[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legit Drama in Cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Kung Fu Panda has to be one of the most surprisingly dramatic animated movies of all times. As in how amazing it is that a movie about a Panda that learns Kung Fu can actually be any dramatic.
Which other movies or shows do you now that have a surprisingly good drama going on?
>>
File: merry old Scotland.jpg (173 KB, 1600x865) Image search: [Google]
merry old Scotland.jpg
173 KB, 1600x865
>>80689612
Have you seen The Illusionist?

If not, you have no reasons not to do it right now.
>>
>>80689731
The artstyle looks promising. What is it about?
>>
>>80689789
An illusionist being pushed to leave France and go to Scotland, since stage tricks are old news and rock-n-roll is the new hotness. It's the most mature animated movie of its time, without being gross, violent, or sexual.
>>
>>80690372
Sounds pretty interesting.
>>
Prince of Egypt has very little comedy.
>>
anything by Laika.
Coraline
Paranorman
yes, even the Boxtrolls.
looking forward to Kubo
>>
Gargoyles (tv-show) is really mature with lots of Drama, OP
>>
>>80689612
How much screen time did Tigress get in KFP3? I only watch those movies because I ship Po and Tigress
>>
>>80690481
Prince of Egypt is one of my favorite animated movies.
>>
>>80690713
Fortunately she gets quite her bit. There is more shipping fuel and even a couple of pretty sweet moments between her and a child panda.
But the scenes between Po and her are some of the best parts of the movie. I really recommend it.
>>
>>80691161
Okay, you sold me. Did I miss out on seeing it in theaters?
>>
Nah it looks like it's still showing near me. I'll see it on discount day. Can't beat $5 movies
>>
>>80691240
I´m sorry, but you did.
The animation is some of the best Dreamworks has ever produced, especially when it comes to how massive the landscapes looks, added to the incredible fights this movie presents. When it comes to animation, KFP 3 is the best of the saga.
>>
>>80690372
Thanks for the tip.
>>
Shen was such a great character. The movie would have been even better if they kept in his backstory.
>>
Shen is my favorite Kung Fu Panda character and my favorite animated movie villain.
He´s complex, interesting, has redeeming qualities and a really unique and personal fighting style.
>>
>>80692015
>has redeeming qualities
I dunno murdering a whole race of innocent people just because some soothsayer made a prediction is pretty irredeemable IMO.
>>
>>80690494
This anon gets it. I have no fucking idea why pretty much no one on /co/ talks about LAIKA, when they're pretty much the last purely original animation studio we have. No bullshit, bo talking animals or funny sidekicks and huge starts putting songs, no nothing - they just make good animated movies... and no one remembers about them most of the time. What the fuck.
>>
>>80692101
I know. What I mean is that he´s not like Kai, for example. He can appreciate certain people, like the Soothsayer. He also showed a pang of regret when she told him the cause of his parents´s death was their grief over Shen´s loss.
He also accepts death with dignity and finds peace just before it.
>>
>>80692115
They don't stick out in the mind and I fear it's because the stop motion animation is uncommon enough peoples brains just blur it all together.
>>
>>80692101
It was out of fear for his life.

>someone can predict the future with absolute certainty
>tells you that [x person] will kill you

What would you do?
>>
>>80692215
Great point too!
>>
>>80692205
What? You'd seriously look at ParaNorman's last fight and tell me it's not memorable?
>>
>>80692539
Honestly?
Im struggling to bring it to the front of my mind
maybe it's something about stop motion and our minds but I really forget major details. That said it makes re watching them a great treat every time.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.