[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished this and I thought it was fantastic. Wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
File: Young_Justice_TV_series.png (104 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Young_Justice_TV_series.png
104 KB, 250x375
So I just finished this and I thought it was fantastic. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

I hope it gets a third season but I feel like it was probably just a rumour that spun out of control.

Also, who is best character and why is it Impulse?
>>
Fuck you /co/, talk with me about YJ
>>
>>80741798
I hated Impulse. I always hate the spunky, way too enthusiastic, 2kewl4scool types. And yeah, I know that's just an act, but I still can't stomach it.

Best character is a tough one. I'd go with Wally, Conner and Megan sharing best character status. They all get some awesome character development, and are really compelling in their own unique ways.

As for the third season, the hype train seems to have died down, though I'd absolutely love it if they announced it's returning.
>>
>>80741886
But that's why he's so great, he seems like a brat at first but he's actually one of the biggest heroes of the whole show

>Megan

I like her until she went psycho bitch and mind raped people. I don't think she got the comeuppance she deserved
>>
>>80741135
Arsenal as the vengeful loose cannon was great. In a series full to bursting with your typical capes, I loved what a single-minded dick he could be. It's the same reason I loved the Red Arrow version of the character. He was just such an asshole, but I never got tired of any episode he was in. I dare say his trip to Rhelasia was my favorite single episode of part one.

>>80741895
>I don't think she got the comeuppance she deserved

Ditto

Sure, good to see she realizes what a horrible thing she had done, but remorse alone doesn't make it all better. I thought Connor was stupid just for considering hooking up with her again, guilt or no. He has no real guarantee she won't try to fuck his mind again.
>>
>>80741935
>you think Arsenal is releasing the good guys
>instead he lets Mongul out

kek, he was an asshole but he got results
>>
>>80741895
I'm currently rewatching it and am at the start of season 2, so I'll try to keep a more open mind about Bart this time. I think he just completely lost me the moment he showed up.

Actually, I think the thing that really pissed me the hell off about him was how he's this new kid, cocky as all hell, and HAHA LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER HE IS THAN WALLY THE GUY YOU SPENT ALL OF LAST SEASON LIKING OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW GRANDPA.

The fact that Wally was so slow compared to Barry and Bart was really annoying. They were probably going to address that after Wally got back from the SpeedForce, though.

And I think Megan's arc also got cut in the middle. I don't think that was supposed to be the end of it. She learned her lesson, I suppose, but she's still fundamentally broken inside. And she kinda needs Conner to help her remain in control.

I don't know, I've always liked the idea of a hero struggling to remain a hero. It's one of the reasons JLU made me go from the standard "lol superman's so lame" to absolutely loving him, since his portrayal wasn't that he's always perfect and always knows what's best - it was that everyone looks up to him and thinks he's perfect and knows best, but he's just as lost as everyone and it's a constant struggle to keep being the paragon everyone thinks he is. It's much more inspiring, I think - having to actually work at being a symbol, instead of naturally being one.
>>
>>80741960
I don't think they were trying to say Bart was better than Wally at all. They clearly show him to be so cocky/carefree that Wally seems grounded in comparison You're supposed to think he's just a goof so his true motivations are more interesting
>>
Black Beetle was really really really gay.
>>
>>80741950
Oh, I agree. I thought Nightwing was being a total cunt deciding to dress Arsenal down when they're still deep in enemy territory.

I know one of the sub-plots in S2 was his losing control of the team and making poor choices, but that was pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>80741984
They do show that later on in the season, but his first few appearances he makes a chump out of Wally. Talking superfast with Barry, seeing the whateverwaves that Neutron was radiating, and then he suddenly gets serious and gets shit done, etc. First impressions are hard to recover from, and my first impression of him was that I couldn't stand him.

But I see that a lot of people think he's the best part of season 2, so it's probably just me.
>>
>>80742014
I think that's totally on purpose though, you think he's just some brat and coming off season 1 you probably like Wally so you (the viewer) think he's annoying at first but then his backstory is revealed and he was cooler than you thought. Just seems very intentional to me, they knew how people would feel about him one upping Wally.

I just love him because he has one of the most noble motivations on the show but he doesn't act like it at all, he's not pretentious about it or something.

>>80742000
Idk I thought that was done well since they're both right. Arsenal gets result but he really is a loose cannon that can't be trusted on a team, and Nightwing knew that, so they parted ways. They're not all gonna get along.

And Arsenal is more interesting by himself or with the runaway kids anyways.
>>
>>80741895
Ummm that's WHY Megan was an awesome character, she had lots of depth to her. When she became a psycho bitch I was like wow I'm in love
>>
>>80742043
Sure, Arsenal nearly got them all killed and has proven more than once that he's a trigger happy mess who refuses to face his PTSD. Nightwing was right to throw him out.

