[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, like, this is the most forgettable Disney male lead right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 34
File: Kristoff_Sven.jpg (211 KB, 1920x856) Image search: [Google]
Kristoff_Sven.jpg
211 KB, 1920x856
So, like, this is the most forgettable Disney male lead right?

I mean nobody talks about this guy ever, about anything. It's always Elsa, Hans and Anna. In that order (and only those things by the way). This guy might as well have not existed
>>
hiro isnt that much better
>>
I thought he was pretty likable, famm.

Except for the boogers thing. Disgusting.
>>
Most of the older Disney Princes are pretty forgettable.
>>
>>80749670

he honestly is.

I forget he's a character at all.
>>
File: end credits.jpg (75 KB, 1280x568) Image search: [Google]
end credits.jpg
75 KB, 1280x568
>>80749741
Was he telling the truth about the boogers?
>>
that whole movie is prety forgettable desu senpai
>>
>>80749670
It's not really that he was forgettable, it's more that people don't want to talk about him.
He's either fucking your waifu, ruining your lesbian ship, or ruining your contrarian ship. Acknowledging him means acknowledging the movie, which fucks with headcanons and whatever. On his own he was sort of a cool dude. Eh breaks ice and isn't afraid of nothing.
>>
>>80751078
If you eat boogers you're fucking disgusting
>>
>>80749741
Ditto, I also though he was a nice dude.

>>80749670

It's just the movie isn't about him. He's barely a "lead".

Not every movie has to have equal male - female leads imo.
>>
>>80751359
So you're saying nobody actually likes this movie?
>>
His own family and entire community gave so few shits about him that he had to be raised by rock monsters.
>>
>>80752645
Pretty much.
>>
>>80752808
Worst part of the movie for sure
>>
Yeah, he was just there.
He had no motivation, nothing to stand out, he didn't even have a song.
And the whole "you destroyed my vehicle so now i have to stick with you" fuck, even pokemon did it better.
He looked like a cool guy but Disney didn't work with it.
>>
File: frozen.jpg (220 KB, 758x426) Image search: [Google]
frozen.jpg
220 KB, 758x426
Funny how shorts like Frozen Fever and some comic pages I see floating around here feature nothing but Elsa taking Anna on a picnic or celebarating Anna's birthday or taking Anna ice skating. Pretty sure she has dated Anna more than Kristoff has at this point.
>>
They NEEDED to hammer in the not marrying thing. How can you do that if she doesn't have a love interest to flock to after? Let her be single? Pffft!
>>
>>80757161
Kristoff told Anna he loved her in Frozen Fever. Kristanna is still there. It's just that the sister relationship is the focus of the movie and short.
>>
He's a fucking peasant. Girls hate poor people. I'm not a MRA or something. I think girls have the right to have stupid power fantasies as much as guys do. It's just that Disney is shitting over the prince charming too much these days

>Tangled: The prince is retconned into a thief
>PaTF: The prince is broke
>Frozen: The prince is evil

Fucking daddy issues
>>
File: frozen_2_by_cooru58-d73sjrr.jpg (340 KB, 800x721) Image search: [Google]
frozen_2_by_cooru58-d73sjrr.jpg
340 KB, 800x721
>>80749670
I actually like Kristoff. It's just that he wasn't given much to do; he's the supporting character that gets Anna up and down the mountain alive, falls in love with her but is too much of a stand up guy to make moves on an engaged woman, and is there to kiss her in the end.

The movie was all about the girls finding that the answer is in familial love, so his role couldn't have been too significant since it would have watered down the main message.

Personally I feel both of the men in Frozen were a bit underused.
>>
>>80757161
Frozen Fever featured Kristoff apparently living in the castle with them and also bellowing a public love declaration for Anna.

Also a lot of the comic pages are fan edits where people have edited Kristoff out, because they want to believe in their lesbian incest headcanons and having him there puts a damper on that.

But sure, a central point of Frozen is the sisters and their familial love, so that's where the focus is. It's not "dating" though and doesn't change that Kristoff is the love interest.
>>
>>80757304
>PaTF: The prince is broke
Doesn't this completely conflict with what you're saying?
>>
File: this was better.jpg (54 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
this was better.jpg
54 KB, 500x324
In one of the earlier drafts of the film, Kristoff was designed as Princess Anna's antithesis. While early Princess Anna was a polite, courteous archetypal princess, Kristoff was an inconsiderate but practical man's man. Then Kristen Bell threatened to quit the project unless they made her character according to her wishes, so while Princess Anna became a fuck-up with no redeeming value yet all the tard praise imaginable, Kristoff stayed the same.

So, instead of the two constantly clashing on attitudes & hygiene that eventually boils into sexual angst, we have a girl so loose that she jumps from an engagement to another romantic relationship without reflecting on herself & what went wrong & her rebound squeeze. But you know what, they deserve each other. Princess Anna cannot learn or develop any sort of depth because she's a retard & while Kristoff is a stable man who will take good care of her, he too is an idiot. What kind of honest, hard-working person goes into a man's store in the middle of nowhere, bargains with the salesman's prices which were set according to the weather phenomenon, threatens to kick the shopkeeper's ass when the shopkeeper doesn't compromise to his demands, & then decides to go hide out in the same shopkeeper's barn after he just had his ass handed to him?!
>>
>>80749670
he wasn't a male lead, he was a sidekick.
>>
>>80757161
How come it's always Elsa bending over backwards to entertain Anna? Doesn't Anna offer anything to any of her relationships beyond wealth, privileged, & pussy?
>>
>>80749670
>So, like, this is the most forgettable Disney male lead right?

