[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize that Bendis' central problem is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: bendis-610.jpg (28 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
bendis-610.jpg
28 KB, 610x343
When did you realize that Bendis' central problem is that he's just dumb?

I think that's sort of the fundamental issue with him - he's not very smart. It's pretty obvious if you've read enough interviews with him.

He also lies a lot, and tries to shift blame to his artists when he can.
>>
It was when he was so proud of getting his degree that I realized, OP.
>>
File: bend it like be ndis.jpg (104 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
bend it like be ndis.jpg
104 KB, 300x400
>>80677838
>He's not smart

>Makes ungodly amounts of money on fucking comic books
>Is one of the most influential people in the comics division of Marvel.
>Is getting paid for stuff like Powers and Jessica Jones becoming shows.
>Is arguably the most well known comic writer in America other than Kirkman.

The man is smart where it counts. The bank accounts.
>>
>>80677838
Absolutely. Literally every topic he tackles he handles with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, his character voices are limited and unauthentic, and he seems pretty ignorant of plenty of topics. He also learned to write by reading guide books, so yeah, not terribly smart.
>>
>>80677838
Thinking Bendis is not Smart when he makes more money tan all of us is stupid. The man knows who to write for. If anyone it's us the ones stupid enough to keep complaining about him in an anonymous board thinking it will make a difference.
>>
>>80677875
You wouldn't be proud to finish a degree?
>>
>>80677901
>>80677977
>America.txt
>>
>>80677994
I don't think I would be bothered when I was already in one of the most influential and prestigious positions in terms of industry writing. To me it indicates Bendis had always felt he wouldn't be able to finish a degree, and was probably told he was dumb at school.
>>
>>80677977
>>80677901

If you think Bendis is in anyway a wealthy man you might be just as unintelligent as he is.

>>80677994

You really shouldn't be, unless you majored in something actually difficult
>>
>>80677901
>>80677977
Of course he's good at making money, he's a Jew. That doesn't mean he's genuinely smart, just business savvy.
>>
>>80678043
Please don't try to make this a stupid racist thing.
>>
>>80678043
I'm a Jew and poor as fuck. How do I get into the Illuminati? Nobody will give me a guide.
>>
>>80678190
Practicing Judaism and having a big nose doesn't make you a Jew. You have to have money to be considered a Jew.

Common mistake. Hitler was just wasting everybody's time by going after them all.
>>
>>80677838
Del Toro thinks Dinosaurs had a second brain in their asses and he makes great movies.
Bendis is just a lazy writer who doesn't put any effort in. That's the problem. He doesn't plan, he doesn't research and he coasts by on writing endless banter and teasing the audience with SHOCKING ideas that get dropped after an issue after they got a rise out of people and free attention.
>>
>>80678022
He lives a decent life having five children. Maybe you're too unintelligent to know that having more money doesn't always mean to be wealthy or rich.
>>
Dumb people make great things all the time. In fact I'd say most artists are legitimately retards.
>>
>>80677901
>Is arguably the most well known comic writer in America other than Kirkman.
Kek
>>
So when did you realize OP's problem was that he's just dumb?

I think that's sort of the fundamental issue with him - he's not very smart.
>>
>>80678464

Wow that was real clever anon
>>
>>80678373
>He lives a decent life having five children.

2 of which are adopted dindus. Anyone who adopts Negroes willingly has to be retarded.
>>
>>80677901
>if you're so smart, why aren't you rich?
>>
>>80678542
Exactly.
Neil DeGrasse Tyson? Smart. Rich.
Stephen Hawkings? Smart. Rich.
>>
>>80678344
It seems like after everyone started praising him for Daredevil and Alias, and after he basically kickstarted one of the worst eras of comic history with Avengers Disassembled, he started thinking his shit didn't stink and he was some kind of genius who knows better than everyone else.

And then probably the rise of Twitter when creatives learned to write off any and all criticism as "trolling" and "durr that's just the internet for you!" made him even worse.
>>
File: Stub.png (220 KB, 622x474) Image search: [Google]
Stub.png
220 KB, 622x474
>>80678542
>>
>>80678396

Except Bendis has not very made anything great.

>but muh Ultimate Spider-man....
>>
>>80677838
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
File: hi bendis.png (422 KB, 758x588) Image search: [Google]
hi bendis.png
422 KB, 758x588
>>80681063
>>
>>80682757
Sounds like you're goalpost moving because you're upset.
>>
>>80677901
I dropped out of college twice and live off of my wealthy parents. Does that make me smart?
>>
>>80685493
Yes, but nowhere near as smart as Bendis
>>
Ive never felt he was a BAD writer, he just has no sense of how to write TEAMS or anything above street level.

Give him a Street level solo book and he'll turn out a pretty decent read
>>
>>80685552
>Ive never felt he was a BAD writer
He is a bad writer.
>>
>>80685707
A bad writer?
>>
>>80685552
Yeah like his Moon Knight :^)
>>
File: Geoff_Johns_at_Wondercon_2006.jpg (36 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Geoff_Johns_at_Wondercon_2006.jpg
36 KB, 300x400
>>80677838
>I think that's sort of the fundamental issue with him - he's not very smart. It's pretty obvious if you've read enough interviews with him.
>He also lies a lot, and tries to shift blame to his artists when he can.

mmm...
>>
like, right away, probably the first book I read, I was thinking "either this writer is a moron, or he thinks we all are"
>>
>>80685992
At least he can write decent action scenes
>>
File: Illuminated Brian.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1777) Image search: [Google]
Illuminated Brian.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1777
>>
File: bendissw.png (168 KB, 1257x747) Image search: [Google]
bendissw.png
168 KB, 1257x747
>>80677838
Here's a newsflash. Nobody gets sales without a completely well crafted plan for a book. NO ONE. You think people like Morrison only do it because of his bald fucking head? He doesn't, he has a plan for everything he creates and it always Works he knows his public and who he wants to aim his books to. Same with Bendis, he has his own plan for success but guess what? His plan doesn't include you and doesn't include the faggot OP either. Bendis plan for his books includes mostly the normal population that reads comics like normal people. The ones that don't go to shit on anonymous board endlessly with thousands of threads and pastas. You know why Bendis fails with stuff like Moon Knight? Because that character doesn't appeal to the massive casual audience he usually writes for. Part of being a comic book writer is to know what YOUR audience wants. Bendis doesn't try to please everyone and he never did. He knows what he's writing and for whom he's writing. Guardians of the Galaxy is a big multimedia franchise and the new fans demand other kind of stuff that the old fans hate but he doesn't give a fuck about that because the old fans are an endangered species. In Comic Con only fucking girls asked for the Guardians and their questions were about romance between Kitty and Peter, what does that tell you? The old fandom of Guardians limits itself to this board and maybe one other page. You are the smallest vocal minority of all the minorities. I bet Gamora shippers are more numerous than you are. Even Brevoort makes fun of how few you old cosmic fans are.

Bendis isn't a hack, he just knows who to write for, and when he laughs all the way to the bank every month, he knows his way is the right one and always was.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.