[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Between Jonas and Clay, who's the worst father?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Between Jonas and Clay, who's the worst father?
>>
>>80720696
Clay. At least Jonas was rich.
>>
Clay because my dad actually beat me with a belt and kept lusting after his male friends while ranting about homosexuals, whereas my dad never got me kidnapped by supervillains.
>>
>>80720696

They're both really, really shitty fathers - just in different ways.
>>
Clay
>>
>>80720696
Clay
at least Jonas was a genius
>>
Clay so far. Jonas seems mostly self absorbed and rarely outright malicious towards Rusty. But who knows.
>>
Who turns out better Oral or Rusty?
>>
>>80721053
>at least Jonas was a genius
>couldn't even figure out that the only adventure worth having was Fatherhood
>>
>>80721126
I'm pretty sure Orel canonically has a happy marriage with that chick who is a clone of him and is generally content with his life and a good father to his kids

Rusty of course is an asshole who builds cheap junk because he can't be bothered to actually work hard at something for fear he might actually fail even when giving it his all and this also applies to him being a generally shitty father to his sons, especially since they have died multiple times
>>
>>80721125

>Jonas seems mostly self absorbed and rarely outright malicious towards Rusty.

Except for bringing him along with Team Venture on life-threatening adventures around the world.
>>
>>80721126
Clay is a worse father, but Orel is a better son. Jonas wasn't as bad a father, but Rusty turned out to be a shitty son. Sometimes the worst fathers make you the best people, because you vow to never make the same mistakes.
>>
>>80721126
Is that even a question?
fucking Oral end up with her true love and a bunch of cute kids
>>
>>80721279

Yeah, but Hank and Dean are growing up to be pretty okay which defies all expectations.
>>
>>80721320
That was more incompetence than malice.

Jonas knew how to be an adventurer. He had no idea how to be a father. See also him treating a teenaged Rusty like "one of the guys".
>>
>>80721320
Due to ego not trying to hurt Rusty. He probably was always convinced he could save Rusty regardless of the situation. He never thought of what it would do to the kid. The only instance of direct cruelty to Rusty is calling him an ingrate when he told him he didn't like the lifestyle in therapy.
>>80721366
Jonas is definitely a bad father. He'll I can't see how Rusty is that bad a son, even decades after he's died he's died he's trying to live his life like how his dad would want.
>>
>>80721492
To be fair they had Brock, helper, and whole bunch of other people raising them.
>>
>>80721731

I like how, in the Venture-verse, a kill-crazy super-secret operative is the better option for a growing boy.
>>
Did Clay ever make his 10 year old son kill a man with a house key?
>>
>>80722332
Said operative had a normal upbringing, so yeah.
>>
>>80722427

Wait. Brock had a normal upbringing? How do I not remember this?
>>
>>80721126

Rusty at least he isn't a christcuck.
>>
>>80722467
Normal American upbringing until he accidentally brocked someone to death while playing highschool football.

His past isn't really a topic they ever cover much though.
>>
>>80720742
Dude. I'm sorry you had a rough childhood
>>
>>80722557
Plus his dad died the same day. Was still raised in a standard family unit and has a brother apparently.
>>
I feel like it's a hard comparison to make because Jonas has the means to fuck up Rusty's life in a much more bombastic way than Clay. Also we're constantly giving more and more information to how shit Jonas was so it's hard to compare because we've yet to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

I'll say this on the matter. At the very least Jonas seems to care for Rusty in his own fucked up way a lot more than Clay ever did. He might not care about putting Rusty into fucked up scenarios but at the very least he doesn't seem to think what he's doing is anything less than okay. The Venture Bros universe is already fucked up and Jonas' life on top of that is enough for me to see pretty much most of the Rusty Venture adventures as less fucked up than the Camping Trip in Orel.

Clay is outright antagonist and full of spite towards Orel in the way everyone in that show is to most other people. He ignores Orel in the same way Jonas does to Rusty but unlike Jonas I'm sure he's completely aware of it. That's the real key here. Clay knows how he treats his family isn't right because he's a lot more like a normal fucked up person than Jonas. It's that core aspect of everyone being miserable in that town and them all being fully aware of how bad they are as people and continue to still do it.

The fact I'm pretty sure Clay outright dislikes Orel is enough for me to see him as a worse parent than Jonas unless we get a reveal that Jonas hated Rusty or has clones and murdered the fuck out of the kid by proxy a ton of times.
>>
Jonas did care that someone kidnapped Rusty, after a while. Then proceeded to beat the shit out of said kidnappers.
>>
>>80722834
>>80722798
This and this.

I keep in mind that part of rusty growing up is all sorts of off screen crazy adventures happening. Jonas is selfish, but he at least had people around that could take care of rusty. He also did try to shield him from some things (having Kano watch him for example).

Jonas just always got swept up into crazy adventures that ended up dragging Rusty along.
Don't get me wrong, he was a bad dad, but at least he still loved him enough to be concerned for him most the time.

Clay on the other hand is a completely different type of selfish. He is a coward that takes his aggression out on the people around him. HE doesn't seem to actually love anyone INCLUDING HIMSELF. He rather self destruct taking everyone out with him rather than ever facing any of his problems.

HE knows he is psychologically torturing his family, but he can't give any fucks about doing so.
>>
>>80722332
In an insane world, it's perhaps the only sane option.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.