Naw, it'd be one of the interchangeable Princes from Snow White or Sleeping Beauty.
>>
>>80758170
Well, at least Prince Philip had some semblance of a personality. The princes of Snow White & Cinderella lacked personality because they had only a couple of minutes of screentime (that's because Disney was uncomfortable animating adult humans).
>>
>>80758156
I guess after not speaking to your little sister for years and almost killing her, twice, you'd forgo running a kingdom to make her happy, too.
>>
File: char_60416.jpg (3 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_60416.jpg
3 KB, 210x240
Say, whatever happened with that story about Elsa and Anna meeting a princess with fire powers? That still a thing?
>>
>>80758170
Everybody remembers the Sleeping Beauty prince though because he killed Dragleficent even if they don't know his name

You might have a point with the Snow White prince but he wasn't actually a character
>>
>>80758733
Both occasions that Elsa endangered Anna was partially Anna's fault. Elsa asked several times for Anna to slow down/leave but Anna doesn't think so...

You're missing the point. Beyond the one, single unselfish sacrifice Anna made for thirty seconds, what does Anna do for Elsa? For Kristoff? For anyone really?
>>
>>80758868
Kiddie book released like a year ago. Olaf jumped the gun & claimed the queen had heat-related powers because her kingdom was hot & dry. Queen is a muggle in charge of a kingdom in the desert. People began pairing Elsa with that queen, Marisol, because hot lesbians.
>>
>>80758868
that was never a thing
>>
>>80758733
What's poetic is that even the very first accident is Anna's fault for refusing to listen to Elsa (slow down) and just jumping blindly.

Nearly everything going wrong in the movie is the result of Anna not listening and respecting what other people are telling her
>>
File: 1454863422951.png (223 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
1454863422951.png
223 KB, 500x445
Kind of makes you realise people don't really like this movie evident by Spawning a hundred wishfull thinking fanfics.
Its like they are uncounciously saying this movie sucks and this is what my waifu is suppose to be doing

True fans would take the story and original canon as it is and appreciates it

They only like it because the princesses are hot fuckable white girls.
>>
>>80759203
So both princesses are the true antagonists of this movie?
>>
>>80759331
>caring about what fans are "true" fans
>implying you have to like every element of a movie if you like it at all. there's no room for criticism or non-canon fics
>>
>>80759331
I've never been one into projecting myself onto characters or lusting after other characters. Frozen had so much potential to be spectacular in writing, but it was fucked up with the inclusion of certain plots/ideas.

Do you think any future installments of the series should primarily be about the sisters bonding or do you think that the story should go other places?
>>
>>80759203
The most disturbing part of it all is that Anna, despite being a very flawed character, doesn't learn shit from the events during the movie so that means the film has invested a huge amount of resources in a protagonist who has no character development whatsoever. Instead, Anna's very wrong & inconsiderate behavior is ennobled & encouraged. The short was basically all the characters praising how wonderful Anna is when one, Anna is unpopular in sales so audiences don't give a shit, & two, despite singing about "all the things [Anna does]", never once do they actually specify the shit that she is glorified over.

So yeah, fuck Anna.
>>
File: 156.jpg (939 KB, 2204x3292) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
939 KB, 2204x3292
>>80757161
>>
File: snowchan is kill.jpg (290 KB, 949x945) Image search: [Google]
snowchan is kill.jpg
290 KB, 949x945
>>80759331
>Kind of makes you realise people don't really like this movie evident by Spawning a hundred wishfull thinking fanfics.
As I said >>80752645

I've come to realize people do not actually like this movie. They like what they can write and create about the characters (3 very specific characters) in said movie. Everything else though, nobody gives a shit, that new commission of Elsa scissoring her alternate universe self is totally up for grabs, not to mention the view outside the /frz/ fandom with it becoming basically Cars tier in terms of solely existing for marketing
>>
>>80760247

That is amazing
>>
>>80759932
none of the characters are very well done in the movie, really. It's staggering how people became so attached to them.

Anna's personality is just a grab bag of romantic comedy lead female tropes, and by the end of the movie she's still the same person she was at the start.

Elsa really doesn't do much of anything in the movie, her first reaction to anything being to flee from it. She's basically Rincewind from DiscWorld, only without being able to meet anyone actually interesting. And she never even attempts to solve any of her problems herself. I suppose we could say it's a plus on her side that at the end after it looks like she's killed everyone else in the kingdom that she accepts some responsibility for what she's done.

And Kristoff. Kristoff struck me as a person who had already gone through his own character arc and was now just along for the ride of someone elses, except they never had any, so he never got to do anything. He's a slightly less talkative taxi service.
>>
>>80760318
That pictures warms my heart like you cannot imagine. It's just too bad that they've all probably run to the other chan at this point.

And you're very much right. None of the stories, or pictures, that are the "fan favorites" have anything to do with the actual movie. They all lift up this basic idea of what the characters are and slap them down some place or some time else, and on top of that start giving them wildly different motivations, and even personalities. It really doesn't take long to realize that the only thing anyone cared about was how the characters looked.
>>
>>80760247
>that one Elsanna edit

Damn, incestfags. That was just cold.
>>
>>80760367
>dat NOW KISS look on his face
Geez, he's as bad as the fans who shooped him out.
>>
>>80760653
It's not like photoshopping Kristoff out of the comic would make any difference.
>>
>>80749670
/co/ is attracted to, and likes to nitpick, character flaws. Kristoff has none.
>>
>>80761190
Unless he was serious about the booger thing.
>>
>>80761190
It's not just a /co/ thing though, I'm talking about everywhere. The entire fanbase on and off the internet, the only things people care about in this movie are Elsa, Hans and Anna (but only for shipping with Elsa, not actually her character). I don't even think kids give a shit about Olaf even anymore
>>
>>80761190

>>80758021
>But you know what, they deserve each other. Princess Anna cannot learn or develop any sort of depth because she's a retard & while Kristoff is a stable man who will take good care of her, he too is an idiot. What kind of honest, hard-working person goes into a man's store in the middle of nowhere, bargains with the salesman's prices which were set according to the weather phenomenon, threatens to kick the shopkeeper's ass when the shopkeeper doesn't compromise to his demands, & then decides to go hide out in the same shopkeeper's barn after he just had his ass handed to him?!
>>
>>80761279
When the movie was out I had a job at a Target, and found that we would actually sell out of the Kristoff dolls a lot faster than Hans or Anna. For the longest time Anna was THE pegwarmer for the Frozen shit.
>>
>>80761279
Well, at least Elsa & Hans are complex characters with plenty of potential for character development.
>>
>>80749670
Yeah, I'm actually really surprised Zootopia actually had a good male lead for once.
>>
>>80761364
I'm talking about these days though. When the movie was out, Frozen Fever was definitely the thing. But I'm talking about now and in retrospect.

