
>Perhaps in an attempt to avoid too much undue religious controversy

I've never read Preacher, but from what I've heard about it the best way to avoid religious controversy with it is to not adapt it at all.
>>
>>80776330
That would have been the smart approach
>>
>>80776067
Welcome to America where you have the guaranteed right to say what you want as long ass a bunch of butthurt cultists don't take offence.
>>
>>80776067
>>Perhaps in an attempt to avoid too much undue religious controversy

Then why the fuck try to adapt FUCKING PREACHER?
>>
>>80776483
Offense
>>
>>80776067

For fuck's sake, it's Christian controversy so it's not like anyone would even get killed.
>>
>>80776710
You don't know what American Christians are like...
>>
>>80776737
F
You mean christfags who talk shit on Facebook about big bad Obama 3 years ago. Fuck off the dead like worshipers have no power and no balls.
>>
>>80776737
The only Christians left that are murderous are the Abortion Clinic Bombers.
>>80776830
Yes... having the balls to murder people over politics Is in any way a good or admirable thing.
>>
>>80776067
Link?
>>
>>80776912
>murder people over politics
But that's what our foreign policy has always been about.
>>
>>80776067
This is full of shit. You're talking about the scene where Genesis possesses multiple preachers and kills them all.

One of them will be Tom Cruise, and it'll look like Genesis is a "creature from outer space" killing him, because it's a joke about Scientology. You know, religious controversy joke? No? Gonna just sit there and be offended about how easily offended people are ruining the world? No problem.
>>
>>80776960

Thank you, anon.
>>
>>80776930
Here's the link:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/preacher-pilot-a-list-cameo/
>>
>>80776960
So there's no aliens.
>>
>>80777031
In real life? I dunno
In Preacher? I dunno, I haven't read to the end, there could be an AI-style twist
In the show? Probably not.
>>
>>80777070
>In the show? Probably not.
How do you know?
>>
>>80777104
Because that'd be stupid and there's no indication that's what they're doing outside of autist rage.
>>
>>80776067
There is absolutely no point in watching this show.
>>
>>80776960
>Tom Cruise
>Making fun of Scientology
>>
So it's gonna be as bad as Lucifer basically.
>>
>>80777183
>I'd rather believe sourceless outrage than an actual report I could find in this thread or in the other Preacher thread

Never change, /co/.
>>
>>80776960
>Tom Cruise

Nice get.
>>
>>80776942
No, Korea/Vietnam/Dessert Storm was about defending our allies that have been attacked.
That is very little to do with politics, if you see your sister bring raped and beaten your going to fuck up the guy doing it regardless of their race or whatever.
>>
>>80777565
Desert Storm was about protecting assets and Vietnam was an ideological war you started to reinforce your mentality and try to spread it further, and you failed at that. Spectacularly.
>>
>>80777811
Yes well... the opposing ideology with Veitnam would enslave or mass murder innocent people that only wish to be free.
So enforcing a mentality that DOES NOT involve mass murder and enslavement of civilians is perfectly fine.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.