[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys let's be honest, this style was actually pretty awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1457773187228.jpg (13 KB, 480x252) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457773187228.jpg
13 KB, 480x252
Guys let's be honest, this style was actually pretty awesome and had potential to be great.

It's unlike any other art style at the moment and compared to the adventure time carp we are actually getting, this would have been a breath of fresh air.

Also the girls had their right voice actors
>>
Link to the special http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a15nw_the-powerpuff-girls-dance-pantsed-special_creation
>>
>>80673421
i think the style is amazing and it's fascinating that it's all cgi.
>>
it would have been way too expensive for a show
>>
>>80673421
I was surprised that some people didn't like this art style, though it did add some unnecessary details to some characters
>>
>Guys let's be honest, this style was actually pretty awesome and had potential to be great.

No it wasn't, it was awful.

It was most certainly *different*, but it was not good at all. I mean, It was basically RWBY's art style (which was god-awful but allowed for great animation) but with static animations commonly used in the past (which was only good for accentuating the art style and why only cartoons ever use it). It was the sort of thing where they wanted to make it look like it was a 90's cartoon but in modern 3D, but just ended up being based on the worst of both styles.

That, and they made everything brown. Really, really brown.
>>
File: ppg3.jpg (231 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ppg3.jpg
231 KB, 1280x720
>>80673421
i always thought it was awesome
>>
>>80673421
I didn't like it then and i don't like it now, but i can respect someone for trying something diferent, even if it doesn't stick, and the episode itself was nice, specially now if you compare it to the new series.
>>
>>80673421
Artstyle was the least of that travesty's problem.
>>
>It's unlike any other art style at the moment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_novelty
>>
>>80673421
That looks hideous. They look like Bratz dolls with factory defects.
>>
>>80676043
theres nothing wrong with being unique or gimmicky, and breaking things down into tropes is probably /co/'s most hypocritical problems
>>
File: 6teen-subpage-slider.jpg (65 KB, 660x275) Image search: [Google]
6teen-subpage-slider.jpg
65 KB, 660x275
>>80673421
>unlike any other art style
>>
>>80676137
It is when it's your main selling point. Also, I was breaking it down into a fallacy.
>>
I liked it. The style looked like it didn't find its footing yet but it still had charm and the humor is alright.
>>
Yeah it was a great look, too bad the internet wouldn't stop shitposting about it.
>>
STILL NO FINGER OR TOES
>>
>>80675091
its better than the actual piece of shit
>>
>>80673439
i really like it 90% of the time but that final 10% looks weird, specifically when they're making smooth movements looking around or whatever
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.