[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think the Avengers line-up will be after Infinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
File: image.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360 KB, 500x500
What do you think the Avengers line-up will be after Infinity Wars? Who should be the villain?
>>
Doom
>>
>>80761732
>Who should be the villain?
Spider-Man
>>
>>80761732
If they manage to somehow snag his rights, Kang.
>>
>>80761732
the Celestials
>>
MASTERS

OF

EVIL
>>
I'm really baffled where they will go after Infinity Wars. Most likely lead up to Secret Wars, but I bet Maestro Hulk will be the villain for the fourth Avengers film.
>>
>>80761987
If they get the F4 rights back, they can do a Galactus storyline
>>
>>80761732

Honestly, IO don't think there should be anything after Infinity Wars. Or at least any Avengers movies.
>>
>>80761732
I honestly hope they retire the original six, or at least the four who had Phase 1 movies. IW should be their ending. I also would rather have Strange and Wanda be a separate pair dealing with bigger threats, and Spidey going back to a solo hero. Let's assume that Vision and Rhodey die, too.

So we get:
>Falcon
>Ant-Man
>Wasp
>Black Panther
>Captain Marvel

With Falcon as the idealist and Carol as the authoritarian/cynic, to create a dynamic similar to Cap/Tony. Scott's the levity and average joe heart of the team.
>>
>>80761732
Hopefully I'll either be dead, or have completely been turned off of the comics by then...
>>
>>80762543
You know, that's really not that bad of a line up.
>>
>>80762543
I'd watch it. What are you thinking story wise?
I'd like to see A.I.M get some attention as a threat.
>>
File: Kang04[1].jpg (294 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kang04[1].jpg
294 KB, 1024x768
we wuz

after that stinker of the last f4 movie. Disney should have no problem getting F4 and associated rights back
>>
File: 35i3r7d.jpg (56 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
35i3r7d.jpg
56 KB, 400x600
>>80761762
>we probably wont get doom by then
Speaking of doom is FOX gonna do anything with the Fantastic 4 after that movie?
>>
File: tumblr_m0vlhuKilG1qewl6m[1].jpg (47 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0vlhuKilG1qewl6m[1].jpg
47 KB, 500x369
>>80761762
>>80762733
But Doom is not a villain.
>>
>>80762710
>no problem
Marvel can't force Fox to sell the rights back
if Fox wants to hold onto the rights just to spite their competitor there's nothing Marvel can do about it
>>
>>80762817
Fox has to do something with the rights or they will revert back to Disney.

Which is why they made that last stinker of a movie.
>>
>>80761732
The Supreme Soviets
>>
>Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg
>The Joker (played by Jared Leto)
>>
>>80762710

Fox can just sit on F4 now for years. Theres nothing stopping them from playing hard ball on that property when they have Deadpool and the X-Men making them money
>>
>>80762662
Skrulls, and the whole witchhunt/paranoia angle that comes with them.
>>
>>80762862
exactly.
and there are at least some businessmen who think spending money to stop your competitor making more money is a sound decision.

the Murdoc Megacorp is plenty wealthy to just tank those costs
>>
I was thinking of a line-up like this:

>Spider-Man
>Doctor Strange
>Captain Marvel
>Daredevil
>Luke Cage
>Iron Fist
>The Thing (IF Marvel gets the rights back)

I'm conflicted about Ant-Man & Wasp. Black Panther would probably be better suited by himself
>>
>>80762954
that'd be good. Especially if we got Stormin Norman
>>
>>80762733
>make another shitty movie
>crossover with Deadpool
>sell back the rights to Marvel
>don't make a movie at all and wait for the rights to revert back to Marvel
>>
>>80762969
who owns Xmen/mutant/deadpool/shiar rights for tv, streaming, basically anything not movie?
>>
>>80761732
Cumberbatch on the team somehow, Vul Panther, Bucky Cap

Also those black bands need to go like stat
>>
>>80763068
I'm not certain, but pretty sure 'cinematic rights' technically encompasses all live action productions other than broadway
>>
>>80762904
Worst heroes ever
>>
>>80761732
Bucky Cap
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Rotating cast member: Vision (If rebuilt), Falcon, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, War Machine, Spider-man

Villain should be Masters of evil
>>
Bucky and Falcon are both Cap
>>
>>80763125
Disney could give Fox rights to all animated and live action stuff Mutant.

In exchange for giving up all rights to the F4 related.
>>
File: 1456458050123.gif (397 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456458050123.gif
397 KB, 500x281
>>80763125
Does that mean I can finally put on Fantastic Four the musical?
>>
File: Shuma_Gorath.jpg (51 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
Shuma_Gorath.jpg
51 KB, 500x446
>>80761732
>>
>>80763226
Yes
>>
>>80762543
MCU Wasp is more authoritative than Carol will probably be.