I'm not surprised by the Anna thing though. Elsa's the actual frontrunner on all the merch
>>
>>80761364
I'm not surprised if Kristoff sold quicker than Hans, but you do mean Hans & not Elsa?

Did you consider how much Kristoff merchandise was being stocked in comparison to Anna & Elsa? It would be too perfect if Disney totally flopped on having Anna, the fucking princess protagonist, be overlooked in favor of any other character (besides the trolls, does ANYONE like them?!).
>>
>>80761619
the dolls were 2to1 in favor of the girls in all the boxes. Elsa sold like fucking, I don't know, Hotcakes made of gold that would somehow get you more gold or something. Every time I'd have to open a new box to restock Elsa and Kristoff would be the ones to go missing first, Hans would outsell Anna too.

My best guess was that everyone would already have gotten the girls, so Kristoff being the male lead would be next to actually be sold, and then Hans, and Elsa was continuously bought by scalpers. Leaving Anna all alone on her peg, forced to sit there with the horrible Olaf shaved ice maker.
>>
>>80757338
THIS GUY KNOWS
>>
>>80761417
>Elsa & Hans are complex characters with plenty of potential for character development.
Kill yourself please.
>>
>>80761417
>>80761951
Actually get better taste, but don't kill yourself.
>>
>>80761445
I've been observing Frozen merchandise trends for the past year or so & I have noticed the following.

In practically every retail store, with every Anna-only piece of merchandise (like a single doll or a pair of costume shoes), Elsa always has a parallel item. However, the inverse that every Elsa-based merch has an Anna version is false- over half of all items featuring Elsa solo is exclusive to her.

The other fact is that while there is merchandise of Elsa & Anna, Elsa & Olaf, Elsa, Anna, & Olaf, Elsa solo, & Olaf solo (particularly for boys), you will practically NEVER see merchandise like shirts featuring only Anna or Anna & Olaf.

I have also found that you can tell which Disney Princess really sells or Disney is trying to promote by looking at the Disney Store's selection of nightgowns. So there's nightgowns of Cinderella, Ariel, Rapunzel, & of course several of Elsa, but none for Tiana or Anna.
>>
>>80761980
Elsa and Hans are cute together. Please leave.
>>
>>80761816
Did Target order too much Anna? Was Target at that point receiving equal amounts of both sisters? Thank you for your responses!
>>
>>80761364
I worked for Target Canada (Victoria, BC) in early 2014 when Frozen was out. Had lots of the characters until someone reported on the news that they were scarce and people were eBaying them at inflated prices. Overnight we were sold out and out of stock for 3 months.
>>
YOU SAY
THE PRICE OF MY ICE IS NOT A PRICE YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY
>>
>>80761980
Thanks for the pep talk.

But seriously, out of all the characters in Frozen, those are the two that can be explored further.
>>
>>80762116
you can't order one specific doll, you order the assortment box of the line of dolls. So the dolls for the generic Frozen line would generally have four Annas, four Elsas two Kristoffs and two Hanses. The amounts are usually the same but one time we have four of Hans though that was strange it took a while to lose that. When something is "Shortpacked" that's when that figure typically only comes one or two to an assortment box.

A lot of the time our ordering was fucked up because we'd get the initial shipment, usually only one or two boxes, and then fucking sell out until a month later when we would get ten or twenty fucking boxes.
>>
>>80762170
Ah, the popularity effect of when someone claims something is popular.
>>
File: awesome, wow.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
awesome, wow.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
>>80762212
I dug the reference before I even realized that they're both Jonathan Groff.

By the way, do you happen to know where to get a high-res bootleg of Hamitlon? I got a low-res version but I can't find the 8+ GB original file.
>>
>Stealth Frozen Thread #124443244

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>80762483
>actual discussion about Kristoff instead of piles and piles of Elsanna fan-art

Yeah, what a sneaky thread.
>>
>>80762571
This, anon clearly wasn't around to see the actual frozen generals.

>>80762483
go look at them over on the other chan if you really want to know what it's like.
>>
>>80762269
If all the dolls came in the same box, that likely means you couldn't put Anna on sale without putting Elsa on sale. How would you get rid of Anna to stop her from stockpiling in the back? I'd guess if Target donated any Frozen merch to charity, it was basically all Anna dolls...

