[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this. Pretty solid little action-comdedy. People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: deadpool.jpg (266 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
266 KB, 1200x600
Just watched this. Pretty solid little action-comdedy. People who say this is horrible and nothing but crasss dick jokes and reddit humor are idiots. As are the people who say it's the best thing that ever happened or even the best marvel movie. or even the best X-men movie.

So let's talk about that. Why is everything today has to be judged as being one extreme or the other.

Whatever comic book movie you're discussing these days, it's either defended as the second coming or proclaimed irredeemable shit.

hey /co/ what'd you think of Man of Steel?(pure garbage/genius). No one thought it was just decent with some problems. Age of Ultron? Shit or Great. Have we lost the ability to voice any opinion without going to an extreme or invoking reddit?
>>
It's a good movie, but don't ever say it's the best Marvel or X-Men movie. That makes you seem legitimately retarded.
>>
File: 1454453581245.png (172 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454453581245.png
172 KB, 557x605
>>80709402
>So let's talk about that. Why is everything today has to be judged as being one extreme or the other.
>Whatever comic book movie you're discussing these days, it's either defended as the second coming or proclaimed irredeemable shit.
That's not limited to comicbook movies though, that's most opinions on the internet in general. It's because people like to use hyperbole to emphasize their points, and because "fence-sitting" is pretty much the easiest position to attack in an argument if you're not going to actually develop your position.
So because people are pleb at arguing, basically.

Movie was a solid 8/10 I'd say, at least I liked it for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>80709494
I think the flashbacks hurt it. It was great fun in the present day but fuck the flashbacks dragged it down. And the relationship with Inara felt artificial, like real people don't meet and talk like that. Also what the fuck were Francis' powers anyway?
>>
pacing was a little weird but i enjoyed it. ryan pulled off deadpool but the comedy oddly enough was aimed at teens even though the movie is rated r.
>>
It's the second best x-men, only X2 was better.

And yes, both First Class and Days of Future Past were completely mediocre, snap out of it people!
>>
It was all dick jokes though. Like seriously, if you cut them all out you have maybe 30 minutes of movie left.
>>
The movie was pretty good, but the non-stop laughing by idiot deadpool fans was really annoying. I read about it in some anons post before I saw it, but I wouldn't believe it until I went myself.
>>
>>80709537
>I think the flashbacks hurt it. It was great fun in the present day but fuck the flashbacks dragged it down.
I didn't mind them. They're a pretty classic take on an origin story, giving the character ties to the world so he has something to fight for. Nothing spectacular but I don't mind it as much as many people on /co/.
>And the relationship with Inara felt artificial, like real people don't meet and talk like that.
Comedy people do. I'm just glad they went with making it funny instead of actually going ham on the "romance" aspect. The Holidays fucking sequence makes it worth it imo.
> Also what the fuck were Francis' powers anyway?
Short answer: he fight good.
Long answer: enhanced reflexes and not feeling pain. Meh.
At least the final fight scene was well done.
>>
>>80709632
>And yes, both First Class and Days of Future Past were completely mediocre, snap out of it people!
Yes to this, especially Days of Future Past is incredibly boring aside from some good action scenes in the future.
>>
>>80709618
>the comedy oddly enough was aimed at teens
This fucking argument again. About comedy that makes plenty of adults laugh, again.
Yeah anon, you're mature for scoffing at dick jokes.
>>
>>80709632
>>80709657
I preferred DOFP. The effects were less awful and the plot bent less far backwards to make shit happen.
>>
>>80709634
the only dick joke i remember is when he tries to punch colossus then say "your poor wife". maybe there was one more but i don't remember
>>
>>80709667
Didn't have kitty so its instantly shit
>>
File: 1439368482259.jpg (62 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1439368482259.jpg
62 KB, 719x719
>>80709751
>DOFP
>didn't have kitty
>>
>>80709751
ellen page kitty isn't kitty anyway.

