[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People like this shit? What is the appeal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png (98 KB, 1280x764) Image search: [Google]
Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png
98 KB, 1280x764
People like this shit? What is the appeal?
>>
They're relatable, they're just like my family.
>>
I generally don't like Family Guy, but I'd be lying if I said it never made me laugh. I think the same is true for most people.
>>
>>80707066
The new episode that aired last week was surprisingly pretty good.
>>
>>80707129
It's a decent show that I like to watch at 11PM on Adult swim to put me in a good mood before I go to bed.
>>
Simple

Popular enough to goad others to watch it and enjoy it.

Simple writing. Its easy to quote, jokes are made for simpletons. No need to ever over think anything.

Its went from a treat, to the McDonalds of comedy.
>>
>>80707129
>>80707202
You know that really unfunny kid who's cracking jokes all the time and they're all painful, and then one day he says something pretty funny and then says it over and over until you're fucking sick of it?

That's Family Guy.
>>
Because it's a Bush era liberal mouthpiece.
>>
>>80707066
The writers think swearing and pop culture references = comedy gold, so it's an easy show for retards to follow.
>>
>>80707363
>The writers think swearing and pop culture references = comedy gold
This is a problem nowadays.
>>
>>80707066
It was very funny back in the day.
>>
>>80707066
What's the appeal of constantly bitching about it when /co/ is pretty much an echo chamber of Family Guy hate.
>>
>>80708103
What even is this place?!

*snaps own neck*
*guy in chicken suit comes over*

Ha.
>>
>>80707066
Pretty sure most people watch it these days because it's part of their routine, and not because they genuinely like it.
>>
>>80707066
>What is the appeal?
Cheap lowbrau comedy.
>>
Either I've seen it before, or the writing is basic enough that I don't have to think about it.

Making it perfect for going to sleep material.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.