[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do your parents feel about your cartoon-watching, comic-reading,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: 1435638648441.jpg (84 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
1435638648441.jpg
84 KB, 640x625
How do your parents feel about your cartoon-watching, comic-reading, lifestyle?
>>
>>80773738
They're not quite aware of how much I enjoy them.
>>
>>80773738
They just think I'm weird, but they guess that's just how it is.
>>
They're on the spectrum and I doubt they care as much as me being a failure throughout the rest of my life.
>>
Well, let's see. All the cartoons I watch, I watch in the privacy of my own room. My younger brother knows that I watch the occassional old cartoon, and he knows I read a lot of comics.

My dad knows I read comics, and doesn't care, because that old fossil grew up reading the original Superman, Batman, and Captain Marvel comics back in the thirties and forties.

And my mom has been dead for five years. Not like she'd care even if she wasn't. I think that about covers it.
>>
They bought me a train ticket to New York city so I can attend a convention for a cartoon show.

(But its a cartoon we cannot mention here, so I'll leave it at that).
>>
My parents saw Inside-Out and The Peanuts Movie before me.

I think they're disappointed in me not because of my hobbies but because I went to college, earned my degree, and still ended up working retail.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 1200x900
>>80773836
>(But its a cartoon we cannot mention here, so I'll leave it at that).
Your parents are filthy enablers
>>
>>80773738
My mom thinks I'm playing video games when, jokes on her, I'm watching cartoons

unless playing video games is just a codeword for jacking off
in which case, she's right
>>
File: 1454700063193.jpg (4 KB, 144x155) Image search: [Google]
1454700063193.jpg
4 KB, 144x155
>>80773836
>going to brony cons
>ever
>>
My Mom doesn't care, she's happy with whatever makes me happy, so long as I don't waste my life away doing it. I put most my money I earn into the house so she usually encourages me to spend some money on myself and buy a comic or two. Dad died before I got into them but he would probably hold the same opinion.
She does wish I'd draw more seriously instead of doodling cartoon shit but I don't ever plan on pursuing it so eh
>>
>>80773806
That's sad senpai
>>
>>80774104
What is?
>>
>>80773738
Eh, they like cartoons.
>>
I have a black family, so as you'd imagine, they absolutely hate the idea of me doing anything not productive

I'm white
>>
>>80773738
Dude, my dad collected Spider-man comics in his youth.
>>
File: 1336699043537.jpg (178 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
1336699043537.jpg
178 KB, 500x900
>>80773738
My mother knows I like comics but that's it.

She has now idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>
File: my-parents-are-dead_fb_867109.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
my-parents-are-dead_fb_867109.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>80773738
>>
>>80773738
My dad turned into a NEET after 30 years of working fucked his knees. He spends his days reading his old 80s marvel and watching animu.
>>
My dad started watching Bobs burgers on Netflix.

The idea of my dad watching a cartoon is so weird.
>>
File: 1388120384365.png (24 KB, 203x162) Image search: [Google]
1388120384365.png
24 KB, 203x162
I'm in school and employed as a mover, I work out hard and have a powerful body, and I've had relationships with sexy women

So they don't mind anything I do
>>
They are ok with it. But that's probably cause I make 130k+ a year and volunteer with my ymca as a hockey coach. So productive member of society.
>>
>>80773738
They are no doubt disappointed in my not having yet finished college and being a friendless, useless NEET that clearly takes refuge in sitting for hours in front of his computer.

I've long ago come to terms with my being a complete loser and my life having hit a plateau when I finished high school anyway. Some people's highest aspirations just amount to wishing their inevitable death be swift and early.
>>
"I don't know how you could find that Robin Hood movie so arousing!"
>>
>>80773738
The generation growing up now won't give a shit if their adult children watch comics and read cartoons or not.
>>
>>80774934
The generation growing up right now won't want to have children in the first place, anon.
>>
>>80773738
They don't care that I read comics. Hell, my dad read comics when he was my age. Almost makes me wish he'd kept the Spiderman and Fantastic Four comics.
>>
>>80773870
College is a joke these days.
>>
>>80774934
Ah, but it will now go full circle and the next gen will hate those things and culture will go full circle and nerds will be 80s nerds again.
>>
>>80773738
My father is a hardcore wakfu fan. I should never have shown him that cartoon.
I have a 65yo man telling me that Eva is best girl every day. I'm quite certain he's enjoying seeing me cringe.
>>
>>80773738
My parents hate more the fact that I don't have a job and invest every money they give me in comics than the sole fact that I like those comics.
>>
My dad's into comics too, but nothing from the Big 2. My mother tolerates the both of us with a long-suffering smile.

Their anxiety over my wizardly nature has steadily increased over the years, though. They're rather unsubtly trying to point me in the direction of my sister-in-law's divorced friend.
>>
>>80773738
I doubt they give a shit. They are a bit worried about the fact that I want to work as a comic artist, though.
>>
>"what's that? Samurai jack? It doesn't make sense and it's ugly. Like all your other shows"
>"I don't even understand what's happening. Star Wars makes no sense at all"
>"don't you think you're too old for this?"
>>
File: qotd.jpg (41 KB, 274x400) Image search: [Google]
qotd.jpg
41 KB, 274x400
>>80773738
My dad was a way, way, way bigger comic nerd than me.