But why would you do it *then and there*? Wait until you're back home, safe and sound, and pull Arsenal aside before the next mission.
>>
File: scaredfrogman.jpg (55 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
scaredfrogman.jpg
55 KB, 500x473
>>80742085
I will admit she's a well written and complex character. But I don't like her.

>yfw you didn't actually fall in love, she just changed your memories so you thought you did

>>80742098
Idk he probably just wanted to put him on blast in front of everyone to make an example. So they weren't praising him too much and thinking his methods were right
>>
>>80741135
I didn't like it. I found the characters to be too whiny, I felt the villains were either treated at useless or had absolutely no differentiating personality from the others (minus Mongul, Luthor, and Savage), I was never really on board with the whole Reach storyline, and every few minutes you'd get a brand new open ended plot with either no resolution or a really rushed disappointing one.
>>
>>80742043
I don't get how his motivation is more noble than anyone else's, though. His future sucked, so he wanted to change it. How is that more noble than Wally dying to save the world? Or Kaldur risking his life, as well as the trust of everyone he ever cared for, in order to save the world? Or Artemis, risking her happiness with Wally? Or Dick, risking both the team and the league hating his guts forever and ever for what he and Kaldur pulled?
>>
>>80742098
You don't pull someone aside after their reckless and dangerous stunt gets applauded by everyone. You make an example then and there so everyone knows this shit does not fly ever.
>>
>Is there anyone else who's a traitor?
>>
>>80742122
Because he does it without really asking for help, or looking for thanks, or caring what people think, more than most of them

He goes back to save his grandfather by making himself look like a fool, and sticks with Blue even though he knows what Blue becomes because he wants to help save him

I'm not saying he beats everyone at the "noble" game at all, I'm just saying he's up there with the best of them
>>
>>80742136
Not my leadership style, which is why I can't see Nightwing's side of it too much. Like I said, he was right to bounce Arsenal, but the timing and the way he did it could not have been worse.

I believe in handling things firmly but quietly.
>>
>>80742192
If he didn't do it publicly then others would be like

>did you hear what Arsenal did, that was so badass, I know what I'm doing, I'll just do whatever I want too blah blah blah
>>
File: guy.gif (970 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
guy.gif
970 KB, 200x133
>mfw my nigga Kaldur was revealed to be a good guy all along

Truly the best character
>>
>>80742295
And even Smugfuck Vandal Savage was ass blasted about it.
>>
Artemis was my favorite
>>
>>80741135
Been rewatching the first season and it's pretty good. Forgot how much I liked Conner and Roy
>>
File: blackdad.gif (3 MB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
blackdad.gif
3 MB, 470x400
>>80742389
>dat scene where she's just wearing a t-shirt
>>
>>80742432
>Forgot how much I liked Conner
This. I don't get how people say they hated him for being Angstboy. The angst is there for a reason and he grows out of it, to the point where he's practically the straightman in s2.
>>
>>80742503
I thought he was annoying as Angstboy but it's fine because like you said he becomes much better in season 2. Character development and all that jazz

I felt really bad when he talked about Megan trying to change his memories
>>
>>80741960
>WALLY THE GUY YOU SPENT ALL OF LAST SEASON
>liking YJ Wally
>>
>>80742718
Wew, that's one shit opinion there, lad.
>>
>>80742718
Wally died for our sins.
>>
>>80741135
>I hope it gets a third season but I feel like it was probably just a rumour that spun out of control.

It started being an innocent suggestion by Weisman to support the show when the second season was put on Netflix. That suggestion was turned into an outright campaign for it.

The difference between other campaigns and this is that we're contributing directly to ratings and interest. Other shows were on network TV, where you had to have Neilse boxes and deal with demographic bullshit. Netflix pulls any data from all the views and reviews it gets, and it's easy to do since you don't have to spend more than $8 or even for free if it's your first month. You can even talk to costumer service to request for a third season. Apparently, costumer service employees have been FLOODED with requests. Even the twitter hashtag campaign trended for a few days this and last weekend.

Even if WB is unwilling to lend the rights or Netflix doesn't find the data compelling for a new seasons, it's the closest we'll ever get to get a show revived.
>>
>>80742960
Well, I watched most of it this last week and my fingers are crossed.

Season 3 hopes
>more Static
>more Wonder Girl
>more Aqualad
>Wally coming back at some point
>>
>>80742389
Best waifu hands down
>>
>>80742993
Who do you think would be the big bad of S3?
>>
>>80743024
Well the cliffhanger was Apokolips right?
>>
>>80743024

They were setting up for Darkseid the whole time. Drove me crazy just like with Wolverine and the X-Men setting up Apocalypse and then getting canceled.
>>
>>80742993
>more Wonder Girl
>more Aqualad
>Wally coming back at some point
Yes please. And please give Cassie some development, she was barely a character in S2.

