[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do they always do these shots in ironman/avengers movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
why do they always do these shots in ironman/avengers movies? why does he have so much goddamn space in that mask? He has like a solid foot of space between his head and the face-plate. It makes no sense and ruins the immersion.
>>
they have to show RDJ's face, its in his contract
>>
>>80705655
Its just a way of juxtaposing his face with what he sees. There's probably some cool projection tech in the mask that gives him a really wide surface to 'look' at
>>
>>80705655
A solid foot is a bit much.
Maybe an inch.
>>
because acting requires facial expression and it's hard to create emotion when you focus on a motionless mask
>>
It's filmed in widescreen, they had to fill the space on either side of his head with something or else it would look retarded.
>>
>>80705740
maybe marvel should find a better and more creative ways to have ironman convey emotion then
>>
>>80705655
its artistic license
>>
>>80705790
Like having his mask squint?
>>
File: 1453994423396.jpg (67 KB, 555x375) Image search: [Google]
1453994423396.jpg
67 KB, 555x375
>>80705740
Is it?
>>
File: 75421747953.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
75421747953.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>80705655
>first thing i think of when i saw intro pic to message thread in catalog

My God! It's full of stars!
>>
>>80705691
this
>>
>>80705814
That's a fantastic idea. We'd love to have you kick around a few other ideas with our Capeshit Think-tank. How would you like to spend a week in Burbank, California?
>>
File: birdthink.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
birdthink.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>The correct answer:
What this guy said >>80705767
Plus they needed a way to give the audience a view of what Tony's seeing inside the helmet and this way is pretty effective and visually entertaining.

>My answer:
Tony invented Malletspace and lined the inside of his suits with it.

I'll leave it up to you guys to choose what you want to believe.
>>
>>80705655
It's vr you dope. This is what Tony sees. Of course there isn't that much space.
>>
>>80706004
Tony wouldn't have time to even look at all those flashing distractions in his helmet as well as piloting and manuevering the suit in addition to just being able to fucking see. Having Jarvis with voice demand is good enough and doesn't break the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>80705740
>I've never seen a great deal of tokusatsu
>>
>>80706120
Dude, do you look at every little meter and light on your dashboard while driving?
No, you don't, you just look straight forward and glance at the dash whenever something is fucking up, just like how Iron Man does it.
>>
File: TridentFlightDeck.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
TridentFlightDeck.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>80706120
u wot m8
>>
>>80706120
>Tony wouldn't have time to even look at all those flashing distractions in his helmet as well as piloting and manuevering the suit in addition to just being able to fucking see
as someone who played ArCore2 with ALL the little meters and bars and shit turned on, I disagree.
>>
>>80705740
This.

>>80706292
Toku relies on cartoonish body language that would both be out-of-place in the MCU and severely limits the range of emotions that can be portrayed.
>>
>>80705655

Did you ever watch Red October or Das Boot?

Do you think a real submarine has enough space for actors AND cameras?

No, no it doesn't, that's why they submarine is a stage and you place the camera in the walls for better shots.

You are fucking retarded OP.
>>
>>80705824
God it's so bad every time
>>
>>80706355
>Giant windows, plenty of space and a great range of view
vs
>a fucking helmet with two holes right in front of your goddamn eyes

>comparing flying a plane to piloting an iron suit that can take a man from California to Iraq in enough time to solve a developing crisis before the news has even covered it.
>>
Have you tried Google glass?
>>
>>80706518
a larger submarine is more realistic than the amount of space we see in "helmet view" vs the helmet we see on the outside.
>>
>>80706647

>realistic
>comparing a historical epic war film to a shitty holywood superero movie

Hahaha, that's just silly.
>>
>>80706554
I like how the narration describes how I feel when I look at that art.
>>
>>80706573
The picture was in reference to all the shit that's going on, dumb-dumb. Dials and meters and switches and shit everywhere.
>>
>>80705655
It makes him look cool. If it was just RDJ with a little target over his eye and no room it would be realistic, but boring. It fills the empty space up, give the animators something to do and gives the nerds something to pause the movie and figure out what's what on the DVD/Blu ray.
>>
>>80705790
But this is actually a really creative way to do it.

Would you rather he be like Spider-Man and be constantly taking off his mask in important moments?
>>
>>80707639
Isn't it weird how he keeps doing that?
>>
>>80707639
Sad thing is he still does that a lot in the movies. like it makes sense because he is cocky enough to believe he won't be harmed, even in dangerous situations, but it's also illogical considering he's wearing robot armor for a reason. For that matter, o guess they could make the face shield see through, and further give the actor face-time
>>
>>80709287
Like that one arc of the Spider Man newspaper comic where JJJ rents an old Iron Man suit to use and has it modified so that it projects his face onto the faceplate so that everyone knows that it's him inside and not Tony.
>>
>>80705655
>I can accept superhero could exist but this ruins the immersion

OP, sorry to break that ti you,but you're an autist
>>
>>80706722
>generic warshit
>in any way superior to capekino

o i am laffin
>>
>>80709287
>make the face shield see throug
literally fucking awful idea and I'm glad based Favreau ditched that shit
>>
File: clay.jpg (36 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
clay.jpg
36 KB, 720x576
>it's another 'the iron man suit isn't technologically feasible reeeeeee' thread

if it were somebody would've built the damn thing by now
>>
File: exosuit.jpg (104 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
exosuit.jpg
104 KB, 600x399
>>80709889
DARPA has a standing offer for anyone that can produce a combat viable powered suit. As with a lot of proposed infantry equipment, the problem is finding a suitable power source.
>>
The amount of helmet space isnt real

its an illusion.

you're seeing what tony sees, but tony is receiving all that information through his eyes. Its an illusion for him too, a trick of perception.

thats what you see.
>>
File: 1456263187377.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1456263187377.png
28 KB, 186x208
>>80709926
This is how I always interpreted the helmet view scenes, they make no sense otherwise
>>
>>80705740
>acting requires facial expressions

I hate to use this word, but you're a fucking plebeian.
>>
>>80710004
At least half of acting is in the face. You lose a ton when it's just voice.
>>
>>80709988
Its obvious at first glance. This should even have any need of being discussed.
>>
>>80710034
I've never once heard anyone actually question the HUD in the movie. It's that unimportant as to how realistic it is. The whole purpose is to get an understanding of how Tony is processing information without having him sit there and spit technobabble at the audience. Show not tell is always the best option in any visual medium.
>>
>>80710020
>I've never seen good gesture acting

why are you even on the comics and cartoons board?
>>
>>80705655
You are a bigger faggot that those losers in the world of warcraft thread on the vg board. Congratulations.
>>
>>80709926
i thouth everything was a screen for him with clear view and the eyes of the armor where just some kind of cameras to projec on the inside helmet screen
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.