[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KFP trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: KFPtrilogy.png (1 MB, 1201x491) Image search: [Google]
KFPtrilogy.png
1 MB, 1201x491
How would you rate it?
>>
Fun. 8-9/10.
>>
Meh, meh and dou le meh
>>
First was good

Second was great.

Third was meh.

I want to do very lewd things with Shen
>>
2 > 1 >> 3
>>
There all good, but you can see that the premise gets less appealing with each movie.
>>
Apparently the head of Dreamworks Animation wants to make at least 3 more. To bad they peaked with 2,
>>
I haven't seen any of them.
>>
2>1>3

Tai Lung=Shen>Kai
>>
shit out of 10

fuck fox
>>
>1
A unique and funny film that exceeded the low expectations set by being a jack black starring Dreamworks film in a time when pop culture laden shit like Shark Tale and Shrek were the norm, and managed to do a lot with a very simple premise. The villain was engaging, the final fight a nice mixture of comedy and action, with the only noticeable flaw that the furious five were terribly underdeveloped. Tigress had her moments, but on the whole the others felt like filler. Overall a solid movie that's a great pick for anyone who likes animated kung fu flicks, and is nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

>2
A much more engaging film that builds beautifully off the first, giving a lot deeper of a storyline as to Po's journey, the subjects handled are a lot stronger, it pulls less punches and the villain manages to be both intimidating and quite funny, Gary Oldman blew that part out of the water. The animation is wonderful, the action is a lot more intense and ramped up, with the only flaws being the pacing, slightly mistimed jokes on occasion and, again, the Furious Five being background noise. Overall a great improvement on the first in character, animation, action and story, and definitely one of the better animated sequels to come out, and one of the rare ones that exceeds the original.
>>
>>80684643

>3
Sadly, sequel fatigue starts to set in here. A host of plots are mashed together, throwing off the pacing something terrible. The action is a massive step down compared to the second entry, with the final battle literally displaying no kung fu whatsoever, and instead being all about magic. Copying The Monkey King for the finale was a poor choice if you aren't going to go as over the top and grand as that movie went. In addition, the villain is also a huge step down, both in terms of motivation, character, humor and just plain mattering to the story. There are massive swaths where he almost feels like an after thought, particularly in the middle during Po's reconnection. While the theme of family is nicely done in some segments, it falls apart come the end, and matters very little. Being much more stuffed with humor leads to a great many more misfires, and sadly the battle in the village lacks any sense of tension or urgency as a result of it being the primary focus. While there are some wonderful moments with Po's fathers interacting, they're not enough to make up for the lacking nature of every other character connection. Even Tigress and Po's moment doesn't have that unique connection it did in the first two installments, and feels very hollow. How he defeats the villain is also painfully cliche and trite, most certainly a low moment for the series. Sadly, a step down for the franchise, and a lesser installment than the first two.

>TV show
It's pretty bad.

Overall the series is better than it had any right to be, and the first two are highly recommended. But maybe only watch the third if you want more of this universe.
>>
>>80684643
>>80684684
It's Shrek all over again
>>
>>80684719
All we need is a "better than the third, but still mediocre" fourth movie and a live-action musical.

Speaking of, wasn't there going to be a musical planned long ago?
>>
>>80684684
>Copying The Monkey King for the finale was a poor choice if you aren't going to go as over the top and grand as that movie went.

It's funny, but it's like they took the opening battle with the Jade Emperor in dragon form easily defeating the Bull Demon King, and set it in the location of the final battle with the shards of heaven floating everywhere.

Can you tell China co-produced this movie? It's subtle.
>>
>>80684932
Don't forget the side character spin-off movie.
>>
File: 1396746076511.png (866 KB, 1451x900) Image search: [Google]
1396746076511.png
866 KB, 1451x900
>They will never confess their love for one another
>feelsbad.jpg
>>
>>80685715
Did she even fucking do anything in the third movie? I think she had, what, three lines total?

At least Crane got a funny moment and got to fight.
>>
>>80684684
I'm just sad because it could have been much better. If done right and changed a few things this story could have worked very well
>>
>>80683036
> first
7.5/10 the lightest, most funny one

> second
9.5/10 the most violent, most intense and the better one

> thrid
8/10 the most zen and feel good, less amazing than the second but still pretty great
>>
>>80685984
Do any of them besides Tigress really do anything?
>>
>>80685984
Crane's scene could hardly be called a fight. In fact, I ponder what was the point of that scene. Why not just have Kai face all five and Shifu right away and save up time?

I liked Crane having two minutes of spotlight, but that scene was ultimately unecessary.
>>
2>1>>3
Third is only redeemed by the great animation and the villain's fighting style. Everything else about it was shit, especially the lackluster comedy and the zen-heaviness instead of kung-fu fighting.
Overall, I think the trilogy was nice. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>80687132
>In fact, I ponder what was the point of that scene.

I guess to set up Crane and Mantis VS the other three, so that the temple battle had more variety and comedy. It literally seemed to just be there to set up a gag to give Monkey "I'm sorry!" lines.
>>
Visuals: 9/10
Writing: 6/10
>>
>>80683036
10/10/10
>>
File: Oh, hello there.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Oh, hello there.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Overall, it's kinda hard to rate them. Each one seems to excel at something.

Story: 3 = 2 > 1

Action / Kung Fu: 2 = 1 > 3

Visuals: 3 >>> 2 > 1

Villain: 2 >>> 1 > 3
>>
>>80683036
2>1>3
>>
>>80689074
Jesus christ is the show seriously that damn ugly?
>>
File: You did not.jpg (35 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
You did not.jpg
35 KB, 852x480
>>80689660
Mm, TV series tend to get much lower animation budgets.

It got a little better in S2 and S3 due to having a different animation company, but overall it's still a massive step down from the movies.
>>
>>80689848
I would prefer them to just do the whole thing in a completely different style. Good 3D animation like what is in the films costs a bomb and trying to emulate that just looks shitty when the budget is tighter. It's clear the creators have a great appreciation for 'drawn' animation (from the dream and flashback scenes in the second film) so It could have been cool to use a style like that which could have been cheaper and not looked like complete shit.
>>
>>80689848
Also is any of the show actually good? I just tried to watch an episode and cringed too hard.
>>
File: Oh really now.png (693 KB, 1077x487) Image search: [Google]
Oh really now.png
693 KB, 1077x487
>>80690957
It's not particularly good, no. Typical slice of life / villain of the day stories. But most of the villains are crap because they need to use ancient artifacts or some other magic bullshit in order to overpower the main characters.

Which is why Fenghuang is best TV series villain, because she doesn't need any of that bullshit, she can kick the fuck out of the Furious Five on her own.

If anything though, the TV series does give focus to the Furious Five and flesh out their characters, which is nice, seeing as in the movies they don't really do much except follow Po around and save his ass.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.