[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03 /14/what-if-apocalypses-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: blah.jpg (251 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
blah.jpg
251 KB, 600x911
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/14/what-if-apocalypses-new-horsemen-were-rather-unexpected-semi-spoilers/

I'll green text it so you don't have to give him a hit.

>We are about to get a new Apocalypse Wars crossover event from the Marvel X-Men titles. Starting in this week’s Extraordinary X-Men.

>And where there’s an new Apocalypse, there’s a new set of Horsemen. That’s not the spoiler.

>Because someone’s sent me the final page from this week’s issue revealing them all.

>And no, I’m not going to say who they are, that’s a spoiler too far. We’ll save that for Wednesday morning, at least.

>But I am going to say… that only one of them is a mutant. The other three are not.

>I know Axel Alonso likes dismiss the conspiracy theories, but when not even the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are all mutants, you have to wonder.

>At least they aren’t Inhumans though… maybe it’s time to grow up.

>Okay, that is a spoiler.

So what thread did I miss? Because I assume when he says someone emailed him the final page, he means he saw it on 4chan.
>>
>>80766195
who are the new horsemen?
>>
>>80766195
>>maybe it’s time to grow up.
...is this a hint?
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the new Famine is Hazmat?
>>
>>80766330
Maybe Runaways or Power Pack? (Those were kids groups right?)
>>
File: no.png (539 KB, 551x1100) Image search: [Google]
no.png
539 KB, 551x1100
>>80766195
>another crossover
>>
>>80766330
No, it's more of a swipe at Marvel's growing pettiness over the X-Men movie rights and their inability to make the Inhumans stick as mutie scabs
>>
>>80766405
Despite being a "crossover" none of the three arcs have anything to do with each other. The Extraordinary X-men ApocWar arc is about an alt-future Apocalypse. The All-new X-men arc is about Genesis. The Uncanny X-men arc is about Archangel.
>>
>Bleedingcool
>>
>>80766195

how man horsemen were mutants last time? 2? dude needs to stop with the conspiracy theories
>>
>>80766195
One is Deadpool I honestly don't remember the rest.
>>
Jesus fucking christ I am so fucking done with the X-books right now. For years they have been giving us shit plots in the main books, shit writing pretty much everywhere. They keep shitting on my favorite property over and over and over again. The same trite, rehashed, no character development, character assassinating, development regressive, hackneed, cheap, LAZY fucking shit OVER AND OVER. The only damn good that's come out if the line has been Si Spurrier, and we aren't even getting that anymore! When will it fucking end?!?!?

I love the X-Men. They are my number one team. My start and my end when it comes to comics. They deserve a damn sight better than they have been given for years. It's bullshit. It's bullshit and it needs to stop.
>>
>>80766469
In this way it resembles the Fall of the Mutants 'crossover'. It's a time honored tradition.
>>
As long I don't have to watch Inhumans assfuck my favorite characters I'm fine. They get fucked enough by Marvel themselves.
>>
>>80766550
Forgot my trip.

I apologize for not delivering the goods in /co/'s time of need, but I'm way behind on my comics. Lack of meaningful income and all. Sucks.
>>
>>80766556
They will keep getting shit until the movie rights revert and those X-men movies are the only consistent superhero franchise they have so I don't see that happening anytime soon. Gotta say I like those movies better than most of the other Marvel ones though.
>>
>>80766388
And Molly would be the one mutant...and Nico is with A-Force...Victor, Chase, Karolina and Molly..
>>
>>80766195
>Jeff Lemire on a team book

Not even once
>>
>>80766532
But conspiracy theories means clickbait, and clickbait means more money for daddy Avatar.

