[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what comics (specific or from a certain era) would you give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
So what comics (specific or from a certain era) would you give a little kid to introduce them to your favorite character?
>>
>>80773658
Crossed, so they can learn the majesty of Horsecock
>>
>>80773658
Marvel adventures Spidey
Spider-man loves Mary-Jane
Then I'd ask him who's best for Spidey
>>
Tiny Titans. It's innocent, features a lot of DC material and it's actually fun to read.
>>
GLTAS had some tie in comics, probably those
>>
>>80774539
Fuck, I literally wanted to say that too.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 282x178) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 282x178
I gave my stepdaughter my copy of Seed of Destruction after we watched the first movie, feel in love with Hellboy and is going through the other paperbacks.

She has expressed interest in WonderWoman, Azzarello's run should be enough to leave her hooked.
>>
>>80777740

>Azzarello's run should be enough to leave her hooked.

Can't argue with that.
>>
>>80777740
I love azzarellos run on ww. One of my favorite comic runs ever. I don't think a kid will appreciate it as much tho. It's very intricate and game of thrones-y. Plus that whole amazons raping pirates thing.
>>
Bomb Queen or Spiderverse, because
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9DH0_b3F1c
>>
>>80773658
Honestly the best way would be to introduce them using the old cartoons such as BTAS or Xmen.

If I had to choose a batman comic for a kid to read I would probably choose Matt wagners batman books. They are simple and not too mature.
>>
>DC
Superman Family Adventures
>Marvel
Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four
>Indie
Usagi Yojimbo (probably one of the Dark Horse trades, as Sakai didn't quite perfect his art style for a while)
Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck
>>
Superman adventures, Gotham adventures and Batman adventures
I grew up on those.
>>
>>80773658
Watchmen, cause I read somewhere it's the best comic ever.
>>
File: spiderman23[1].gif (220 KB, 432x656) Image search: [Google]
spiderman23[1].gif
220 KB, 432x656
Ditko era Spiderman
I loved that shit when I was a kid
>>
>>80779735
I didn't have access to that as a kid, but I did have "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" wich was meant to take place in between those issues, and I loved it. Would gladly pass on.
>>
Asterix
Carl Barks Don Rosa duck comics
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.