it was such a weird feeling, wating to punch my favorite x-man in the face the whole time she was on screen
>>
>>80709618
I'm still weirded out by the fact americans actually enforce that shit. Talking about sneaking in to see R movies. here we have high school kids going to see "R" movies and no one even thinks to stop them. shit parents come it with 9-year-olds.
>>
>>80709826
i saw it at a small showing and it had 2 teen girls. its up to the ticket seller to care or not
>>
I don't understand anything anymore. Like the timeline was restored but jean grey is young now? So Apocalypse is happening in the past, before the first X-men? If so, why even bother correcting the timeline when the characters would have been alive anyway and you won't be using the same actors?
>>
>>80709865
The timeline was restored means: we're just going to do whatever we want and we don't gotta explain shit
>>
>>80709905
this movie was so popular deadpool will inexplicably start appearing in x-men movies taking place thirty years before his origin
>>
>>80709402
>People who have opinions that are different from mine are idiots

Nailed it, OP.
>>
>>80709402
I liked Man of Steel a lot, though it did have flaws. Thought Age of Ultron was a letdown and rather forgettable but Ultron was entertaining sometimes and his final scene with Vision was great.
>>
>>80709770
Well now you know how we all feel when we see Kitty.
>>
>>80709826
They carded a couple of teens at my theater in Switzerland when I saw it.
Accompanied is always fine, you can take your toddler to a horror movie, he just can't go watch it alone.
>>
File: they're confusing.jpg (24 KB, 635x422) Image search: [Google]
they're confusing.jpg
24 KB, 635x422
>>80709865
>>
>>80710002
makes sense, if a parent isn't there the kid could commit suicide after being scared to death by evil CGI
>>
>>80710112
What are you trying to say, friend?
>>
>>80710146
that movie ratings are a useless, ridiculous relic that should take its place in the trash with the comics code. especially how fucking many of them there are. Sometimes i see warnings on tv shows, one is PG-15 and the other is PG-16.

O REALLY? hear that 16-year-old? you're safe to watch show 1 but show 2, you're gonna need parental guidance for that one. because there's nothing more comfortable than watching tits with your mother
>>
>>80709402
So I feel that part of this is a systemic issue of categorization in modern internet conversation. I use 'conversation' in the sense of any kind of discussion that happens on just about any topic, and the way information gets noticed.

This is actually something that has been an issue ever since the bygone days of things like Newgrounds, where there was a dynamic rating system that had a sliding scale of how you wanted to vote how much you liked something.

Systemically, voting anything other than highest or lowest accomplishes, on an individual basis, very little, because it doesn't abuse the system. If you liked something at all, and wanted more people to see it, you had to vote the maximum, to push its metric up, and generate exposure, even if you only "sort of" liked it... and the same is true for the opposite, in order for your mild dislike to count for representation in the skewed, extremist average scale of the system, if you sit on the fence with a middle vote, you might as well not have voted.

This kind of system encouraged people to vote at the extreme, and the same can be said for how you actually write an argument; if you don't take an on-paper hardline stance that can be simplified to "I hated it" or "I loved it", people tend not to care about the content of your post... at least in a lot of major communities, especially ones with limited space to make replies (cough cough Twitter) and that permeates out into internet culture as a whole.

This is further refined by systems with only binary representations... Youtube and Reddit, for example, where there's only upvoting and downvoting, a symptomatic response to a dynamic system not rewarding a "thoughtful" response, and only the extremes really making any impact.

To that end, people would rather just take a hyperbolic response and focus only on the elements of a work that serves their standpoint, rather than actually trying to assess its whole and give it credit for both failure and success.
>>
>>80710283
And on the internet that's fine, the internet is a lost cause. But so many people use the internet today that's it's completely seeped into real life as well.
>>
>>80710179
Are you 16 though? Be honnest.
>>
>>80710415
I wish. Just turned 26 a few weeks ago. Where did my youth go...and why is my life speeding up?
>>
>>80710283
>Youtube and Reddit, for example, where there's only upvoting and downvoting, a symptomatic response to a dynamic system not rewarding a "thoughtful" response, and only the extremes really making any impact.
And then you've got people "farming" likes and upvotes and whathavyous. The concept is still not exactly refined.

