[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Children! Heh, lost the word there.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 554.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
554.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Children! Heh, lost the word there.
>>
>>80759432
I was in a packed theater and not a single person laughed at this.
>>
>>80759432
Are Ultron's clones considered his children?
>>
Why was /co/ mad at the flying trailer thing again? I get that the webm posted here made it seem like regular rockets, but it was being flown by Ultronbots that were perfectly synchronized and could correct their flight. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>80759432

I don't get it
>>
>>80759644
I just thought it was funny. Reminded me of that flying lawnmower with the Ducktales music. The bad quality made it seem like it just decided to fuck off. It's fine in context.
>>
>>80759432
>Ultron calls children "smaller people"
>Tony calls Clint's children "smaller agents"
POETRY
>>
>>80759644
The whole thing was weird. First he has robots driving the truck, and then they just decide to bail with face rockets.
>>
>>80759432
The exact moment this movie started falling apart, and when I knew we had another wasted Marvel villain.
>>
>>80759960
Fuck you george lucas
>>
>>80760218
It makes sense. He was trying to sneak out at first then had to just GTFO as fast as possible.
>>
>>80759644

It was awkward. And it was the shot showing it flying and how it didn't fit with the rest of the scene that had everyone calling it out. Not to mention the theme for Duck Tales space level fit so well.
>>
>>80759432
>DUDE EVERYTHING IS HUMOROUS LMAO

this is why MCU is only liked by social media tards
>>
>>80759644
Cause along with most of the shit u"ltron" did in the movie, it was just stupid.

Only in this case, while all his other plans were just stupid in general, this one was merely stupid to look at.
>>
>>80759432
He was so likable and unintimidating I genuinely wanted a redemption arc for the bot
>>
>>80760550
>DUDE EDGE AND DARKNESS

Le DC blah blah

See it works both ways.
>>
>>80759644
Nobody was mad, it just was a terrible shot, and framed like a comedy for some reason, like some kind of America's Funniest Home Videos thing.
>>
>>80760927
You can't even finish a coherent thought. Go back to /mlp/
>>
>>80759432
It was Clever, but that scene is actually pretty good, his talk with the twins about their family was great.
>>
>>80759432
>Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability? You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers; turn my own flesh against me, it means nothing!
>When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world, will be metal.
>>
>>80760550
>Humorous moment is meant to be humorous
>Nuh uh let me watch my ultra serious DC movies
CLARK KENT MEETS BRUCE WAYNE, OH GOLLY GEE LOOK AT THAT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE
>>
>>80759644
They knew they had something they could latch onto and complain about the moment the rockets came out of their face
>>
>>80760550
>>80765049
Enough with your console wars, children.
>>
>>80759432
Makes him seem more like the humans he hates. A machine would have perfectly recalled the word children, but Ultron's not just a machine, he's a living, imperfect being.
>>
>>80759644
I think it's the fact that the shot of it flying away didn't show off the fact that they were escaping, it just amplified how silly the escape method was. >>80762226 is right, it was framed as if you were supposed to laugh at it, rather than be impressed at how versatile !Stark's robots were.
>>
>>80759644
I don't care what people say, that shit had me dying. both spritually and also laughing
>>
>>80762796
>That Perfect moment where hawkeye shoots a drone, and then another Ultron continues without missing a step
>>
I liked the idea of the line. Having to pause to search his memory bank for a word makes him come off as very alien, while at the same time very human. It's the silly delivery that sucks.
>>
>>80759644
Because /co/ has autism.
>>
>>80760218
That was before Captain America started attacking it.
>>
>>80759432
I literally cringed when this happened.
>>
>>80759518
I don't think it was meant to be a joke so much as Ultron trying to relate to to the Maximov siblings by seeming approachable and mildly self-deprecating.
>>
>>80767254
It's an MCU movie, of course it was a fucking joke.
>>
>>80759518
It wasn't supposed to be haha funny, it was supposed to be humorously unsettling. I laughed at least
>>
>>80766967
Poor bby
>>
>>80759432
I thought they did a good job making him act and sound exactly like a more evil Tony Stark who went over the edge after the portal in the sky thing.

I didn't like how the age of Ultron lasted one day, or how they used ANOTHER army of worthless drones to fight the Avengers. TWICE (once in the beginning and again later one). The only really good 1v1 was Iron Man vs. Hulk. Ultron briefly scuffles with Cap, but nothing about it makes sense because he could have just ripped out Cap's guts instantly with his weird telekinetic laser power that tears concrete apart with ease.

Look these movies are about the spectacle. Give us a great fight with high stakes and high tension between one or more Avengers and Ultron at his most powerful. But no, army of dorks getting smashed by the dozen with no danger whatsoever, except to civilians. And then they just laser him to bits with their three most powerful energy controllers in literally 8 seconds. And his final form jobs to Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>80762297
>>DUDE EVERYTHING IS HUMOROUS LMAO
What a coherent thought, DKEK.
>>
>>80767254
this. everything he knows about being human he learned from Stark. MCU Ultron is evil Tony.
>>
>>80767254
I never see anyone mention this but Ultron does seem to share a special connection with the siblings. Perhaps because he is an evil Tony he feels somewhat responsible for their loss.
>>
File: mad.gif (940 KB, 350x267) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
940 KB, 350x267
>>80767371
>>
File: 14336754688.gif (780 KB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
14336754688.gif
780 KB, 325x203
>>80759644
Probably because it reminded them of this
>>
>>80767644
>MCU Ultron is evil Tony
So, just regular MCU Tony?
>>
File: image.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296 KB, 649x649
I really liked ultron.

The movie was mostly ruined by pacing, but the antagonist being a self-replicating 8-foot-tall metal Pinnochio worked really well and conveyed a pretty unique character. AIs in movies are usually just 'beep boop, humans unsatisfactory, destroy'.

He's got a motivation that makes sense, he has personality and is drawn towards becoming and then surpassing humanity, which leads to pretty cool scenes like in OP and gives the whole vision thing some thematic context.

Why does /co/ hate ultron anyway
>>
>>80759518
That's because it wasn't really a "joke" it was supposed to be odd, in an almost unsettling way. Ultron thought it was funny, but to the audience it just highlights how non-human he is.
>>
>>80759432
This was about the point I knew they had well and truly shit the bed with Ultron, which was made even worse by the trailers playing up his threatening, understated villainy.

So let's give him whacky dialogue because Whedon can't write a script without pointing a quip shotgun at it.

Motherfucker can't dialogue.
>>
>>80768438
MCU.CK please go away.
>>
File: 1408607625111.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1408607625111.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>it took him longer to search up the word than it does for me to open a new tab and google it

Some 'super' robot he is.
>>
>>80759432
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80769056
He's a robot made from an alien AI.
>>
im about to watch this movie off of the promise of quips
>>
>>80769091
They're not very good. Seriously, the best quip in the movie comes right before the epilogue.
>>
>>80759432
Seriously, why do people keep saying there were too many quips? There weren't that many jokes
>>
>>80771658
>Seriously, why do people keep saying there were too many quips?

Are you autistic?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.