I wonder if Disney realizes how awful a character Anna is...
>>
File: 1416621614675.jpg (266 KB, 800x882) Image search: [Google]
1416621614675.jpg
266 KB, 800x882
>>80762419
sorry nope but I too fellow connoisseur of bootlegs and on the rare occasion pro shots

do you have any good sources?
>>
>>80759121
>>80759158
Oh. Well damn, was thinking of looking for it. I was hoping there'd be some DEEPEST LORE instead of yet another story where Elsa and Anna party and Kristoff gets shooped out.
>>
>>80762619
>How would you get rid of Anna to stop her from stockpiling in the back?
You don't.
If all the pegs are full of Anna dolls then any new boxes go to the back and stay there, if they sell down a new box is opened and some of it's contents replenish the pegs. Eventually if she doesn't sell down and the dolls are discontinued and then replaced with a new version the old ones are basically thrown out. That's the problem with peg warmers, if they never sell, none of the other contents of those boxes ever gets put out (and stores don't order more assortment boxes unless their stock sells). Peg warmers kill toy aisles.
>>
>>80758021
Do you have a source for that Bell quitting comment? Because I would love it if all of the story problems Anna has are because of that fuck up.
>>
>>80762642
I got Hamilton from KickassTorrents. And there's a nice bootleg thread on tehparadox.com with a fair number of mega links. Other than that people mostly seem to trade with each other, which is hard to get into unless you already have a good collection. A lot of them advertise on musicalexchange.livejournal.com.

Sorry if you already know all that. I'm not an expert on the bootleg scene. I really wish there were a nice tracker for it. Individual trading is silly in the internet era.

What about you? You know of anything good?
>>
>>80762810
I've watched a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff for Frozen and I don't think it's true. I know she wanted Anna to be clumsy instead of Snow-White-perfect (i.e. bland as hell), but I don't think she ever threatened to quit.

I'm pretty sure that anon is being a shit.
>>
>>80762810
Because interviews are all about promoting a project, it is a very rare exception for the article to include anything that can paint anybody or anything in a negative light. However, it was heavily implied if you read between the lines.

This segment of an interview is from http://classymommy.com/interview-with-frozens-kristen-bell-disneyfrozenevent/

This interview was with Kristen Bell & she's admitting it while glazing over details. Kristen Bell was signed on as the lead from the reboot of production, & maybe it was her celebrity status or her charm, but Bell was certainly demanding & production just accepted it.

>Question: How did you incorporate your ideas into Anna?
>Kristen Bell: Well luckily, I pushed! I have a lot of opinions. If I’m being told to shut up, you’re going to hear ‘em first.
>So I came in and I was like, you know what, why does the sidekick get all the jokes? And no one had an answer, ’cause that’s the way they’ve done it, that’s the formula. And I said, well forget the formula! Why can’t you write a funny heroine? Why can’t you write a funny main character?
>I kept just kept pushing for places where I thought she could be funny and goofy.
>In my eyes, the beauty of Anna is that she’s so imperfect and so embraces all of her imperfections
>Kristin asked if she could just, ” talk for a while, do the scene as I would, and they always said yes, and it always made it in.”
>>
>>80763027
I use soul seek, torrents like you, good old fashioned youtube and various streaming sites, and once in a while blogs.

We had a nice hearty musical discussion on /tv/ a couple of days ago. We even had a nice chat about the whole musical bootleg trading community. I personally dislike it too as do many others. We get some nice musical threads once in a blue moon.

Thread is still on the 4chan archive.
>>>/tv/66987967
>>
>>80763245
Nice. I'll check out that thread and soul seek. Thanks.
>>
>>80762810
Another different interview with Kristen Bell.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/18/interview-kristen-bell-voiceover-queen-on-frozen-veronica-mars-more.html

>When you were offered Anna in Frozen, you asked them to rewrite the role. How was she originally written?
>It was very much a collaboration. It wasn’t that I asked them to rewrite her so much as I offered up wild suggestions around every corner. It was a surprisingly collaborative process, actually, because they wanted the movie to be very truthful. And I was put in a position where they were ready to hear my opinions on the subject, and that isn’t always why an actor gets hired. So I was lucky.
>She was written just plainer. More general. In the first draft of the script she was written more, in my opinion, prissy. She was kind of specific and very girly. And to me, it just wasn’t appealing. There were some fun parts to it, as anyone who’s a bit anal retentive is also funny to watch. But to me it wasn’t what I felt like I wanted to play. She wasn’t as likeable as she could have been.

I must empathize the part "But to me it wasn’t what I felt like I wanted to play." That's not how actors work, Bell. Bell was pompous enough to believe that she could pick & choose what role she wants to play & made Jennifer Lee rewrite the script accordingly.
>>
>>80763577
>>80763162
So basically Bell turned a character that made some sense into a scatterbrained klutz?
>>
>>80763655
Or she made a generic cookie-cutter princess into an endearingly dorky one.
>>
>>80763725
those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
a cookie cutter character can make sense, while an endearingly dorky one can be a scatterbrain that makes none.
>>
>>80763655
Yup. Jennifer Lee danced around it in an interview. Source: http://www.iamrogue.com/news/interviews/item/10188-iar-exclusive-interview-directors-chris-buck-and-jennifer-lee-talk-frozen.html

>How large a role does casting play in creating the characters? Do the characters change once you cast actors to voice them?
>Lee: That’s definitely a huge part of it. Usually with the casting it affects the character’s personality, which is wonderful because all you’re doing is getting a better, more specific voice. You always want a character that is totally uniquely that character. The ideal thing in animation is that you get to work with the actor and develop it so it’s even more special, but it’s more personality in terms of the bigger arcs and things. You’re still pushing them and there’s a tug of war a lot with how flawed a character should be. Can you carry a story where her only flaw is coming of age and is that enough for today’s audience? Does she have to be even more flawed? There are elements of it that we didn’t land on with Anna until late into production, so we changed some of the animation to support it. It feels like from the very beginning it’s always growing. We can play in the recording studio. It’s not like you have limited film. We get to cut and paste whatever we want and we do a lot more of that at the beginning because you’re finding the voice. Then you get into a groove where it’s pretty solid. But in the beginning you leave room to just test and try. We did that with all of them actually.
>>
>>80763577
If Anna didn't differ from Elsa's personality, that would have been odd. Their dynamic was more important than hers and Kristoff's.
>>
>>80763577
That version of Anna does sound really boring though. We've already had enough Cinderellas and Snow Whites and Auroras.
>>
>>80763725
Kristen Bell is not a writer. She has no right to be imposing her demands on the writers. It's frankly disgusting to see an actress being given so much power & a studio surrendering such power for a name.
>>
>>80763876
I think part of the idea would be that Kristoff, being the opposite of everything Anna's lived with for, what 13 years? would bring that side out in her.

