[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Civil War the comic Pretty much unanimously hated by /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: death-of-captain-america.jpg (53 KB, 443x483) Image search: [Google]
death-of-captain-america.jpg
53 KB, 443x483
>Civil War the comic
Pretty much unanimously hated by /co/
>Civil War the movie
/co/ is losing their shit acting like it will be the best movie ever.

I don't get it.
>>
>>80762160
/tv/ posts here.
>>
Guess I'm just bitter anon with crap taste, cause I loved the event, and don't give two shits about the movies any more.
>>
>>80762160
>>80762160
>>Civil War the movie
>/co/ is losing their shit acting like it will be the best movie ever.
I think most people have acknowledged that it's really unlikely that the majority of the problems people had with the Civil War event will be in the movie. I'm still skeptical though
>>
>>80762521
>unlikely that the majority of the problems people had with the Civil War event will be in the movie
You mean a completely contrived plot to get super heroes to fight each other despite how illogical it is, and trying to squeeze as many characters on panel as you can?
>>
>>80762233
>bitter anon with crap taste
Sounds about right.
>>
>>80763711
These are problems that show up in nearly all Marvel events. Civil War had bigger problems.
>>
File: Civil War Ending.jpg (475 KB, 1600x1253) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Ending.jpg
475 KB, 1600x1253
>>80762160
The writers of the movie say they want to split audiences on who they side with; the writers of the comics clearly wanted to show that Tony was bad because he was some allegory for Bush/the Bush administration. Therefore the movie is already better since it won't write characters out of character to make some shitty political statement.
>>
>>80762160
The Civil War concept is good, Mark Millar just sucks.

Guess who's not involved in the movie.
>>
We wanna see Bucky pound Steve's ass.
>>
>>80762160
The comic was crap because it had like 10 different writers with different views on the issue all taking part, with a platform to fuck with the story and characters on the opposing side.

The movie will (hopefully) present a more cohesive narrative.
>>
/co/ is forgetting it's full of contrarian assbiters and remembers the joy it felt when Civil War was coming out, and that deep down it does care about elements of it Civil War, even if not the whole.

That and most of what everyone else has said.
>>
>>80762160
Let me know if Tony builds a clone of Thor in the movie.
>>
>>80762160
Don't try to understand these people. They will love the civil war for a few months before realizing that it is popular and successful at which point they will start saying it's overrated and eventually say it sucks. This is the never ending /co/ cycle.
>>
>>80762160

We are?
>>
>>80766014
>the writers of the comics clearly wanted to show that Tony was bad because he was some allegory for Bush/the Bush administration.
kek and if Civil War was written during Obama's presidency the writers would have written Cap as the bad guy.
>>
Because the movie is in name only.
>>
>>80766421
Nigga, you don't know what you're talking about. We still love Cap taking down Hydra and finding out his fuckbuddy is alive and with a dildo arm. Winter Soldier is our nigga as a character AND as a movie. Get with the TIMES.
>>
Yeah because Age of Ultra was point for point with the source material
>>
I'm losing my shit over Black Panther and Spider-Man, the rest is icing on the cake. I like the new costumes, I'm intrigued by potential Scarlet Witch/Vision interaction, and I'm amused by Ant-Man on Hawkeye's arrow.
>>
File: 1446227892931.jpg (121 KB, 793x391) Image search: [Google]
1446227892931.jpg
121 KB, 793x391
>>80762160
>>
>>80766496
Dude I love winter soldier but I frequently see people say that it is overrated, choreography is only good to people who don't watch action movies and not as good as the Bourne franchise. It's just /co/ parroting contrarian bullshit but it happens way too much
>>
>>80767116
Action movies are practically all I watch and I love Winter Soldier.
>>
I'm partial to the Frank Cho Scarlet Witch myself.
>>
Civil war the comic is incredibly different to civil war the movie. I can assure you that Age of Ultron was not similar to the 2013 comic by the same name.
>>
>>80762160
MCU is less fucked than the MU right now

we'd be happy about any MCU movie coming out at all
>>
>>80766014
>Tony was bad because he was some allegory for Bush/the Bush administration.

Heh I dunno about that but I do know that Millar wrote Tony and the pro-reg as being in the right (in his point of view at least) and he even said that he agreed with them.
>>
>>80762160

Apart from the trailer the other day it isn't having as much discussion as I would have thought
>>
>>80762160
The Age of Ultron film was better than the comic.
>>
>>80770014

wow the comic must have been pure dogshit if it's better than a Weekend At Ultrons
>>
>>80770037
its a combination of unmet expectations (many believed an "age of ultron" storyline would come from something related to Remender's robot city, or for it be just better), and the fact that it felt rushed and pointless.
>>
>>80770037
>wow the comic must have been pure dogshit

That's putting it lightly.
>>
File: Age of Ultron 001-024.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Age of Ultron 001-024.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>80770158
This was a comic where the first issue's cliffhanger was this...
>>
File: Age-of-Ultron-02-pg-018.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Age-of-Ultron-02-pg-018.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>80770256
And the second issue's cliffhanger was this.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.