[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just talk for a moment about how utterly disturbing and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: please clap for steven.png (251 KB, 564x510) Image search: [Google]
please clap for steven.png
251 KB, 564x510
Can we just talk for a moment about how utterly disturbing and bizarre it is that Rose Quartz was so insistent on giving up her physical form and wanting to be the human boy? No, really - this is more or less the Gem equivalent of Anon finally getting to be the little girl. Or Stan from Life of Brian wanting to be Loretta so bad.

Tell me why anyone should just be okay that, not only did Rose want to be a mere human, but experience the very life cycle of a human from infancy til death. She could've just as easily pulled some crazy eugenic super-breeding stunt to become the ultimate organic/inorganic hybrid weapon. Because after all, this is just about keeping Earth from Homeworld right? Humans are just the locals that they have to be mindful of? Well fuck that, she got knocked up by a burnout loser and gave up her banging physical form to be the little boy. And she will remember being human. I would not be surprised if this is not the first time in her hyper-fetishism of Earth and humans that she finally got to be the human child. Bravo Quartz. Bravo. I too would be a nervous, hysterical wreck if I had to directly deal with millennia of hedonism and decadence on my leader's behalf.
>>
File: 1457797963060.jpg (98 KB, 526x630) Image search: [Google]
1457797963060.jpg
98 KB, 526x630
Can you give me a tldr version?
>>
>the new generation doesn't understand motherhood
>>
>>80728293
Rose Quartz was never in the right. Everyone already knows this.
>>
She lived on Earth among humans for thousands of years feeling like an outsider.
>>
>>80728293
You ever think that the way she did it, was literally the only option, and she just couldn't pull off anything to get her to keep living while keeping the Earth safe?
>>
>>80728333
Rose wanted to be a kid
A boy
>>
>>80728293
rose is DEAD dead. imagine the gem as a hard drive. in order for steven to be born she had to format herself. if steven dies, rose will not come back out of the gem.
>>
>>80729137
I doubt that. Once Steven dies she'll probably just reform herself.
>>
>>80729216
No one gives a shit about your head canon
>>
>>80729283
So my opinion is a headcanon while saying a gem is a like a hardrive isn't?
>>
>>80729514
it was a metaphor not an opinion. also, rose being turbo dead was confirmed, so it also isn't an opinion.
>>
>>80729588
>rose being turbo dead was confirmed
Where and by who?
>>
>>80729137
rose isn't dead. she's just pretending to be the little boy right now.
>>
>>80729216
Na, pretty sure rose permanently rewrote her gem code and circuits to accommodate for Steven. No rewriting it back now breh.
>>
>>80729514
The gems themselves behave like Rose is gone for good. If Pearl really believed that all she had to do was wait a measly 7 to 10 decades for Steven to pass and Rose to come back she wouldn't be as bothered by the situation as she is.
>>
Do we know that that the gem in Rose's belly is literally the same gem as Steven's?
>>
>>80729137
Yeah Rose committed suicide which is even worse.

>>80728416
Not even a little bit. Rose made Steven because she didn't want to be herself any longer. The fact that the Cluster was about to hatch was either something she knew nothing about, or something she wanted to escape early.
>>
>>80730074
I mean he summoned Rose's shield, and as seen from Pearl's hologram in Sworn to the Sword the design looks the same.
>>
>>80728293
You ever think maybe she just wanted to give birth to something new despite knowing the consequences to herself? I mean...that isn't an unheard of concept.
>>
>>80729850

The Gems also pretty clearly have no idea how Steven actually functions. Indeed, we don't even know what will happen if Steven is severely injured, because no one is willing to risk testing that theory.

If Steven can poof and reform like the Gems do, then Rose is just gone for good.

If Steven poofs but is only a temporary being, then Rose will be the one that comes out of the gem afterwards.

If Steven cannot poof at all because he is half human, then he just fucking dies and Rose is likewise gone for good.

And given that the gems themselves are immortal, they have no realistic expectation that Steven will have a mere human lifespan, after which they get Rose back. The expect him to still be around a thousand years from now.

Its not impossible that Rose has a way to make a return from being Steven, but its only one out of many possible ways this can work out, and its never been done before so no one has an instruction manual for this. The only reasonable course of action is to assume that Steven is a real person and Rose is probably gone for good.
>>
>>80728293
Maybe she didn't want to be a child specifically. Maybe she just wanted to be human, but the life stage the show happens to be about is adolescent. Steven is someday going to be a fullgrown man after all, and by the logic of your post Rose could've wanted to be an old person or teen or infant just as much, since Steven will/has experienced those life stages as well.
>>
>>80729137
This
Rose isnt still alive somewhere inside of steven. This headcanon that if steven died or got poofed she would come back out is retarded
>>
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>80730522
Double this.
>>
>>80728293

Rose created a weapon to surpass homeworld technology!
>>
>>80729137

There isn't any more evidence to support this theory than the rose coming out of the gem when Steven poofs version. Also your analogy sucks, because if your 'formatted' a Gem like a hard drive, you would just end up with a Rose Quartz that acted as if she had just been born and was still loyal to homeworld.
>>
>>80731079
There is the evidence of the gems treating Rose as if she is truly gone forever
However there is NO evidence that Rose will or even can come back besides people headcanon
>>
>>80731079
why would a blank gem be intrinsically loyal to homeworld? the loyalty seen so far from peridot, sapphire, and ruby, seems to be a learned behavior. if someone tells you "the diamonds are the supreme leaders of everything and are absolutely perfect" every single day for years, since the moment you are born, you will believe it.
>>
>>80728293
Not reading all that, but before you go overthinking it anymore, was it just a reference to Birdy the Mighty?
>>
>>80731389
This.