Honestly, I could see it as Anna is the same girl at the start, but the accident and Elsa not talking to her any more makes her more of the "good but boring princess girl" then finally getting out of the castle, seeing the world and experiencing life brings back that girl from before.

In stead she's a klutzy little sister that never learns to be anything but, even though she's apparently a princess and had thirteen years of teaching to tell her that, no you don't slide down the banisters at fifty miles per hour.
>>
>>80761417
>Well, at least Elsa & Hans are complex characters with plenty of potential for character development.
Well I'm not sure I'd agree with the complex characters part but that's really just it isn't it? I mean for all this talk about how Frozen was in the end all people care about was Elsa (and the marketing for Elsa). I do not get the feeling that people actually liked this "movie" as a whole

Like if down the line, I realize that the only thing people talked about for Zootopia was Nick and Judy, it'd be like well no fucking duh, it's a buddy cop movie, nobody talks about anybody in Rush Hour but Tucker and Chan or Tango and Cash. (Though that wouldn't happen because of how much Zootopia's themes are part of the public conciousness as much as Let it Go was)
>>
File: early anna.jpg (33 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
early anna.jpg
33 KB, 500x221
>>80763876
Check out this concept art of an early Anna. I don't know about you, but I would've much rather enjoyed watching a royal brat be exposed to the nastiness of the wilderness than a girl who takes charge without having any merit to leadership.
>>
>>80763577
>>80763789
So it's the actor's fault that the writer is a hack?

>Can you carry a story where her only flaw is coming of age and is that enough for today’s audience? Does she have to be even more flawed?
This is some real sub-moron shit.
>>
Was there a male lead in The Princess and the Frog?
I honestly don't remember
>>
File: Naveen am best Prince.png (282 KB, 705x603) Image search: [Google]
Naveen am best Prince.png
282 KB, 705x603
>>80764198
yeah.
>>
>>80764198
How can you forget Naveen? He was the best character in the movie behind Fallicier
>>
>>80764078
>a royal brat be exposed to the nastiness of the wilderness
I'm pretty sure that's happened plenty of times before because it sounds really boring.
>>
>>80749670
He's an ice harvester in a movie with a queen that can magically create ice.
Poor guy.
>>
File: let it go.gif (2 MB, 462x320) Image search: [Google]
let it go.gif
2 MB, 462x320
>>80764387
Elsa can't be arsed to deliver it though. So he still has a job. And a cushier one at that.
>>
>>80764316
Well, Jane struggled with the wild initially, Clayton just had a bad attitude, & Kuzco was gonna bitch regardless of wherever his ass laid. There still has not been a Disney Princess who struggles with the wilderness.

Because of Kristen Bell's insistance, Anna ultimately had no psychological obstacles & thus nothing to develop her as a character. It was a lost opportunity.
>>
>>80763936
What are you on about? Actors collaborate with writers and directors all the time. Its completely reasonable for them to, within reason, contribute their own ideas and influence, help shape the character, and add their own touches. Actors aren't just there to be props to fill up the screen and read off a sheet, they are also there to is to bring the character to life.
>>
>>80764109
No, Jennifer Lee was at fault too. She was a director & she should have put her foot down to Bell's requests. But, that's what you get when you appoint someone a director who had only worked on a single feature-length & short prior.

Also, WTF did Jennifer Lee think was the coming-of-age aspect to Anna's story?
>>
>>80764761
part of acting is, yes, to give real life to the character, and that often means giving writers and directors advice on what you think the character would do, how they feel about things, and so on. But in the end it is the writers who define the character's personality, while the actor inhabits it and gives it presence.

If Bell was able to rewrite the character so much as the quotes imply it means that the character wasn't very well written to begin with, or they simply didn't have much of an idea for what the character was at all.
>>
>>80764848
Her parents died I guess. Babby's first coming-of-age
>>
File: 7e7.jpg (62 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
7e7.jpg
62 KB, 600x516
>Talking shit about Based Bjorgman
>>
>actually go to the frozengeneral's chan
>invite them to join in on an actual discussion of the movie
>they just continue on with posting lesbian pictures and talking about fanfiction

this is completely dumbfounding they really just don't care about the movie at all, do they?

I think you all are right. I don't think anyone actually likes this movie itself.
>>
>>80765056
My little cousin loved it. A tiny sample of autists doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>80765056
No, you posted a "this sucks and since I'm clearly trolling nothing you say will be of value" and now you're admitting to trolling so it's good no one rose to the bait.
>>
he's pretty based in the live shows
>>
>>80765056
Here's your three replies, attention whore.
>>
>>80764761
Actors typically add a few little details such as subtle acting movements. Anika Noni Rose requested that Princess Tiana be a southpaw like her, & think they made the same decision with Elsa to reflect Idina Menzel. Kristen Bell's requests ranged from the minor detail of making Princess Anna crosseyed (which really just adds character to her design, so I would have approved of that suggestion) to changing the entire attitude of the character, the protagonist at that, which uprooted the entire story. It's worse than catering to Molly Ringwald's wish to get with the cool guy instead of John Cryer in the end of Pretty in Pink, but at least Ringwald can be excused as a vapid teenager at the time.
>>
>>80765137
Kristoff face actors have the most fun because the character has zero backstory so they can basically say anything and remain in canon. He doesn't even have to be that nice because "reindeers are better than people"
>>
>>80765207
He's also the only likeable person in the story.
>>
>>80765207
>he could dropkick a child and yell curses in norwegian and still be canon
>>
>>80764006
"Fixer Upper" would have made much more sense & been actually enjoyable if they retained prissy Princess Anna & recluse Kristoff. The final project did not address Kristoff as a pee-behind-the-tree mountainman enough who really needed a civilized influence to make him more presentable & sanitary.
>>
File: HANS TIME.jpg (264 KB, 1026x1200) Image search: [Google]
HANS TIME.jpg
264 KB, 1026x1200
>>80749670
That's okay. It had a good male villain
>>
>>80765373
a lot of the story didn't make sense after the rewrite.
>>
>>80765373
The movie just needed to be longer, with a tiny bit more of everything.
>>
>>80749670

