[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't /co/ tell me that this show got better? htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Iron_Patroit.png (740 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Patroit.png
740 KB, 1366x768
why didn't /co/ tell me that this show got better?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXujrYtWcE
I know it was generally randumb shit for the first time, but i'm surprised that it actually got good

Ultimate Spider-Man thread a i guess
>>
>>80665837
Has it? I downloaded the Spider-Verse episodes one night when I was sick, and to be honest it made me feel worse than I already was.
>>
>>80665837
It has its fun moments but overall it is still a mediocre show and a very poor Spider-Man show.

It also lacks heart, all of these Marvel shows do, you won't even find a moment that is as good or as powerful as anything EMH did like Cap dealing with hate post skrull invasion from the things Skull Cap did, Hank's problems with the Avengers and his breakdown, the Bruce and Hulk relationship, Tony facing a villain he created, etc... etc...

Also I really hate how Thor and Hulk are portrayed as idiots in AA, especially Thor who is portrayed as a big dumb oaf who didn’t finish Asgardian high school, ugh.

Don't get me started on the Guardians...
>>
>>80665837
Getting better doesn't mean getting good.
All of >>80667554 is true.
>>
>>80667929
That's life in general.
>>
Are they just writing for kids now? I mean I get it you don't have to try hard with writing for kids, but when you see a show that actually puts effort in its plot and characters compared to these shows. It just makes superhero shows look stupid.
>>
File: shspunisher.jpg (52 KB, 886x500) Image search: [Google]
shspunisher.jpg
52 KB, 886x500
>>80667554
>Also I really hate how Thor and Hulk are portrayed as idiots in AA, especially Thor who is portrayed as a big dumb oaf who didn’t finish Asgardian high school, ugh.

Super Hero Squad treats the characters better
>>
>>80670723
>SHS
>Wolverine Making Kebabs On his claws
>Iron Man on Iron Undies in his infinity pool

Yeah sure anon.
>>
>>80670675
Its always been aimed at kids, but each existing show has gotten a little darker and pulling out more deep cuts for the older viewers. Half of the last AA season featured Avengers vs Squad Supreme. Spider-verse wasn't great, but Ultimate Goblin and Miles Morales were pretty good. The backhalf of the season started a new Avengers Academy with lots of new recruits like Cloak & Dagger, Squirrel Girl, Triton, and Kazar. It wasn't that bad. Whizzer showed up, Arnim Zola was a reoccuring villain, and so was Task Master. The season ender was fun.

Guardians under the new animation department head has upgraded the animation style a bit. It's not Young Justice, but it's better than it was. The stories are a bit meh so far, but all of the cartoons have had weak first half of a first season. The show doesn't feel as connected to the other Marvel cartoons with the updated designs and tweaked characters. Grandmaster and the Collector are different. The Inhumans sport updated designs and different voice actors from their USM and Hulk appearances. This Sunday we're heading to Spartax.
>>
>>80670920
USM also got a change in animation style, so I suspect we'll see it during AA as well. The 4 USM vs S6 episodes are decent thus far
>>
>>80670917
>>Wolverine Making Kebabs On his claws

He's done that shit all the time in the comics
>>
>>80670991
Want a piece of fruit?
>>
>>80665837
Because like you, I had stopped watching it.
>>
There's some neat ideas here and there. The whole plot about the "mole" is actually interesting and it seems like it's telling an actual story arc throughout the season rather than just loose episodes.

But the execution is almost always dry. The characters are disposable and we are given no reason to care for them. Not to mention the re-use of main villains like Doc Ock and Goblin (or in this case, alternate Goblin. Why not Kingpin or any other crime lord? Why got Hogboblin? Why not Jackal or any other potential Big Bad?
>>
>>80665837
why does iron patriot sound like a brit
>>
>>80665837
>it actually got good
Don't lie to people.
>>
>>80672860
The "mole" is The Lizard, apparently. Unless that's a twist.
>>
>>80665837
I did like that Aunt May learned Peter's secret in that one episode
>>
>>80673058
There's a twist. Ock probably conveniently turns him into the Lizard somehow to make him seem guilty, break him out, and gain a Sinister Six member.

It'll be either Rhino or Kaine.
>>
File: Patrioteer.webm (824 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Patrioteer.webm
824 KB, 720x404
>>>/wsg/986179
>>
File: Rage.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
Rage.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>80665837
>its IronMan3's shitty Iron Patriot armor
at least its not Rhodey
>>
>>80670723
>that whole scene
I never cared for he show but that was still a hilarious way to show how fucking crazy/intense punisher can be
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.