[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /co/, which is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: ConsoleWars.png (2 MB, 1571x850) Image search: [Google]
ConsoleWars.png
2 MB, 1571x850
Alright /co/, which is better?
>>
>>80718584
Baman>Piderman
>>
File: index.png (143 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
index.png
143 KB, 300x225
>>80718584
BTAS by far.

If you posted the '90s Spider-Man show, it would've been a different story.
>>
The one people actually remember.
>>
>>80718709
I grew up on the 90s Spider-Man as well, but it really doesn't hold up if you go back and watch it. The writing wasn't all that great to begin with, and it was hampered by a shit ton of censors

>Not mentioning "Death", "Die", "Kill" or other words with a strong negative meaning.
>Realistic guns were not allowed, and no firearms could shoot bullets, so instead they fired lasers complimented by 'futuristic' sound effects.
>Spider-Man was not allowed to hit anyone with his fist, meaning every fight consisted of grappling
>No crashing glass
>No children in peril.
>No vampires were allowed on the show.
>When Spider-Man lands on the rooftop, be sure that he doesn't harm any pigeons

However the theme song is still great
>>
SSM easily. BTAS had too many shitty episodes. You can't only look at the best ones when comparing shows.
>>
File: batman grin.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
batman grin.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>80718584

Batman.
>>
>>80718709
>seriously thinking this could compete
I would have liked this show as a kid more if BTAS wasn't on the same channel showing it up in absolutely every aspect.
>>
>>80718731
That doesn't narrow it down.
>>
>>80718709
Lose the nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>80718709
90's Spider-Man is garbage compared to Spectacular
>>
Spectacular Spider-Man. Batman isn't that good when you take off the nostalgia glasses. Brave and the Bold is a better competition but Spectacular Spider-Man wins the fight any day.
>>
Spectacular was solid throughout its entire run.
>>
>>80718584
Spectacular spiderman, easy. Batman had a lot of misses, but when it hit, it hit huge.
>>
>all these nostalgiafags
>>
>>80718709
>shit voice acting
>bland art style
>held down by censorship

Its not even fucking close dude
>>
>>80718584
BTAS had more extreme high an lows. Spectacular Spiderman was probably more consistently good. I still personally prefer BTAS.
>>
>>80718709

MY NIGGA.

90's Spidey is best Spidey.

But yeah, BTAS is miles better than Spectacular Spider-man.
>>
>>80718584
Spectacular. Fight scenes with venom are fucking amazing and feel like they have weight and although I love BTAS I feel like if spectacular got another season it would have easily been a classic cartoon.
>>
I would like SSM more if Wooldor Sockbat wasnt Harry
>>
File: 3608175940353.jpg (22 KB, 378x286) Image search: [Google]
3608175940353.jpg
22 KB, 378x286
>>80718923
>>No vampires were allowed on the show.

wut
>>
>>80720097

This is correct.

I don't think Spectacular had an episodes that came close to the best episodes of BTAS, but by the same token. Spectacular's worst episode is maybe like a 7/10 while BTAS has a bunch of mediocre episodes and a handful of stinkers.
>>
>>80718923
A lot of these things are things you wouldn't notice if they weren't pointed out. No one goes THE 90's SPIDER-MAN CARTOON WAS SO UNREALISTIC HE DIDN'T KILL PIDGEONS WHEN HE LANDED
>>
>its a hero antagonizes the suffering misunderstood "villain" episode

Dropped SSM on the 2nd episode
>>
I'm petty, but I would've like Spectacular Spider-man a lot more if not for Cheek's art style.