Anna and Kristoff were a little too derivative of Rapunzel and Flynn. Elsa and Han were the most interesting characters in the movie.
>>
>>80765388
me on the top left
>>
>>80765436
Rapunzel was a tad socially awkward because she had only interacted with one other human before then. Anna's social awkwardness was turned up to 11 lol just cuz.

Flynn, back when he was known as Bastion, was a big, buff, quiet gentle giant. They tried to replicate that with Kristoff, but I feel that Groff's voice may have been too prettyboy. If they really wanted to sell Kristoff on the mountainman concept, he probably shouldn't have bothered going to the village just for the coronation celebration & should have been given a gruff, unkempt Norwegian beard.
>>
>>80765056
I sure as hell didn't. Quality incest art was the best thing it ever did.
>>
>>80764078
So...a version of Anna that didn't give a fuck about Elsa?
Nice.
>>
>>80765709
Why would she even go out there if she didn't care about Elsa?
>>
>>80765388
I already said Hans is one of the three things people talk about.
>>
>>80749670
he was cute in frozen fever
>>
>>80757998
Not really. The point of being a prince is to live with the female lead in his castle, not to live on her fucking restaurant
>>
File: Hans oh shit.jpg (105 KB, 1920x856) Image search: [Google]
Hans oh shit.jpg
105 KB, 1920x856
>>80765388
Oddly, none of your screengrabs of Prince Hans is of the confrontation with Queen Elsa at the ice palace or the conversation with her in the castle dungeon.
>>
>>80765931
>The point of being a prince is to live with the female lead in his castle
Yeah maybe in the old fairy tales
>>
>>80766505
Tiana was only a princess in marital name only. I wonder what would happen if Naveen & her were called upon to take over royal duties in Maldonia.
>>
>>80766595
Naveen was a rejected by his parents, that's why he wanted to find a rich wife, to continue with his life of luxuries. Also, he has a younger brother that can take his place. The point is that he's a commoner now
>>
>>80763577
This honestly sounds to me like Kristen Bell saved the character from being a boring paint by numbers disney princess. Good god are people complaining about this because she wasn't some perfect prissy super typical disney girl?
>>
>>80765148
Yeah shit like this doesnt happen if you arent pretty precious kristen bell. you wouldn't see james woods going in on the role of Hades or something and having it changed from a typical skeevy evil guy to a 'hey how yah doin' charismatic huckster or some shit, thus creating one of the few redeeming elements in the movie.
That kinda actor induced change just never happens. Cos disney don't put up with that shit except for Kristen bell.
>>
>>80765400
people keep mentioning this. how it didnt make sense. what is it that didn't make sense?
>>
>>80766743
Read some of the responses to the posted interviews. Anna went from a character that complimented Kristoff's unrefined ways & would have actually struggled in the film to a character with no redeeming qualities yet somehow dodges any character development. Prissy Anna would have no longer been classified with Ariel & Rapunzel as adventurous, perky princesses & would add variety to post-Walt Disney Princesses. Kristen Bell's Anna is just a lesser knock-off Rapunzel who is a fuck-up in every way possible yet still expects to be a beloved addition to Disney.
>>
>>80766927
I could give a fuck about how she complimented Kristoff, she was a far more important character. I also don't care that she was similar in ways to a whole two other disney princesses. From the shit posted here about how the character was changed this version of the character we got seemed far more interesting to go on a journey with than what sounded like a paint by numbers sheltered girl.

I dunno Ive see the 'brash uncouth vagabond man having to drag around the prissy snobbish all about minding p's and q's rich girl' plenty. So i'm not gonna blame her for being part of that not happening.
>>
>>80766854
Not the same. James Woods inspired the writers to take a new direction with the character following his audition. They changed the character to fit this new pitch. Woods was signed onto the project after his audition.

Kristen Bell never really auditioned for the role. Some directors/producers approached her after she auditioned for Rapunzel & assigned her to the starring role of Frozen which was restarting development. So Kristen Bell is handed the story & details on the character she is playing & says she's not going to play that character. Something went down & Jennifer Lee cowered to Bell's demands.

The writers of Hercules rewrote Hades because they wanted to. The writers of Frozen rewrote Anna because Kristen Bell said so.
>>
>>80766927
She would be a fuckup either way, what's wrong with a fuckup? Aladdin was pretty retarded but he managed.
>>
>>80767115
>INNNNNNNNNDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Or wait, was that the other one?
>>
>>80767115
Kristen Bell's Anna, the final product, was a shit character. She has nothing going for her, nothing challenging her, & nothing that changes her in the end despite being the protag. There is nothing redeeming about the character, but if you love her, I can't make you change your mind. But I will think of you as a shallow idiot who probably only likes Anna because she's a easy whore.
>>
>>80767238
It's okay if a character starts as a failure, but they have to improve over the course of the film. Anna was the same shit from beginning to end.

Aladdin was a liar, but he was clever.
>>
>>80758021
>>80766927

We don't need Anna to be a prim and prissy and proper princess when we already have Elsa for that (admittedly without the prissy).