And yeah, last time was Sentry, Grim Reaper, Daken, and Banshee, so only 2 mutants.
>>
>>80766550
Well, are any female?
>>
>>80766722
I'm trying to remember, but I glanced at the page for a second. I want to say I saw boobs, but can't with confidence. I didn't think it was important, and being behind on comics don't pay too much attention until I can catch up, other than a few things. I don't care if I get spoiled in general though.
>>
>>80766698
>Jeff Lemire on anything that isn't Green Arrow
>>
>>80766432
FOX has filed suit over the non-movie X-men rights

they want more money even though the movies don't affect comic book sales
>>
>>80766626
damn, hope you're doing well scanbro. Long time lurker since asm 700 days.
>>
i had assumed Cyke was one
>>
>>80766906
I hate everything to do with this shit industry and the shit players.
>>
Who cares if thought EXM's Apoc Wars story takes place in the future.
>>
>>80766556
I fucking hear you, anon. I equally pissed. The X-Men deserve better than this. At least any money I would have given to Marvel for monthly issues will end up going toward graphic novels I need to catch up on. I still haven't read ALL of Claremont's run. Now's my chance.
>>
>>80766195
What is this story?
>>
>>80768962
A shitty time travel story featuring Apocalypse just in time for the movie this summer.

All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men have unrelated Apocalypse stories as well focusing on Kid Apocalypse (apparently that's his name now?) and Archangel
>>
>>80769028
Man, is it too soon to call one of the horsemen?

Cuz Im calling Cyclops.
>>
>>80766770
What is Bloodshot?
Is his Wolverine OK?
>>80767007
They're gonna milk HITLERCLOPS IS EVIL AND MISSING cow until it dies.
>>
>>80769028

Wait they're keeping Evan going plus this as well? isn't that great news? Maybe we'll get Genesis afterall
>>
>>80769028
Like the kiddo apocalypse that fantomex cloned in uncanny x-force? Same kid? Or nah?
>>
File: spooky_laugh.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
spooky_laugh.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>one of them is a mutant
>War will be Molly Hayes grown up as a 16 year old girl
>mfw
>>
>>80769144
Same.
>>
>>80766550
Deadpool, or Deadpool 2099?
>>
>>80766195
>>But I am going to say… that only one of them is a mutant. The other three are not.
Cyke and some Inhumans to farther fuck muties over?
>>
>>80769237
he specifically says none are inhumans
>>
>>80769237
Unless he comes now, he'll appear when sales numbers go down. And with X-fags being filthy characterfags they are, it won't happen.
>>
>>80769267
Shame on me for not reading everything, then.
>>
okay so every inhuman is out, and odds are everyone one involved in Civil War II is also out. Who do you think the other three horsemen are?
>>
>>80769346
Lockheed.
Wait, Kitty isn't with X-Men.
>>
>>80769346
Sentry again, Wonder Man somehow, and Dick Rider
>>
File: Peter_Parker_(Earth-10082).jpg (93 KB, 411x632) Image search: [Google]
Peter_Parker_(Earth-10082).jpg
93 KB, 411x632
>>80769346
if there's time travel shit, alt versions of peeps in CWII could be in.

I reckon Spidey's gonna be Pestilence for the third time.
>>
File: 1453397986678.jpg (22 KB, 236x322) Image search: [Google]
1453397986678.jpg
22 KB, 236x322
>>80769364
>OG Nova comes back
It would legit make this worth reading for me
>>
>>80769430
And after it, he appears in Sam's book to tell him he's best Nova in history of Novas.
Then Rich pulls out Ultimate Peter Parker and is never seen again.
>>
>>80769346
>Mania, Hummingbird, Alpha
>revenge of the forgotten teen sidekicks
>>
>>80769461
>three Spider sidekicks
>revenging on muties
>>
File: u-07.jpg (917 KB, 1440x2214) Image search: [Google]
u-07.jpg
917 KB, 1440x2214
>>80769028
>Kid Apocalypse
They seriously call him that?
What was wrong with Genesis?
>>
>>80766432
Yeah I mean I guess some people are liking the new Inhumans stuff but they will never replace the X-Men no matter how much Marvel wants it.