My hopes:
>Another 5 year skip
>Dickbats
>Wally comes back and becomes Flash
>Starfire arrives from space and falls for Dick
>Raven
>Supergirl arrives and Conner is excited to have a little sister, and is put off by her being so much stronger at first, but within an episode or two gets over it and is proud of her
>Megan still struggling with her inner demons, but Conner's there to help her through it
>Artemis being Roy Mk.2 - or uh, I guess Mk.3? Mk.4? Was Guardian a Roy clone, too? Anyway, Artemis being pissed at the world until Wally comes back
>Kaldur and Dick's actions have forever made them the black sheep of the team/league
>>
>>80743328
>Kaldur a black sheep

Pls no, I want him to be a pure hero again and gain some respect
>>
>>80743354
I could see Dick getting most of the blame for it, since he was the only one that didn't go through as much shit as Kaldur or Artemis did.
>>
File: 1454148805728.png (404 KB, 753x741) Image search: [Google]
1454148805728.png
404 KB, 753x741
>>80741135
Its a The Legend of Korra tier shit.

The fanbase destroyed it

Its the "hunger games romance book" of the superhero genre

Disgusting.
>>
I really liked the biz with Captain Marvel being a ten-year-old, and the bits where Batman is a paranoid dickass.

>Billy volunteers to chaperone the team because he secretly thinks of them as cool sempais.
> Multiple in-character references to him having "the wisdom of Solomon."
>League is upset to discover that Billy has secretly been a ten-year-old boy the entire time, Batman already knew.
>Robin and Batgirl forbidden to reveal their secret identities to the team because Batman is a helicopter parent.

>>80741960
YJ also has a strong portrayal of Superman as a really good guy who everyone looks up to, but who doesn't really have all the answers and struggles to live up to people's expectations. Especially with his relationship with Conner.
>>
>>80743521
I wish they had shown more of Supes and Superboy relationship on screen

Somewhere in the time gap Supes got comfortable enough to let Connor stay with the Kents. I thought that was cute
>>
>>80742109
>yfw you didn't actually fall in love, she just changed your memories so you thought you did

The thought that she could do that is a huge turn on for me.
God damn yandere fetish
>>
>>80743328
>Dick: Conner, stop joking around. I know he's gone, but I can't take his place. No one can.
>Conner: No one except his son. Batman is.. he's a tough act to follow, I get that, but if there's anyone who can do it, it's you. And you're the one person he trusted to keep his legacy alive.
>Dick: I can't do it, Conner. No one trusts me anymore.
>Conner: Remind you of anyone?
>Dick: This isn't funny.
>Conner: You're sounding more and more like him. No one trusted Batman, not really. The stories I've heard, and the stuff I've seen - the guy always had a million secret plans going on. But people respected him. And they trusted him in the way that counted - they knew that everything he did was for the right reason. And what you did five years ago? That was the moment when you became Batman. I'm not talking about you turning into Bruce, but you became the ideal - the guy who always has a plan, who's always one step ahead, regardless of what people think of him. The guy who gets things done, no matter the cost. And everyone knows that, whether they admit it or not. If you put on the cowl, there isn't a person alive who would'd question it.
>Dick: Heh. When did you join the pep squad?
>Conner: When did Batman start needing pep talks?
>Dick: Touche.

Also, it would be incredibly funny seeing Starfire interact with Dickbats.
>Kori: Why are you dressed in the garb of the bat? Oh, are we playing the Earth game dress-up?
>Dick: Kori, let go, I'm trying to be the night!

Sorry for the autism.
>>
File: Youngjustice-artemis.jpg (43 KB, 793x679) Image search: [Google]
Youngjustice-artemis.jpg
43 KB, 793x679
Who is best girl and why is it Artemis?
>>
>>80744293

Her voice bothered me. The stealth gear on the girls looked sooo sexy though.
>>
>>80742085
This is /co/. A character with flaws is automatically shit. Especially if they're a superhero.
>>
>>80744293
Artemis is moe.
>>
>>80744293
That's not Zatanna.
>>
>>80742000
Right? Like Arsenal clearly needs counselling from missing 8 years of his life and being emotionally scarred and stunted from that. He's not going to act like the other Roy. He has serious trust issues that he needs to work out and cutting him from his support net while in extreme danger on the war world was a terrible decision.
>>
>>80745738
mah nigga
>>
>>80745738

amen
>>
>"God damn, Red Arrow is so edgy."
>Arsenal is introduced
>"FUCK HE'S EVEN EDGIER"
>>
File: Specspidey05_large.jpg (185 KB, 535x1023) Image search: [Google]
Specspidey05_large.jpg
185 KB, 535x1023
>>80741135
Have you seen any of Greg Weisman's other shit? Spectacular Spider-Man is GOAT, better than Young Justice if you can get past the strange artistic choice to make all arm and leg joints look like action figure joints. Gargoyles is an absolute classic, although it drags in the middle of the second season. He also did the comic tie-in for Young Justice which is really good.
>>
File: 1449193170618.jpg (17 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1449193170618.jpg
17 KB, 387x461
>>80742085
>Megan was an awesome character, she had lots of depth to her.

Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>80745738
Fite me m8
>>
>>80746233
I wanted to see Red Arrow as a new dad. He became a more likable character after dealing with the real Roy and finding out he had a kid.
>>
>>80741798
sorry dude, /co/ hates all good well-written high-quality action shows. thundercats, avatar, whatever. they will find a way to bitch
>>
I don't usually enjoy it when an adaptation changes around comic storylines, but I enjoyed it when Young Justice did it.

For instance the rise of Arsenal, I think was done pretty well in the show.
>>
>>80745738
If Zatanna is so great, why didn't she just cast a spell that instantly stops all the bad guys

Checkmate
>>
>>80749636
This actually bugged me a wee bit. Who the hell brings a baby on a mission? What the hell was Cheshire thinking? It is a god damn baby on a freggen stealth mission.
>>
>>80754325
Cheshire does whatever the fuck she wants

Including former sidekicks turned edgelords
>>
>>80754325
Yeah, she should have left him with his cool grandpa!
>>
So who the hell was the black dude who becomes the new Guardian

I liked him
>>
>>80744293
>big episode where she is supposed to prove her worth for the team
>team gets taken out
>Artemis sits weeping in a vent for half the episode
>comes out of the vent and shoots one arrow straight and it solves everything
>"Yeah, my dad probably wants me - well trained girl with a bow - to kill you - the guy who can run at the speed of light"
I would've liked her if she hadn't been so fucking pointless.
>>
>>80755896
But she wasn't pointless

And the point of the episode is that she still came back even though the odds were against her.
>>
>>80755942
But she basically fires like one fucking arrow that fixes everything.
That's not a particularly high mark for a character who we are told can shoot arrows straight.
>>
>>80756273
Nigga it was a perfectly accurate arrow within millimeters and across an entire room

It was pretty dope
>>
>>80755543
Mal Duncan. He's usually Herald and his stint as Guardian was brief, so I'm surprised they remembered it.
>>
I'm still trying to figure out how long Queen bee was in Gar's room.
>>
File: 2251978-queenbee5.jpg (36 KB, 1057x781) Image search: [Google]
2251978-queenbee5.jpg
36 KB, 1057x781
>>80760422
Long enough to keep him under her thrall, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>80755304
damn, I'd like to see an episode with Sportsmaster babysitting hijinks B-plot
>>
>>80762316
> End up having to team up with someone from the team to protect the baby from random villain revenge plot.
> "What can I say? You know I'm a family man."
>>
File: Kid_Flash.png (116 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Kid_Flash.png
116 KB, 400x300
So did he actually die? Or was there some speedforce shit planned?
>>
>>80741886
I like Impulse as a character, but I just can't get over the fact it's being voiced by that try hard douchebag of a VA.
>>
>>80763696
It was pretty obviously setting up for speedforce shit.

Probably coming back to help change the timeline or some shit like that. He'll probably get a power upgrade too.
>>
>>80763768
I feel like the show all but exhausted it's ability to use character deaths for dramatic effect. They ALWAYS come back, either immediately or in the next episode.
>>
File: Reach_drink.png (135 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
Reach_drink.png
135 KB, 450x253
Become a ciiiiitizen of the Milky Waaaaay...
>>
>>80762316
>parents come back at the end of the episode
>Lian has learned to walk, but won't stop crying
>>
>>80741135
I admit I'm biased because he's my favorite /co/ character, but the severe drop in Superboy focus in season 2 bugged me.
>>
>>80743788
dickbats sound cools as fuck
>>
>>80743328
>wanting a Dick/Starfire/Batgirl love triangle

Yes
>>
>>80763768
Speed Force isn't a thing in YJ. He's dead.
>>
>>80769345
I never said that.
I want a Dick/Zatanna/Starfire love triangle
>>
>Implying our nigga G. Gorden Godfrey wasn't a true nigga
Fuck the way he dressed down the Reach ambassador was so GOAT
>>
my main problem with the characters is that nearly everyone is acting like a cunt or edgy
>>
>>80770650
Maybe you should try watching the show, then.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.