Well put post anon.
>>
>>80710391

That's just a thing now, though, and it's still true off of the internet. Just look at the way political systems work, it's exactly the same, and has actually been that way for many elections now, even before the explosion of the internet.

Taking a relatively extreme stance on just about any issue is, in some cases, just a really easy way to get noticed, because generally it's fairly easy to summarize. In fact, these days, especially in politics, people get really bored, or even claim that someone is weak and indecisive if they get too middling about any issue, which is one of the reasons why a guy like Trump is so successful; it doesn't matter if he seems crazy, his position on shit at any time is made absurdly clear, and that works.

If you go even farther back, this is a basic concept of marketing.
When you try to sell something, you're selling that your product is great, and your competitors' products are crap.
Any time or attention you spend on actually giving credit to a position that isn't the extreme that you want people to pay attention to is wasted effort, at best, worse they may actually consider a deeper argument, weigh the pros of your competition and might decide they have some things they like better, due to preference... or because your competitor marketed hard-line and you didn't.

An idea, whether on the internet or in advertising, or in a court room, is on a certain level something that is being marketed to an audience, and middling on it is simply not as effective.
>>
I give the film 10/10.
Deal with it.
>>
>>80710455
Anon I'm 30.
> why is my life speeding up
It's a scientifically documented phenomenon that it's how it fells. Basically it has to do with you discovering less new things and making less new unique memories.

But movie ratings aren't useless. If a kid wants to go watch a movie and his parents are okay with it, then they bring the kid to the movies. They don't even have to stay in the same room, they can go watch another movie.
And if the parents are not okay well ideally the ratings system helps them enforce that.

Or you just find a way to see the movie and feel like a pretty big deal because you've duped the system into being able to do something that's only for grown.-ups.

It's a win-win.
>>
>>80710506
I feel like movies should always have an objective and subjective rating. For example i think the Nines is a perfect movie. Is it actually a perfect movie? Doubtful.

No okay, yes it is.
>>
>>80709494
Relationship dynamics are just that, dynamic.
>>
>>80709402
Plenty of people felt that way about ,middle of the road about a lot of comic movies. But the "it was ok" or "it was pretty good" or it was "Just kinda boring" all gets drowned out by the vocal idiots on either extreme
>>
Two years later, everyone will say this movie sucked.
>>
>>80710515
they should introduce Greenlight Cards in movie theaters.

>and how old are you, young man?
>16
>and are your parents okay with you seeing this movie?
>whips out a plastic card "yes ma'am"
>she checks the card through the computer
>all movies playing in theaters marked red or green by the parents
>>
>>80710664
Anon... that's a pretty great idea. Actually just make it an app, sell it to moot.
>>
>>80710642
>vocal idiots
Extremists ruin everything.
>>
>>80710700
you know i posted it as a joke but you're kinda right, it's not bad. i'm gonna look into the logistics of that. the only reward i need is knowing kids will no longer need to drag their parents to movies they don't want to see with them and the parents don't want to see at all.
>>
>>80710826
>kids don't drag parents to movies
>less tickets sold

prepare to be assassinated
>>
>>80709985

Pretty much my opinion too. I had issues with the tornado scene in MoS like everyone else, but that was the only part to take me entirely out of the movie, and although I understand why it's there I feel like they could've gotten the same effect in a different way that would raise fewer questions about plot holes or motivations.

AoU was a hot mess, but it was an entertaining hot mess that had some great character interaction scenes (and yeah, Vision and Ultron's final scene was fatastic)
>>
Deadpool, X Men 2, and the Batman movie with Heath Ledger as the Joker, are the only super hero movies I have seen that seem better than a 7/10 to me.

I have never seen Man of Stell, an Iron Man movie, or a Captain America movie.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.