Also who is to say Marvel Studios goes old school Royal Family with the Inhumams and shits all over the stuff Marvel Entertainment is trying to do.
>>
>>80769430
Yeah that is the only thing that will make me read that shit.
>>
>>80769533
In-Story he is referred to as Genesis. Kid Apocalypse is just his designation for solicitations, because Marvel want to tie the book into the Apocalypse War line more clearly.
Hopeless talked about this on CBR last week.
>>
File: Four Horse-Men.jpg (962 KB, 2560x1963) Image search: [Google]
Four Horse-Men.jpg
962 KB, 2560x1963
>>But I am going to say… that only one of them is a mutant. The other three are not.
>>
File: 1375489465738.gif (2 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1375489465738.gif
2 MB, 353x234
>>80766195
>bleeding cool
>article starts with "What if"
>>
>>80770154
So does that mean this thread can stop now?
>>
I'm guessing they might be 'not mutants' like Cloak & Dagger or Deadpool. Is there honestly a lamer title than Horseman of Apocalypse in Marvel comics?
>you are lieutenant to the chief jobber and are tasked with jobbing yourself
Typically they aren't even powerful mutants and go down super easy. It's hilarious that the ultimate mutant supremacist doesn't even use mutants half the time too. How long until they confirm Apocalypse isn't actually a mutant?
>>
>>80766906

[Citation Needed]

Not doubting, but I couldn't find anything on Google
>>
>>80770244
Scanbro said it's Deadpool.
Unless it's not some ruse and it's fake Scanbro.
>>
File: Apocmessiahwar1.png (163 KB, 250x329) Image search: [Google]
Apocmessiahwar1.png
163 KB, 250x329
>>80770244
He's never been a mutant supremacist.
He only cares about culling the weak.
He doesn't care who wins or loses.
As long as the weak die.
He's basically an abuse victem who eventually turns into the most hateful person imaginable, that has seen his own strength as having granted worthiness for survival, so any example of a weak person not being "tested" in some horrible way as he once was is intollerable to him.
Apocalypse believes everyone must suffer to be worthy of living.
>>
>>80770380
Why is he so obsessed with mutants then?
>>
>>80770599
Next step in evolution and all.
>>
>>80770605
Hasn't that been retconned? Mutantswereamistake.jpg?

There's nothing that distinguishes the potential in mutants from the potential in non-mutant metas or inhumans. Or like, random aliens.
>>
>>80770617
Where was it retconned?
>>
>>80769028
Could this be 'everyone is apocalypse' to match 'everyone is spider-man'?

I would actually be semi-interested in a book about different incarnations of apocalypse and their horsemen battling with each other, if only for the freaky designs we might see.
>>
>>80770625
I mean 1) M-Day and the Genosha Genocide, so there are basically no mutants anymore and 2) I'm sure there's some panel confirming they are just an experiment by the celestials and not the next stage. I can't remember exactly though, maybe I'm just inventing it.
>>
>>80770646
You're inventing it. Celestials wanted to kill Earth because it lacked mutants.
>>
>>80770646
>I'm sure there's some panel confirming they are just an experiment by the celestials and not the next stage.
if you're talking about Earth-X, it's that mutants/inhumans will one day evolve to be like Asgardians, gods shaped by believe, which was a failsafe the Celestials preprogrammed to make sure nothing would ever evolve to rival the Celestial's power.

If you're talking about the High Evolutionary's thing in that New Warriors book, the guy who told him Celestials have decreed all 'impure' humans absolute haram was lying through his teeth
>>
>>80770635
worth mentioning there's also at least three Kangs running around, since his last defeat had caused him to time-splinter into Kang, Qeng, and other personas. I think the third one shown was Rama Tut
>>
>>80770687
>If you're talking about the High Evolutionary's thing in that New Warriors book, the guy who told him Celestials have decreed all 'impure' humans absolute haram was lying through his teeth
That's what I'm thinking of. Thanks anon.
>>
>>80767007
or Havok becomes a horseman
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.