The sibling dynamic between them is far more important than some stinky mountain man we don't meet until halfway through the movie. And I'm saying that as someone who likes Kristoff.
>>
>>80767329
She might be the protagonist but it isn't her story. It's Elsa's, she's the one who was challenged and changed as a character by the end.
>>
daily reminder that fixer upper is the final song in the movie
>>
>>80767431
We didn't need Anna to be a complete fuck-up throughout the movie either. She really needed to grow from her experience in the film; she didn't.
>>
>>80767478
Shame really, because it was supposed to be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8vzz_7ufr4

Probably wouldn't have made sense without the first part though, seeing as it's a reprise.
>>
>>80767477
Then why the fuck should we give a damn about Anna? Anytime I rewatch the film I skip through most of the second act because nothing happens other than moving from location a to location b.
>>
>>80767478
Was it even a grand finale? It's like halfway into the movie
>>
Kristoff is my favorite character in Frozen and one of my favorite Disney men. It's so annoying how everyone ignores or hates him.
>>
>>80767557
Two-thirds really. But it's not abnormal for the second half of a Disney musical to have less songs. See "Kiss de Girl", "A Girl Worth Fighting For", & "I See the Light".
>>
>>80767624
I'm still salty there's no second pic of Hans
>>
>>80765056
>they really just don't care about the movie at all
No, /frz/ at this point is much more about believing in their lesbian incest headcanon so hard they see it as more canon than the movie itself, so they prefer to just post lesbian fanart and repeat empty phrases about purity and the hot sex Elsa and Anna surely have all the time.

Discussing the movie is an unpleasant reminder that the lez incest isn't actually canon at all, so they avoid it
>>
File: frozen sticks.jpg (51 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
frozen sticks.jpg
51 KB, 390x600
I work at a packaging plant that makes something like pic related, but cheese squares instead and one time me and a work m8 purposefully filled bags with only this smug son of a bitches faces.

we did a few bags with all Olaf as well, probably the funniest thing to occur at this packaging plant.
>>
>>80749670
Who is this?
>>
File: shrug.gif (3 MB, 325x411) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
3 MB, 325x411
>>80770640
... Sven
>>
>>80759121
>because hot lesbians
But that's where you're wrong!
cute lesbians > hot lesbians any day of the week.
>>
>>80770677
Exactly!
>>
>>80766872
Think about what the parents did to their children and how much sense is in that.
And that's just for starters.
>>
>>80767477
No I think it's supposed to be about Anna. They're just afraid to admit her multiple flaws, so there's not much development
>>
>>80757304
>The prince is retconned into a thief

Are you implying girls don't like rogue thief types? I mean Flynn was specifically made to be as attractive as possible to grills.
>>
>>80749711
Roman men like Hiro.

Just because you don't see him paired off with the girls dose not mean he's not popular.
>>
File: whiz kid.jpg (293 KB, 553x941) Image search: [Google]
whiz kid.jpg
293 KB, 553x941
>>80772885
Hiro should've been a whiz kid with glasses.
>>
>>80749670

Literally who.
>>
>>80749711
without hiro who would we get all the porn of?
>>
>>80767624
why doesn't this artist do porn?
>>
>>80757304
>Tangled: The prince is retconned into a thief
I think that's an improvement to the story and him more interesting.
>>
>>80758021
Thank you for showing me the light, anon.
>>
Most male love interests are forgettable

Except kuzco
>>
File: 1371868964972.jpg (156 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
1371868964972.jpg
156 KB, 863x752
>Frozen Official Books
>Frozen Official Magazines
>Frozen Official Comic Books
>Rumored Frozen Northen Lights Short in 2016
>30 Minute Frozen Short in TV in 2017
>Frozen 2 in 2018

The Ride Never Ends.
>>
>>80774249
I just hope they'd bring Frozen II earlier than 2018, but seeing the news about the Holiday special in 2017 it's rather unlikely.

Still, I can't wait for more info about Northern Lights
>>
>>80774000
It's because he was the protagonist and not the love interest
>>
>>80774249

Good.

More People wont stop making Frozen Porn then.
>>
>>80774249
Frozen is Disney's Cars now I think
>>
>>80774905
I thought Planes was Disney's Cars.
>>
File: 1419893715215.jpg (78 KB, 400x369) Image search: [Google]
1419893715215.jpg
78 KB, 400x369
>>80774905

>Cars
>Disney
>>
>>80749670
That ain't Taran and the Prince from Snow White
>>
I wanted him and anna to get a song. felt cheated that the love song was with douchefuck.
>>
>>80770533
I want you to know that I find that hilarious
>>
>>80761418
Good? It's the same thing Disney has been feeding us for the past few films. Scamp that needs to be fixed.

Meanwhile Elsa is the closest thing we had to a female protagonist character with a flaw and she's still terrible.
>>
>>80774905
Frozen will, hopefully, be Disney's Toy Story or Shrek. Or Mission: Impossible
>>
Hey /co/, I've heard that a big reason why frozen often feels lackluster in certain aspects is because it had a pretty fraught production? Does anyone have any deets?
>>
>>80779606
Frozen "started" production at the same time The Little Mermaid did, basically right after Snow White. It kept on getting brought back and then pushed back over and over again, but none of that really matters.

The movie was initially written with Elsa being the main villain and basically being saved by Anna's love for her sister. The original version of Let it Go was as a villain song (and if you read the lyrics in that way it's very easy to see it as such) with Elsa knowing, and not really caring that the kingdom was going to freeze. Later on she even threatens the guards (possibly the Duke's) who come to her palace.