There was a terrible time where he was flooding the internet with his concept art and we actually thought he was going to be the future of superhero cartoons. I guess its a mixed blessing that it's ended up being that generic DC DTV style instead.
>>
>>80720097
This is kind of true for the comics as well, coincidentally. Spider-Man comics were pretty good to really good for like 30 years, and at the same time Batman Comics had some hilariously awful shit and some of the best comics of all time.
>>
>>80720162
I would hardly call him vampire, he just sucked out "plasma" with that bullshit on his hand.
>>
>>80720162
>No vampires were allowed on the show. This created complications with the use of the characters Morbius the living vampire and Blade the vampire hunter. Consequently, Morbius only drained victims through suckers on his hands, rather than by biting them in the traditional vampire style on the neck, and rather than blood, his sustenance was referred to only as "plasma."
>>
>>80718584
BTAS

I know everyone loves Spectacular and it was cool how they had a continuing storyline and I liked how they raceswapped some of the characters but the show was so fucking boring. It was a chore for me to go through S1, meanwhile I ran through the first few seasons of BTAS really quickly.
>>
>>80720170
>THE 90's SPIDER-MAN CARTOON WAS SO UNREALISTIC HE DIDN'T KILL PIDGEONS WHEN HE LANDED

No, they made it so they could never show Spidey landing on a rooftop unless they *explicitly* made it clear that no pigeons were hurt. It was retarded
>>
>>80718584
Batman TAS because Spectacular Spider-man had suffered the Weisman Curse.
>>
>>80720241

yeah no i'd rather have the cartoony look Spectacular was going for.
>>
>>80720170
>HE DIDN'T KILL PIDGEONS WHEN HE LANDED

That's just to emphasize how far the censorship went. Are you telling me beat cops using futuristic laser guns and a vampire looking for "plasma" ins't jarring as hell?
>>
>>80720170
No punching is crazy noticeable though.
>>
Easily BTAS. It aged well and the music, animation, and visual design still are fantastic, so you can't even use the 'aged like milk' argument. Spectacular Spidey is still good, though.
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (119 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
119 KB, 400x300
>>80720433
>>80720407

Blood plasma is what blood cells swim around in and comprises most of whole blood volume of a healthy person.
>>
>>80720658
It's still fucking retarded to hear him say plasma every damn time he could have easily just said blood. I haven't seen a show thus far so pussified by censorship as that particular Spiderman cartoon.
>>
File: MORBIUSSS.jpg (8 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
MORBIUSSS.jpg
8 KB, 320x238
>>80720658

C-could you spare some of that PLAAAAASSMMMAAAA? I could really use some.
>>
>>80718584
Batman, hands down. Been watching it lately.
I can't remember Spider-Man all that much but some episodes were written good.
>>
>>80720708
>>80720721

The man knew what he wanted. He was a biochemist after all. Blood plasma contains proteins, coagulants, and electrolytes vital for physiology as well as serving in excretory transportation. There's actually a pretty high demand for blood plasma in the medical world (due to its short shelf life) so much so that you can be paid money for selling your plasma.
>>
>>80718584
I love both but Batman is the obvious answer. It's the show that got me into Batman.
>>
>>80720896
Anon, that still doesn't excuse how retarded it sounds.
>>
SHOOOOOOCKEEEEER
>>
>>80718709
Anyone who thinks this has really bad nostalgia goggles. It sucked with some good voice actors, that's all.
>>
>>80720241
I don't see what's wrong with variety. It was a nice fresh breath of air from the anime-wannabe art that was around that time.
>>
>>80718923
Spider-Man may not have punched all that much but he sure as hell drop-kicked people in the fucking chest whenever he hot the chance and was not above throwing heavy objects at the enemy or beating them with blunt weapons.

To be fair, laser guns are easier to animate than conventional guns. They also look cooler.
>>
>>80718584
BTAS if not simply because of the influence it had outside of its own show, Its timeless. Spectacular however was the best Marvel Cartoon ever made and is probably the best non-comic representation of spidey ever.
>>
>>80721586
It was actually one of the better shows at the time when you think about all the western action cartoons of the mid-'90s.
>>
>>80720407
Honestly I thought that shit was more horrifying as a kid than him being an actual traditional vampire.
>>
>>80720241
The art was a turn off at first but it wasnt that bad. Really the only thing that really bothered me were the webwings.
>>
File: nowayman.gif (453 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
nowayman.gif
453 KB, 160x120
>the suckers on Morbius hands were like little anuses that constantly twitched, puckered and clenched
>>
File: 1302306987218.png (302 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1302306987218.png
302 KB, 768x576
>>80721461
>>
>>80721893
Wow thanks for that, fucker.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.