[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill Six Billion Demons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: WON66.jpg (1007 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WON66.jpg
1007 KB, 950x1229
>A strange mercy.

>The Divine Right of Kings
>>
>>80665192
Everyone called it, but still, Mottom is fucking SAVAGE.
>>
PERISH

I love Mottom and I think Abaddon is doing a good job of setting her up as a witch of great power and capriciousness. I like her aging up and de-aging as a character trait, as well. Using her wand as a fork is a nice touch.
>>
>>80665192
RIP Pryan Sor

>>80665286
>using her wand as a fork
>implying it's not a fork being used as a wand
>>
>The power to tend to the hungers of others. Eternally.

>...Alright, someone wheel this man tree out of here.
>>
>>80665647
>implying Mottom won't finish eating him for dinner
>>
So is he going to grow normal fruit or nasty scrotum fruits?
>>
>>80665744
maybe both. the whole challenge is picking the right one to eat
>>
>>80665192
777777 universes, and theyre all robe wearing hindu-ish people
except earth
>>
>>80665192

>mottom will never turn you into a tree and tenderly pluck your fruit
>>
>>80666089
I know Pryan Sor is a beautiful, charismatic man, but you don't have to stare at him only and ignore literally all of the characters around him.
>>
>>80666089
India has like, a 6th of the entire world population dude. We're already part of the way there.
>>
so the key isn't just "be stronger" it's basically just godlike magic powers, ok

allison is going to fuck up using hers somehow
>>
The most obvious twist ever but still METAL AS FUCK.

Good job.
>>
I wonder how she made herself young again. Illusion, maybe, or maybe she was rather starved when she was at that meeting and the reason she harvests all these worlds is because gorging herself rejuvenates her.
>>
>>80665192

>You want to talk shit all over my court?
>Fuck you! You are a tree now.
>>
>>80667090

Probably, her sin is greed right?
>>
>>80667090
Pretty sure she eats people's lifeforce, soul and/or physical form and de-ages.
>>
>>80666605
Mottom is specifically a witch. It's not certain all the demiurges have the same powerset.
>>
>>80667390
Is this bait?
>>
>>80667435

No, I was under the impression that The Seven are a play on the seven deadly sins trope.
>>
>>80667526
They are. Mottom is gluttony, anon. How could you not tell that?

Mammon, the wealth-collecting dragon named after the biblical term for money, is greed.
>>
>>80667526
Come on bro, follow the clues. She just got called a world EATER. Put 0+0 together.
>>
>>80667589
>>80667598

Shit, I guess I got carry away with all the tribute brought in the last few pages.
>>
>>80667642
Mottom - gluttony
Solomon David - pride
Incubus - lust
Mammon - greed
Jagganoth - wrath
Gog-Agog - envy
Jadis - sloth
>>
>>80666089

Nigga what, almost every background character in Mottom's court looks like a mishmash of 18th century European characters.

Fucking loving it.
>>
>>80665192
yo thats rad as fuck
is this worth getting into?
>>
>>80667767
yes, and dont forget to read the lore bits along with the pages, they're pretty good.
>>
>>80667767
nah, its just feminist garbage, the main character is an animu nerdy girl running around being a strong independent woman. there's also a trans character and a lesbian character
>>
>>80667916
Why do you LIE like that, anon.
>>
>>80667767
yup.

>>80667891
also, read the alt-text
>>
File: Capture.png (24 KB, 659x315) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24 KB, 659x315
>>80668068
Not that anon but it's technically true.
>>
>>80668068
He technically isnt lying.
>>
>>80668194
It's not true. Cio is outright confirmed to have an ex-boyfriend and a husband, and the closest human term to her sexuality (given she's a shapeshifting immortal devil bound to a mask) would be pansexuality.

82 White Chain has elements of being transsexual but can't be considered anything remotely like it because she's not a human: she's an immortal, sexless entity among a society of entities who default to a male gender, which she disagrees with.

It's evident from the comic that neither angels nor devils can exist in their raw form outside of the void without restrictions and binding. I think that 82's adoption of gender is related to that a bit, as well.
>>
File: KSBD84-1.jpg (111 KB, 512x436) Image search: [Google]
KSBD84-1.jpg
111 KB, 512x436
dont forget about muh diversity
>>
>>80668345

That's the least white sorority I've ever seen
>>
>>80668320
Well if you're being semantic about it, then yeah.