This idea was dropped when Menzel decided that the song was "Defying Gravity 2.0". So they rewrote Elsa's parts in the movie and worked the other scenes around it with Hans now being a major antagonist instead of a more minor one. This all happened somewhere around half a year to a year before the movie was to be released.
>>
Do you think Disney dare to give Elsa male romance interest in next movie?
>>
File: Snow-Queen-Storyboard.jpg (1012 KB, 4911x2818) Image search: [Google]
Snow-Queen-Storyboard.jpg
1012 KB, 4911x2818
>>80779952
Actually, Frozen had three different plotlines before settling on the "sister sacrifices herself for the snow queen" plot.
1. Back when Walt Disney was interested in a HCA project, he was going to tell The Little Mermaid & The Snow Queen, the fairytale Frozen is "based" off of. In The Snow Queen, a little boy is abducted by the Snow Queen & his little girl friend goes to the end of the Earth to find him.
2. I believe during the mid 2000s before the Pixar buyout writers were throwing around the idea of a mountainman wooing the evil, elusive Snow Queen in a romantic comedy. It's not brought up much, so I pulled up a storyboard & attached it to this post.
3. Most of you may be most familiar with the Anna and the Snow Queen rendition. In this, Anna, a lanky, in-control redhead, is jilted at the altar & runs away to find a Bette Middler Drama Queen Snow Queen to freeze her heart & stop the pain of her heartbreak.
>>
>>80780582
Elsa is a lesbian.
>>
File: elsa.jpg (1 MB, 1433x6172) Image search: [Google]
elsa.jpg
1 MB, 1433x6172
>>80779606
Like the other anon said, apparently they loved Idina Menzel's take on "Let it go" so much that they reworked Elsa's character at a late stage. There are a bunch of deleted scenes and concept art that show her with a fairly confident and feisty demeanor. In some of the earliest story drafts, she was even villainous enough to freeze Anna's heart on purpose, and she tried to stop her from getting that kiss with Hans. But Menzel's singing made the people at Disney feel like the character should be well-intentioned, and they decided to make her more vulnerable and insecure about her powers.
So yeah, Elsa's character got softened pretty late into the production and the conflict between the two sisters got toned down too. Some of the deleted scenes show pretty good potential, and losing them probably hurt the story.
>>
>>80781648
not only that, some of those shots were used for promotion even.
>>
File: 129_taof.png (2 MB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
129_taof.png
2 MB, 1300x1000
>>80781648
Do you happen to know the source of those scans? I know they're from "The Art of Frozen", but the colors look a bit different than the copy I have. I'm wondering if it's from a different/better scan.
>>
>>80780864
I love concept art and hate image compression so here's a slightly better pic of that. I doubt most people care (which is fine) but it's got fewer compression artifacts when you zoom in.
>>
>>80780582
On the one hand, I hope not, because I would like to see her with Marisol, but on the other, I don't want Disney to show her going gay, because tumblrcunts are going to get even mores insufferable about it than they are now.
>>
>>80781648
When Elsa was reimagined as a sympathetic figure, Anna went from a sweet prissy princess who was sick of having a bully of an older sister to somone that hung onto her perception of Elsa as a little girl for much too long.
>>
>>80783644
Actually never mind. It seems like 4chan compressed it anyway. That file is different than what I uploaded and it looks like the other one now.

Anyone who wants the original can go here:
http://artofdisney.canalblog.com/archives/2009/10/21/15514537.html
>>
>>80783680
>I want a gay princess but I don't want *them* getting a gay princess.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face, bro.
>>
>>80759018
She gives them something to plow. the snow.
>>
>>80783458
Not that guy, but which version do you have? I know there are at least two scans of the book.
>>
File: elsa2.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
elsa2.jpg
152 KB, 1600x1066
>>80783458
Your eyes are just playing tricks on you. I compiled the pic from a bunch of Art of Frozen scans, like you said. And in my copy of the book, the page you posted there has exactly the same filename and image size as it has on your pic.
>>
>>80783795
Sure, bro, fuck off. You don't even know how far tumblr will go in their faggotry if gay Elsa ever happens. They can't ever accept anything as it is and are going to twist it to shit and spam it everywhere.
>>
>>80783867
You trigger easily huh? Kids movies might too much for you.
>>
>>80783902
>trigger easily
Oh fuck off back to tumblr you massive faggot, I'm not your boogeyman.
>>
>>80783867
But wouldn't tumblr be all in support of a lesbian Elsa?

What am I thinking?! Tumblr, satisfied?!
>>
>>80781648
Oh fuck, I love Claire Keane's look on the top right there. She looks just like a surly teenager. That hair, that stance, those boots.
>Nobody understands me!
>>
>>80783815
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvi77rfs9zdvp9v/taof%282%29.rar

It's the one from ScanAnon from /frz/. She posted the scan and then later posted a slightly updated version of the same scan (with most pages left untouched). I think this is the updated version.

Do you know if the other scan is better? Would you happen to know where to get it?
>>
>>80780582
>dare
I dunno, hetero romance is pretty risky
>>
>>80784031
Oh, and more of her scans are here.
http://kbtrip.tumblr.com/tagged/scans

Based scananon.
>>
>>80774249
>Rumored Frozen Northen Lights Short in 2016
What's this? And how can a short be "rumored"? Either they've announced it or they haven't.
>>
>>80784031
The other's 1.4gigs, it's a little stretched around the edges from moving the page on the scanner bed or whatever. I got it off torrent, look around on the usual sites, it's gotta be there somewhere.
>>
>>80749670
Perhaps he is, but it doesn't help that either you love the movie Frozen or you don't. There's really no middle ground camp. In my case I often mercifully forget this film exists. It's super overblown by hype, more than most things I've ever seen. But if you enjoy it, that's fine.
>>
>>80749670
didn't care for the movie but I liked him.

Kinda woulda like it better if the movie was just about anna and kristoff faring in the insane blizzard / scenery porn. But then again that doesn't really have a plot.
>>
>>80749670
Hated him. Way preferred Hans. Would like Hans' redemption and him getting Anna back somehow. A man can dream...
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.