[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know how many of you agree, but I think there won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: Mulan2_0.jpg (446 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Mulan2_0.jpg
446 KB, 1024x768
I don't know how many of you agree, but I think there won't ever be another truly great disney movie. take mulan for example. it's masterpiece, anyone who disagrees is a moron that should burn in hell. but as i rewatched it, there's a lot of stuff that would be considered ""racist" these days. a movie like this wouldn't fly today.

i think we're nearing the point where drawing asians with slanted eyes will be racist soon
>>
>>80730832

Anyone who loves 90s Disney musicals and hates either The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, or Frozen is a complete fucking retard who is so blinded by nostalgia they don't even know why they liked those movies in the first place.

That's also ignoring Winnie the Pooh and Wreck-It Ralph, which were also fantastic.
>>
>>80730910
wew lad, you even got frozen in there! and kept a straight face! well, tone
>>
>>80730910
This is factual.
Frozen wasnt the best movie but its become popular to hate it just because its popular.
And wreck it ralph was on level with any of the older movies like Mulan or Aladdin not to mention Zootopia which BTFOs some of the older movies
>>
>>80730832
Mulan is a masterpiece. I don't know why anybody would disagree with your statement.
>>
>>80731220
no one hates it(i think), but by your own admission it wasn't "the best"(really wasn't). we're not talking about good movies here, but best ones
>>
They showed Mulan in China and they hated it, said the characters acted American and not Chinese.
>>
>>80731438
China hates anything that isn't Chinese.
>>
>>80731376
Okay again
Wreck it ralph is just as good as any of the movies you would call masterpieces
And zootopia is better than many of the best disney movies made so far.
And Zootopia is a fine example of race being in movies as the entire movie was based upon racisim.
>>
>>80731534
No. i'm not gonna insult you or anything, i'm just explaining something simple to you. No. not even close. not ven, i dare say, close to close.
>>
>le funny nig dragon xDD
>>
>>80731438
it insulted the chinese? what better way to confirm it's 100% authenthic?
>>
>>80731585
>le there isn't one work of fiction i can't do this exact le thing for XD

>le midsummer's night FAIRIES lol xd so reddit
>>
>>80730910
Princess and the Frog was derivative as Hell of the Renaissance movies and didn't quite capture their magic. Tangled was fine, Frozen was a mess, Pooh is always going to be great, have no idea why Ralph is so highly regarded, Big Hero 6 was banal as fuck, Zootopia was good but muh racism.

As a whole the better parts of the old Renaissance blow the current stuff out of the water.
>>
>>80730832
Can we stop with this "wouldn't fly today" meme? It's really stupid when talking about such milquetoast "offensive" material.
>>
>>80731865
>tfw i agree
>tfw we've become the relics we used to mock

are we right or just old? i don't even know anymore
>>80732002
to you, you're sane. SJWs aren't
>>
>>80731865
>have no idea why Ralph is so highly regarded
Name another good movie about video games
By the way I don't think it's a masterpiece either.
>>
>>80732168
mortal kombat was great
>>
>>80732237
The point is they're rare and Bust it Bill is more well-known and relevant
>>
I've never watched wreck-it ralph, or frozen or any cartoon lately. the last thing i watched was Megamind and i liked it, but i only watched it because i like superheroes.

i'm kinda done with cgi cartoons. if they ever make a 2d one again i'll maybe watch it
>>
my favorite disney song. dancing dishes are great and all, but this one hits me in my russian heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bsdu57SFZc
>>
>>80732794
I'd watch Mess-It-Matt if you have some time to kill.

The animation is decent and John C. Reilly does a pretty decent job with the voice work.

I just want Disney to return to 2D as well, but I know it isn't happening.
>>
>>80732889

>Disney song

here we go
>>
still the champ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc
>>
>>80732046
Who cares if SJWs are insane. They don't matter. No they don't.
No.
>>
>>80733127
have you no soul? surrender to the manipulation
>>
>>80732794
>>80732903
JUST A 2-D MAN, LIVING IN A 3-D WORLD

TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN

GOING TO DI-SNEY-LAND
>>
>>80734038
SOME WILL DRAW, SOME WILL RENDER

SOME ARE BORN TO SING THE DISNEY SONGS

STRANGERS, WAITING
>>
>>80734038
>>80734343
DID THEY SEND ME RENDERS?
WHEN I ASKED
FOR SKETCH?
>>
>>80733262
He's >greentexting you because that's not a fucking Disney movie
>>
>>80734490
I'LL MAKE AN ARTIST OUT OF YOU
>>
>>80734513
It's not? jesus, who can keep track anymore. sure feels like a disney movie
>>
>>80731438
Well, they aren't wrong...
>>
If it isn't 2D animation it's not a real Disney movie.
>>
>>80731487

That's just not true. They're probably one of the more open Asian cultures. Even Beijing, but certainly Taiwan and Hong Kong are down with Western shit.
>>
>>80730832
I cannot remove that gyaru edit from my mind.
>>
>>80731487
They like Kung Fu Panda.
>>
>>80731438
That's kinda true. I don't know shit about Chines culture but for fuck's sake Mulan had stereotypical Jewish ancestors.
>>
>>80730832
I hated this movie. Not because of any glaring failings, just because my elementary school always showed it on movie days.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.