[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if we like, made a cartoon and the main character- Get this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: shaggy.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
What if we like, made a cartoon and the main character-
Get this, like, the main character...

She's an Asian teenage girl, right?
And she's got red highlights in her hair.

Why hasn't anyone done this before?
>>
An Asian teenage girl?
>>
>>80706382
Asian teenage girl.
>>
Obviously OP is trying to point out that this an overplayed trope, but all I can think of is The Life and Times of Juniper Lee and I think I've only seen two episodes of it.
This makes me feel retarded, but can somebody please list some other examples?
>>
File: weeeeesssssley.jpg (21 KB, 350x381) Image search: [Google]
weeeeesssssley.jpg
21 KB, 350x381
OKAY

GUYS

YOU LISTENING

OKAY

OKAY

DUDES

LISTEN

WHAT

WHAT IF

OKAY

WHAT IF WE TAKE TWO ASIAN GIRLS

OKAY

AND

GIVE THEM BOTH RED HAIR HIGHLIGHTS

AND THEN

THEY GET MAD BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME HIGHLIGHTS

GUYS

OKAY

LETS MAKE A CARTOON OUT OF THIS PREMISE
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3177x5000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3177x5000
Can she be white?
>>
>>80706336
I saw a tumblr post along the lines of "Asian hair streak is a racist trope" but it has nothing to do with that at all.

Pretty much all Asians have straight black hair. A streak adds a pop of color and looks more interesting than just plain black.
Not to mention that many East Asian girls in real life dye their hair in order to stand out.
>>
>>80707432
6teen
TF Prime
Big Hero 6

Off the top o me head
>>
>>80707638
yeah but this doesn't work if she's the only asian in the cast. sometimes they're the only dark haired character too, so what's the point?

it worked on pacific rim at least because the blue streak was part of the color theme mako had.
>>
File: boss.jpg (143 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
143 KB, 1024x1024
>>80706336
>It says here in your pitch she has red highlights, not purple highlights. You want to explain that?
>>
>>80707916
Gogo Tomato?
>>
>>80707883
I think the most recent example that may have sparked this thread is the lead girl in Bunnicula.
>>
>>80708029
nothing suggests she's asian though, probably a weeb
>>
>>80708168
I agree, she doesn't look Asian to me either, but anons seem to be convinced she is.
>>
>>80707479
And then they fug??
>>
>>80708168
>nothing suggests she's asian though
Literally yellow skin.
>>
>>80708606
Das rayyciss.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.