My mom only reads Ann Rice comics. When Innovation stopped publishing them, she stopped reading.
>>
>>80773738
I don't think they care about my naked anime figures so I can't imagine they'd be upset about comic books. Occasionally, my dad will talk to me about watching Batman '66 reruns or seeing Star Wars in the theaters when he was a kid. I imagine I could have fleshlights and hentai laying around and they wouldn't mind as long as I wasn't flunking out of school.
>>
>>80773738
They don't know, simple as that.
>>
>>80774321
What?
>>
My mom took me to comic shops when I was a kid and still does occasionally, and she has always supported my interests no matter what. My dad couldn't really care either way, although he does enjoy the MCU. My mom also went to see MoS at midnight with me and my brothers and we're going to do the same for BvS.
>>
>>80773836
They were hoping you wouldn't make it back on your own.
>>
They're quickly realizing that my potential is doomed to be eternally undercut by my lack of work ethic and attention span.

As for the whole children's cartoon thing, they think it's kinda funny but not really that weird. I still end up being kinda embarrassed and cagey when talking about it though.
>>
>>80776678
Is she cute?
>>
>>80773738
Considering they were the same way when they were my age, they encourage it.
>>
File: 1452300801197.png (70 KB, 282x318) Image search: [Google]
1452300801197.png
70 KB, 282x318
My dad loves Beavis and Butthead, South Park, and some older cartoons (like tom and jerry, looney toons), so he's more than okay with it.
My mom loves BONE, Grim Adventures and Foster's Home, along with all the cartoons she watched growing up back in the seventies and eighties. She doesn't like Ed, Edd 'n Eddy though.
So I guess they're pretty alright with it, I'd say.
The funny thing is, my other relatives thought they "enabled" me too much, and were rotting my brain because we watched cartoons together.
>>
>>80779358
That sounds to me like you had great quality time with your parents as a kid.
>>
I inherited my dads comic books. That should indicate something.
>>
I only read comics on wednesde, and I do it on my pc, so, it is a non issue for my wife.
Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because it is comics day, and the famitsu/mediacreate statistics of vidoegame sales in Japan are also released that day. I also follow them.
And in my country the most important tv political shows are wednesday night (I only use the tv for news channels)

If I could I would work on saturdays or sundays in order to not work on wednesday.
>>
>>80773738
>lifestyle
>>
is it wrong if I consider x men comics not as a comic book, but as one of those british soap operas that last decades? because to be sincere, that is the only reason I continue reading comics, I am hooked to them like a housewife who never misses an episode of a soap opera.
>>
>>80773738
For starters, I don't make it a lifestyle.

Second of all, comics, cartoons, video games, my parents don't care as long as they know I'm handling my responsibilities as an adult.

In fact, a lot of people don't care as long as you do that.
>>
>>80773738
>Willis.jpg
>>
>>80780252
That your dad is nerd?
>>
My kids love that I watch cartoons with them

What, you guys still live with your parents?
>>
>>80773738

After watching the news they are right beside me.
>>
>>80774321
He was raised by negroes.
>>
>>80773761
This.
>>
>>80782784
Meant for
>>80777437
>>
They don't like it, but since they lost their home and I brought them to live in mine, rent free, they don't say shit, sometimes I look at my dad just silently shaking his head when im watching cartoons on the TV, but he wont say a thing.
>>
>>My Dad is pic related.

He loves it!
>>
>>80773738
They don't know.
It will always be my naughty pleasure.
>>
>>80773738
Yeah, my deceased gran usually gives me a similar look when i'm jacking at her
>>
>>80773738
If they have nothing else to do than watch me jack off it's their own fault
>>
File: 1446102477173.jpg (82 KB, 447x628) Image search: [Google]
1446102477173.jpg
82 KB, 447x628
When they found out I'd been spending my disposable income on superhero comics, they talked about how much they liked Superman and the old Adam West Batman show.

Lately, they also asked me if I had any of the Walking Dead comics. I did.

They're not big on comics, but they love superheroes. They also like the Simpsons, Spongebob and Futurama, and my mother loves Disney films.

At least they don't know about my anime hobby.
>>
>>80786490
>Here anon, one of the kids at the store recommended me this anime! Lets watch Boku no Piko together!
>>
>>80779016

Yeah, actually. She's fairly attractive.

Apparently that's enough for them despite the fact that I've met her once and live in a *different city*.
>>
>>80774677
I wish I had your dad. Hell, I wish I had a dad who gave a damn.
>>
I'm quite sure my mom is extremely disappointed in me for wasting my potential and becoming a slacker who works a temp job and only gets about 30 hours a week. She's never really said anything about my lifestyle due to the many problems I had as a child in both school-life and personal, but I just know she sees me as a failure.
>>
>>80776242
I like your dad. He should be on here and not you
>>
>>80774805
> super buff guy at gym
> women watching him giggling
> one walks up
> "Hey anon, do you have the time?"
> "It's ADVENTURE TIME"
>>
My mom is too FOB to really care. As long as I'm still going to school or working, she's fine with me having no gf and spending all day playing games.

My dad on the other was raised in the West, so occasionally he'll joke about how I'm still watching cartoons or playing Digimon at my age. Fuck you Dad, fun things are fun and Cyber Sleuth is rated T, it's not for kids.
>>
>>80774988
This. We are going to thin out the population pretty badly by spending our time jerking off to Samurai Jack alone in our rooms way into our 30's both male and females of this generation.

I'm so happy to be a part of it. I love lack of pressure to become an adult. I go on community service trips and can feed myself so my parents don't care if I ever become an adult.
>>
>>80773738
Parents like comic movies and cartoon movies are just fine most of the time and enjoy them every now and again. Dad thinks reading comics is a waste of time, though I never tried to convince him of anything nor does he really care.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.