Otherwise, nice getup. No Bucky?
>>
>>80762710
Marvel does have three unannounced movies in 2020/2021 and FOX cancelled Fantastic 4. If something went down, we'll find out at SDCC
>>
>>80763477
One of those is a Vision movie.
>>
>>80762733
seeing as how you only need to make a film when the rights are about to default, and that is like every 5-20 years depending on the contract, they can just sit on it.

hell, look up the F4 movie they made before the firswt widel released one,
>>
>>80763503
Is that just speculation? Because I'd lose my shit if we got a "Scarlet Witch and the Vision" movie.

I'll assume one is Thunderbolts and another is Young Avengers
>>
File: carlos.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
>>80763643
No. They just can't miss the opportunity to have a 2020 Vision.
Pic related.
>>
>>80761732
>Doctor Strange
>Black Panther
>Captain Marvel
>Spider-Man
>ANTS
>BEES
>Scarlet Witch
>Vision
>Buckycap
>Falcon
Defenders will probably be on standby, but it depends on if they show up in IW.

As for a villain, Masters of Evil would be cool. Kang would be a definite if they could use him. I forget what it was, but I grew to like Secret Invasion because it sounded so cool when I was younger. Then when I finally came to /co/ I heard it was ass. But the Skrulls would be cool. Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers would be decent I guess.

The IW-and-after lineup is going to be fucking huge. It's kind of scary. Wanda West Coast When
>>
>>80763946
>Doctor Strange
no man, he's always going on his own shit
>Vision
I don't think he'll make it, anon
>Spider-man
See Dr. Strange
>Falcon and BuckyCap
See, this I don't know. I can't see both of them on the team, but I don't really know who I'd pick.
>>
>>80763386
>MCU Wasp is more authoritative than Carol will probably be.
Where do you get this from?

>Otherwise, nice getup. No Bucky?
Thanks. I dunno what's gonna happen with Bucky so I didn't touch him.
>>
>>80762971
That just a version of the defenders from 1987, with the Thing and CM added in
>>
>>80762543
I don't think you can have that team without Spidey in it but otherwise great lineup
>>
>>80762817
>Marvel can't force Fox to sell the rights back
No, but I don't think they're exactly going to be leaping at the chance to make another one anytime in the next 5 or so years considering it literally killed Fox's profits for that quarter.

It was so bad it actually cost the studio the profits it gained from DOFP
>>
>>80764075
Okay, so if Strange and Spidey are doing their own thing (even though I still think Marvel would want to milk them), who would be the main three? Wanda, T'Challa, and Carol? I have no idea where Bucky and Falcon are going, but Wanda looks like she's on the path to really growing into her own. We could actually get pretty damn close to WCA for her.

Cap better fucking say "Avengers Assemble" before he dies. God dammit Whedon
>>
>>80764135
>>MCU Wasp is more authoritative than Carol will probably be.
>Where do you get this from?
Maybe it was because her father and mother were close to the case, but Hope Pym is kind of tough and no-nonsense. More than Jan at least, and a little more than what I know about Carol which is basically only from EMH and Alias.

She always came across to me as somewhat lighthearted, even if committed to the fight. Definitely not as serious as Cap like your post implied.

I could be wrong, though. Maybe I should read more stuff.
>>
>>80764244
Cap WILL say assemble against Thanos. He's the writers favorite and it's the only easy thing that the MCU held back from the start. It'll be a release moment.

As for the lineup, I was thinking Carol (as leader), T'Challa and Ant-man for balance, and to avoid Superman/Batman comparisons.
>>
>>80764256
She's definitely very serious, but by authoritarian I meant Carol has a harsher and more pro-active view of "justice".
>>
>>80764378
>Carol, T'Challa, and Ant-Man
I'm liking that trinity. Seems like they'd be good friends. I'm really looking forward to that in CW.
>>
>>80764548
No Carol in CW, though. Doubt Panther and ANTS will interact at all, either.
>>
Everybody keeps saying Black Panther. Why the hell would Black Panther want to join the MCU Avengers?
>>
>>80764576
I meant in the future lineup. The Russos said that the New Avengers in CW have been working together for over a year and are much more organized and skill-based or something like that. Also they've become good friends over that time. It's probably the closest to the Kooky Quartet we'll get. But I really want Wanda to use magic CQC after training with Cap
>>
>>80761732
>animated eyes
>>
There was a lot of rumor and disinformation on the internet about whether or not FOX had the rights to do X-Men TV shows for a while...I don't think we ever got a clear answer as to whether or not they needed Marvel's permission, but the fact that FOX announced a bunch of X-Men TV shows after F4 bombed suggests to me that Marvel made a deal.

I think the only reason they haven't announced it yet is they're waiting for the bad taste of F4ntastic to wash out of the public's mouth
>>
File: Carol and Spidey.jpg (112 KB, 634x960) Image search: [Google]
Carol and Spidey.jpg
112 KB, 634x960
>>80762543
The rumored title of the first Spider-Man movie is "Spider-Man: The New Avenger". He'll be a permanent Avengers member, it might even be in the contract with Sony.