Rose coming back would ruin the emotional gravity of the show that Sugar has been building up this whole time.
>boo hoo Rose is gone.
>boo hoo Rose is gone
>boo hoo Rose is gone
> boo hoo I'll never get to meet my mom
>Oh look, Rose is back, guess we were freaking out about nothing and all these years of mourning were pointless

Also, the idea that Steven will die is beyond idiotic.
>>
>>80731879
Well he might not die anytime soon but he'll probably die of at least old age.
>>
File: 1457542459947.png (277 KB, 769x808) Image search: [Google]
1457542459947.png
277 KB, 769x808
>>80731981
What if Steven is like a lich? Eventually his human tissue will age and die, slowly sloughing off in heaps of dead flesh, revealing his gem body beneath.
>>
>>80732757
Dude
>>
>>80732757
Steven's consciousness is not inside his gem, as he has a working brain and can be knocked unconscious with a blow to the head. It's more likely that the gem would end up being his life support.
>>
>>80736221
Well yeah, but that's not very edgy.
>>
Homeworld is the Thesis

The Crystal Gems are the Antithesis

Steven is the Synthesis
>>
>>80730074
>Do we know that that the gem in Rose's belly is literally the same gem as Steven's?
Yes. Rose is literally holding Steven together with magic because she didn't have any genetic material to contribute to the formation of his ass as a legit human being.
>>
File: xenobiology.png (116 KB, 437x750) Image search: [Google]
xenobiology.png
116 KB, 437x750
>>80737344
That's silly. She had more than 6000 years to study organic life on Earth and humans. She engineered human DNA that would express itself as something like her and then used that DNA to create a human ovum.

Also magic isn't real.
>>
File: aPywoEV_700b_v1.jpg (82 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
aPywoEV_700b_v1.jpg
82 KB, 600x500
>>80737470
>Also magic isn't real.
Right, and next you'll tell me fairies aren't real.
>>
>>80732757

>Steven becomes the most powerful gem alive while still covered with flesh
>wipes out the cluster, inevitable Homeworld invasion, becomes friends with EVERYBODY because le power of friendship meme
>flesh begins to deteriorate, humans get creeped out
>all the people he loves eventually remove themselves from his life
>zombie-lookin' Steven becomes depressed, depression becomes anger
>rest of his flesh rots away, sp00ky scary pink gem skekleton Steven
>begins to subjugate the remaining gems on Earth
>uses gem army to rule humans with an iron fist
>gems resist his rule, Steven and loyal gems poof them
>poofed gems come back looking more and more pale and dead
>Earth is ruled by hideous undead-looking gems
>>
>>80729809
I don't think that something like "rewriting the gem code" is possible, and even if that wasn't the case, Steven's gem is still recognized as Rose Quartz so I doubt it was rewritten.
>>
>>80728293
>Implying that Rose Quartz wanted to experience Boyhood & not Child Birth
>>
File: 1457147199197.png (97 KB, 315x300) Image search: [Google]
1457147199197.png
97 KB, 315x300
>>80728293
>not wanting to be the little boy
>>
>>80739022
I think he meant something like the information inside the gem rewritten.
Like she deleted herself, or tranfered herself in her room, or lies dormant as a .zip.
>>
>>80739668
That would imply that Steven's consciousness lies within the gem, when it's not the case as said in the first part of >>80736221
>>
>>80737734
DON't MENTION THE FAIRIES! Seriously, if you do that, they'll come for you, they came for me when I did, dragged be back to their home and did...things...
>>
File: tmp_32691-annie-434690073.jpg (26 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32691-annie-434690073.jpg
26 KB, 400x310
Holy shit, she's clayface.

Steven is just a small incarnation of Rose and "he" will be nothing more than a footnote in the story of her life.
>>
>Autismos don't understand the joy of parenthood, the fact that most parents sacrifice their dreams and entire lives for their kids, and that this is one of the few actual metaphors in the series.

I'm sure Lion 3 got that nomination because the academy was moved by the idea of a woman living inside a Jew boy.
>>
>>80728333
The show should end with Pug Davis killing Yellow Diamond
>>
>>80731879
Thankfully, unlike Hirsch, we know Rebecca's style and moral values well enough to know this would never happen unless CN forced it.
>>
>>80741938

>this would never happen unless CN forced it.

So young, so naive.
>>
would more people be worried about this if rose had been male and turned himself into a little girl?
>>
>>80742133
Rebecca LOVES stories where shit is imperfect, give me one reason she would willfully go for the Disney ending instead of her corporate superiors forcing if.
>>
What if when Steven dies, Rose Quartz can reform her body.

Would that be enough to slake Pearl's mighty thirst?
>>
>steven dies
>poof
>rock on the ground covered in cum
>>
File: 1456523748727.png (598 KB, 1280x1055) Image search: [Google]
1456523748727.png
598 KB, 1280x1055
>>80742301

Pearl likes to bitch about what she doesn't have, she'd get rose back and then make reference to steven after, because she can't appreciate things.

"Oh steven used to play with connie at that rock"
"He was a great kid, If only he was still with us"

She that type of bitch and moans when somethings gone and ignores others support and will continue to squander in her past until some new tragedy happens and she has a fit about that.

She live in the past but looks to far ahead in the future, which is garnets job
>>
>>80728293
>wanted to call here boyfriend dad
It gets weirder
>>
>>80742483
>Not wanting your gf to call you daddy.
baka desu senpai
>>
>>80729137
>>80730522
It's CANON that she's still alive in Steven and ROSE EVEN SAYS AS MUCH but you didn't take it literally like you were supposed to.

Sugar stated this herself that Rose isn't dead. She's literally HALF of Steven.
>>
>>80742382
You realize they would all miss Steven if he died to bring back Rose Quartz. None of them would want that to happen.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.