[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>12 days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (70 KB, 610x604) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70 KB, 610x604
Alright, final warning.

For those of you who thought this movie would fail, here's your chance to admit you're wrong.
>>
>>80675607
Knowing Snyder, I would say "meh", but apparently one guy who has watched it already at a pre-screening gave it a score around B+ and A- , considering that he gave AoU a B- and Dark Knight an A. I predict BvS score will be around 80-90% at RT, it will surely won't fail, brahs.
>>
BASED TERRIO

He won't let us down
>>
13 days till /co/ naysayers are blown the fuck out

>Implying it won't have 95% rt
>Implying it won't be the GOAT superhero movie of all time
>>
THANK YOU BASED TERRIO
>>
I still believe that BvS will be underwhelming.
That said, it's going to be better than MoS, and I have hopes for JL and the rest of the line.

Those latest interviews about Terrio give me a lot of hopes. Still wish someone else that Snyder was directing. He's good with visuals, but I'm not sure he can juggle 6 (or 7) main characters.
>>
>>80676434
Claim your trip.
Take it like a man when you're proven wrong on the 25th
>>
File: George_Miller_Cannes_2015_2.jpg (54 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
George_Miller_Cannes_2015_2.jpg
54 KB, 800x566
>>80676434
Snyder needs to die in a slow motion explosion before he gets to the JL movie.

Marvel would be finished if George Miller got back on board.
>>
File: 78980.jpg (116 KB, 709x530) Image search: [Google]
78980.jpg
116 KB, 709x530
>>80676516

post yfw Snyder dies horribly and the DCCU has to shelf their plans in favor of a George Miller New Gods movie written by Grant Morrison
>>
File: ChrisTerrioFilmo.jpg (79 KB, 1033x380) Image search: [Google]
ChrisTerrioFilmo.jpg
79 KB, 1033x380
I liked Argo and loved what I heard from Terrio, but can we stop pretending he is our savior?
>>
>>80676720
>can we stop pretending

You know where you are?
>>
>>80676720
Just like the russos
>>
>>80676965

Literally what? Because the Russos had a shitty filmography but made a great cape movie every director with a shitty filmography is now a savior?
>>
THANK YOU BASED TERRIO
>>
I desperately try to avoid company wars here on /co/, so I hesitate to ask, but how is this guy such a folk hero on here? His only produced screenplay was for Argo. Not saying he isn't a good writer, but how could anyone know? And what the fuck is "capekino"?

Maybe BvS isn't for me, but I always appreciate superhero material that knows superheroes are a little silly and doesn't run away from that. If we're hoping that Batman and Superman fighitng eachother is going to be a profound meditation on power and stuff....aren't we setting ourselves up for disappointment?
>>
Capekino

t. Terrio
>>
>>80675607
I have so much respect for Terrio

>“I have written ‘Justice League: Part One,’ but I won’t necessarily write ‘Part Two.’ This has been the most rigorous intellectual exercise I’ve had in my writing life.” So what was so demanding about the film? Terrio explains, “For ‘Batman v Superman,’ I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology. For ‘Justice League,’ I could be reading in the same day about red-and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench.”
>>
>>80679033
>“If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would say you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had.”
>>
>>80675607
>oscars = quality

How stupid are you?
>>
>>80675607
Well, jokes on you, I don't care. I've yet to see MoS so I'm not going to see BvS.
>>
>>80677409
>And what the fuck is "capekino"?
/tv/ meme that just means "good cinematography in a cape movie"
>>
>>80679033
I really hope Terrio sticks around for JL Part 2. How jarring would it be to suddenly switch writers between two parts of one story? Artists switch out in single comic runs all the time, but writers switching out within one run is far less frequent.
>>
>It’s almost archetypal. In Batman’s origin [the murder of his parents], the primary thing I was thinking about is the fact he falls. It’s the primary metaphor for Western literature: There was a moment before and then everything fell. That brings up questions of Superman.

>I began to think Batman and Superman occupy different parts of the mythic imagination. In superhero stories, Batman is Pluto, god of the underworld, and Superman is Apollo, god of the sky. That began to be really interesting to me — that their conflict is not just due to manipulation, but their very existence. In the end, there’s a common humanity which I think is discovered at a certain moment in the film.
>>
>>80675607
THANK YOU BASED TERRIO

I actually need good luck so here goes nothing
>>
You're setting yourselves up for the same fall as MoS.

Why can't you learn, /co/?
>>
>>80675607
Thank you Based terrio!

Please be good
>>
>>80677409
Terrio is basically a meme. He wrote "Argo", which won an Oscar, which people equate to producing the greatest superhero movie script ever seen. Even though "Argo" was based on a book.

"Kino" and its variants are a /tv/ meme. Basically, it's any movie they consider high-brow or "patrician".
>>
I never said it would fail, I said it would suck. There's a difference.
>>
THANK YOU BASED TERRIO
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.