Team:
>Captain America (Bucky)
>Falcon
>Ant-Man
>Wasp
>Spider-Man
>Black Panther
>Captain Marvel
>Scarlet Witch
>Maybe Vision if he doesn't die
>Maybe Ms. Marvel

Villains:
>Kang
>Maestro
>Ultron (Not a meme this time)
>Dr. Doom
>Galactus
>The Hood
>Norman Osborn & The Dark Avengers
>>
>>80766155
>The rumored title of the first Spider-Man movie is "Spider-Man: The New Avenger". He'll be a permanent Avengers member,
Noooooooo!
>>
>>80766155
That team is way too big.
>>
>>80766155
That's a pipe dream at best.
Kang, Doom, and Galactus won't be coming for another decade or more, if ever and that is way too many members.
>>
>>80766155
>The rumored title of the first Spider-Man movie is "Spider-Man: The New Avenger"
Yes rumored

It's rumored in the sense that a guy said it once and made an article with no source about it
>>
>>80762862
They'll just do what they did with the Roger Corman F4 and film some actors in Halloween costumes once every few years.
>>
Ya'll niggas forgetting Crystal after the Inhumans movie. And they could always just add new heroes outta nowhere. I'm hoping for a random Hercules myself.
>>
>>80762710
Really hoping Fox pays attention and sees
>Amazing Spider-Man 2 didn't work out as planned
>Getting a cut of Civil War/s big ass earnings for putting in no money is way easier than making more movies
And then Fox does a similar rights lending situation
>>
>>80767782
I'd be okay if they used Herc's current run as a basis for a movie.
open with a montage parodying the one in Wolverine where it shows Herc participating in numerous battles across history, but in a really ridiculous way (leading a charge of elephants against Nazi's etc), then cut to present Herc buying the paper and some milk, heading back to his house, and asking Gil if they've been out of the scene for too long and if its time for a come-back tour.

Bonus points if, rather than living in New York, they were living in Tallahassee for the past couple decades and most 'Florida Man' stories can be attributed to one or both of them.

and then they go fight kaiju and shit.
>>
File: DrStrangeSorcerersupre27-15.jpg (158 KB, 612x564) Image search: [Google]
DrStrangeSorcerersupre27-15.jpg
158 KB, 612x564
>>80761732
Strange, Panther and Carol as the core Trinity.
Ant-Man, Spidey & Wasp as ancillary members.
Bucky, Rhodes & Jane taking up the old Trinity's legacies as supporting characters.

Overarching villain is the Beyonder with the Phase 5 finale being Secret Wars. Phase 4 finale villain would ideally be Kang, but failing that could be the Squadron Supreme. Either one would deal with the implications of parallel universes and set up SW nicely.

If Mahvel get the FF rights back all bets are off.
>>
>>80767782
>And they could always just add new heroes outta nowhere.
Continuing from the multiverse theme I'm hoping for Captain Britain, Man-Thing, Eternals, maybe Sentry as an amnesiac Beyonder avatar.
>>
>>80761732
It will likely be Kang but I think they should bring back Red Skull and do Onslaught.
>>
>>80770674
Onslaught's pretty definitively an X-Men thing, anon.
Having said that I strongly hope he's the antagonist of the mainline X-film after Apocalypse.
>>
>>80770902
No the story could deffo work all they need to do is rearrange characters kinda like what Fox is going to do with Old Logan.
>>
File: 1441856895434.png (2 MB, 920x1028) Image search: [Google]
1441856895434.png
2 MB, 920x1028
>>80766155
Am I the only one that thinks PeterXCarol is the best Marvel ship?
>>
>>80770360

>Jane
>not Sif
>>
>>80772144
PeterXKamala more like
>>
Team: Avengers
(Tacticool mostly the normies)
Bucky (leader)
Falcon
Captain Marvel (leader)
Black Widow
Black Panther

Team: Avengers West
(More focused on alien/mystic threats)
Scarlet Witch (leader, liaison with Doctor Strange)
Thor
Wasp
Antman
Brother Voodoo
>>
>>80766155
>>Maybe Ms. Marvel
No, nigg
>>
>>80761732
>implying there will be a theater audience after the event of 2018.

>implying there will be anything but radio shows and community newspapers for about 4 years afterwards.
>>
>>80761986
MCU Masters of Evil would just be a pile of corpses.
>>
>>80772144
no, that was one of my favorite ships. then she got a brain tumor and pete got spocked. I keep hoping it'll come back but last it was bought up she doesn't even really remember any of that stuff with him and to pete it seems as she just sort of stopped caring and didn't talk to him anymore.

also ms. marvel ships them.
>>
>>80762971
i liked that team in the books. not too big a bendis fan myself but it was fun. spidey and thing making fun of Carol for having never seen ghostbusters was funny
>>
>>80762773
Well, he should be!
>>
>What do you think the Avengers line-up will be after Infinity Wars? Who should be the villain?
They're working their way through the comics so after Infinity War they are probably going to just start doing modern shit. Expect Whor and Captain Detroit movies, lot's of diversity and for every single one of them to be a box office bomb because nobody fucking cares about modern Marvel comics.
>>
>>80762090

Pretty Much.

I also want The Thunderbolts to happen.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.