[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cartoon Network Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Cartoon-Network-Original-LOGO.png (67 KB, 2000x571) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon-Network-Original-LOGO.png
67 KB, 2000x571
Any thoughts about it in particular that's been running in your head, /co/?
>>
>>80742399
S C H E D U L I N G
>>
>>80742399
The channel has been shit for the last 10 years.
>>
>>80742498
Coincidentally, you were a kid 10 years ago
>>
Not really, no. It's been doing okay lately, I guess? Could maybe use more variety.
>>
>>80742399
The fuck is up with the bomb format and the leaks
Seriously what the hell are they thinking
>>
>>80742399
What's up with SU's scheduling? It's been more than two months without an episode.
>>
>>80742645
I honestly don't know why they went with it other than the apparently exciting name. Now I'm just wondering what countries get the worse delay.
>>
>>80742399
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
N E W E P I S O D E S W H E N
>>
>>80742399
I don't watch CN anymore because it got dubbed in my native country's language and it sucks
But I do follow whats going with channel and it's the same it always has been,pretty damn good
>>
Whats Rebecca Sugar's salary?
>>
>>80742777
>>80742851

Remember, everyone. It doesn't have to be only about SU's scheduling issues. Anything CN related goes.
>>
File: shrug.png (20 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
20 KB, 275x200
>>80742399
The only show I can watch and enjoy without formulating major negative criticisms is Gumball.
>>
>>80742399
I think the current lineup is pretty good, but their scheduling for practically all of their shows has been ridiculous. How hard is it to premiere a new 11 minute episode once every week?
>>
>>80742936
Well, I can tell you they do it for Regular Show and We Bare Bears on Thursdays if we're lucky.
>>
File: 1432106111184.png (70 KB, 3788x1110) Image search: [Google]
1432106111184.png
70 KB, 3788x1110
>>
>>80742964
>if we're lucky.
That's the thing, this shouldn't be a rare occurrence

I wonder if it would be possible to go back and compare CN's current treatment of premieres to how it was around 10-15 years ago. Maybe it was just my childish perception, but it seemed a lot more consistent back then
>>
I haven't sat down and watched Adventure Time or Regular Show in years. Maybe not since like Season 3 for either show.
Clarence and Uncle Grandpa aren't bad but I don't really like either that much.
I like Gumball and Steven Universe.
Teen Titans Go is sometimes good and sometimes bad, depending on the episode.
>>
>>80742980
>le tumblr meme
>>
>>80742980
Go to bed Nick.
>>
>>80744970
Oh, forgot about We Bare Bears
It's fine.
>>
>>80742399
Lakewood Plaza Turbo fucking when?
>>
>>80742980
xD
>>
>>80742399
When's the upfront?
>>
>>80745060
Never, thankfully.
>>
The network is succeeding on some series that performed well for a while but is the victim of a massive talent drain to places like Disney and elsewhere. Most of their attempts at new programming are flops both critically and in terms of ratings. They can't schedule for shit, too. If their long-standing successful shows they lucked into start ending, they'll be fucked.

A network in decline, really.
>>
File: Vishnu.png (279 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Vishnu.png
279 KB, 800x800
>>
>>80745113
>Never thankfully
I just want a new show that isn't a reboot.
>>
>>80745152
Teen Titans Go Monkey Go, Mojo Jojo.
>>
>>80745151
>Most of their attempts at new programming are flops both critically and in terms of ratings.
Which ones?
>>
>>80745152
this seems counterintuitive
>>
>>80742964
actually RS has been moved to saturday evenings with AT
>>
>>80745054
How long until we bare bears starts to age like milk
>>
>>80747018
Shit, I dropped that show like 5 episodes ago.
>>
>>80742399

I'm disappointed in what it's becoming. All of their cartoons are the same.

Maybe I'm a nostalgiafag, but I miss the days cartoon cartoons and shit, when shows were actually unique from one another. And when the designs and animations didn't feel so artificial.

Now that said, the new shows are good. Alot of it is very well written. But it really feels like a result of them being lazy asshats when it comes to the actual design and animation.

It's not hard to write these shows really well when you barely put any affort into that animations and designs.
>>
>>80746645
Yeah, they call the block "Regular Time Adventure Show."

I'm just happy they're showing weekly new episodes of them again, rather than bombs.
>>
NO CARTOON NETWORK I DON'T WANT TITANS GO SHOVED INTO MY FACE EVERY OTHER HALF HOUR

otherwise it's near-golden
>>
>>80745026
gave me a hearty chuckle
>>
File: 1425702033467.jpg (41 KB, 437x410) Image search: [Google]
1425702033467.jpg
41 KB, 437x410
Okay /co/, let's take a poll

>Favorite Cartoon Cartoon
>Favorite classic CN character
>Current favorite show
>Favorite memory of old CN
>What's one thing you would change about current CN
>If you could take away one show on the current lineup in favor of rebooting an older show, would you? Which ones?
>>
>>80742399
What the fuck happened to Boomerang?
>>
>>80752122
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Buttercup
>Current favorite show
Steven Universe
CN City bumpers
Keep in touch with the fans, let us know what's up with scheduling and when to expect new episodes.
>If you could take away one show on the current lineup in favor of rebooting an older show, would you? Which ones?
Looking at their currently original programming...Mixels? If I had to pick something to be more controversial, Uncle Grandpa. I'd pick TTGo but honestly it's pretty bareable despite beng shoved in our faces.
A few years ago I would've said to reboot PPG but uh...ah...right. Well if we can get a GOOD reboot, I say continue Sym-Bionic Titan.
>>
File: 1454250260386.png (97 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454250260386.png
97 KB, 557x605
>>80752122
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Edd(aka Double-D)
>Current favorite show
The Amazing World of Gumball
CalArts style is off limits to every show except AT and SU.
Uncle Grandpa = Gone
Symbionic Titan = Rebooted

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 1407894553026.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1407894553026.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>80752122
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Sheep
>Current favorite show
Steven Universe
Hearing that Sheep in the Big City was going to premiere, thinking it would be the stupidest thing ever and taking up my brother on a dare to watch it. We both watched it and found it surprisingly hilarious.
Consistent scheduling. Every Thursday for new episodes during the school year. Bombs during the summer. Advertise the transitions well.
Rebooting an older show is an awful idea. I want Sym Bionic Titan to resume but I don't want a reboot. Most shows have had their fair run and I don't think digging up stuff from the grave is ever good for it. Mystery Inc is the only time I think a reboot was a good thing.
>>
>>80752122

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Ed
>Current favorite show
Tie between SU and AT
Watching the Ed boys live out my childhood dream of going down a river on a makeshift boat.
Really cut down on TTGo each day to like an episode or two a day. Probably replace one of it's old slots with Bunnicula or something.
>Kinda hard to say what I would cut, mostly because there is a lot of filler crap. Probably TTGo or that new lego show and I would see how a reboot of Johnny Bravo would fare in this day and age but I wouldn't expect a whole lot from it.
>>
>>80745152
Fronts?
>>
>>80752122
Billy and Mandy or Dexter's Lab
Mandy
>Current favorite show
Steven Universe
AS premiere, rocked my world
Give everything a constant schedule, make the bomb format only an occasional thing with shorter hiatuses
>If you could take away one show on the current lineup in favor of rebooting an older show, would you?
No
>>
>>80742980
The fuck is "Tumblrc"
>>
>>80742652
I believe that they may be delaying it until after the ppg reboot airs so that fans of it will become thirsty for something new and be more likely to check out the ppg reboot.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.