I'm still going to anticipate on Cio and Allison's eventual budding romance.
>>
I can't believe the author of this webcomic posts quality pages on such a regular basis.
I feel so spoiled. K6BD is the best.
>>
>>80668345
didn't he make fun of himself for this?
>>
>>80668345
wtf there are people that arent exactly like me? what is this sjw bullshit
>>
>>80668345
I remember Abaddon making jokes about how they went way too overboard with the diversity just so he could have the roommate make the "is that a bindi" comment"
>>
>>80668345
It's a university dorm. This is where Tumblr lives, people.

>>80668320
This. All the people bitching about White Chain being a tranny is bullshit, since she's probably the least shoehorned example of a character with a gender problem in the history of webcomics. She's an immortal spark of eternal white flame, and everyone insists on making it a sausage fest regardless. The whole "Angels don't have gender!" argument is fundamentally flawed because the other angels all identify each other as masculine, and balk at femininity specifically.

She's actually the least mortal gender obsessed angel of them all, because she realizes she can be whatever the fuck she wants.

Overall, the justification for this whole gender crisis is probably the most interesting example I've seen in media as a whole, let alone webcomics. I personally don't give all that much of a shit what Tumblr Feminism claims as its own in terms of subject matter. I'm down for anything if it's well written and interesting.
>>
>>80667642
While greed is an unhealthy preoccupation with material things, gluttony is desiring/demanding an unreasonable amount of such things. Overeating is just one example of this. Mottom demanding that her subjects pretty much devote all of their industry and natural resources to giving her stuff isn't a result of her preoccupation with material wealth, but an unfathomable desire for more of everything that has no regard for others.

I have a feeling that jew dragon will be preoccupied with running a healthy economy and demanding a constant, but not crippling, percentage of everyone's profits in gold. This gets hard for those that trade primarily in goats, fiat, or buttcoins. The difference between them is that Mammon is possible to satisfy, even only temporarily.

Mammon = "Fuck you, I got mine."
Mottom = "Break your backs and bring me more! More! MOAR!"
>>
>>80670472
In all honestly, lust, gluttony, and greed are all kind of similar, in the regard that they all encompass want and desire. Lust wasn't even specifically for sexual sins, originally, and instead just acting on wanton desires for material earthly things.
>>
>>80670472
Naw, see, Mammon is running a Bankocracy. Everyone's paying interest.

The obsession over a healthy economy sounds more like Solomon David's shtick. He's prideful, so obviously his 7th of the multiverse has to be more perfect and successful as everyone else's. From what I've heard, David's empire is incredibly strict and tyrannical, but the people who follow the rules live prosperous lives, if not free lives. Anyone who tries to subvert the authority is crushed wholesale.

I'm pretty certain Mammon's "empire" functions like an interdimensional loanshark, lending money that it expects to lose, and taking the debt, with interest, out of your planet/holdings/hide.
>>
>>80670623
Oooooh, I like that version better.

>>80670618
I read once on tvtropes, and I didn't bother to corroborate with other sources that lust was specifically the preoccupation with abstract things (sex, love, beauty, thrills, knowledge, success, etc), as opposed to greed's preoccupation with concrete, material things.
>>
>>80670618
The distinctions between lust, gluttony, and greed have been muddled across time and translation. For instance, "lust" was once commonly understood to be impurity/rendering oneself impure, whoring oneself not just sexually, but also in principles and devotions or ideals; "gluttony" was lack of discipline and self-control, and in general all evils that come with excess and empty pleasures; and "greed" was blinding/binding oneself with earthly or material desires, in addition to general selfishness, and more importantly, isolation from both unity with one's community and unity with God.
>>
>>80666089
Wait, when did we see the other 777776 universes in the comic?
>>
>>80667307
Made me kek.
>>
>>80668345
went to college, can confirm
>>
>>80670623
I hope it's got a lot of Judeo-Christian inspiration.
>>
I'm loving this Indo-Gothic architecture that is being used in this section. Can't wait to see Allison's reaction to what she is up against.
>>
Mottom's happy, satiated expression at the end is cute
>turned this guy into a tree
>now he's gonna produce fruit FOREVA
>gonna be able eat him like a million times over instead of just once
>>
>>80670618
So what's gonna be up with Incubus then? He already seems to be the most dangerous of the Seven to me.
>>
>>80674803
>Incubus’ worlds are brutal anarchy, with what little of value there picked apart by the bloody warlords he hand raised from the remnants of the most powerful army in the universe.
>>
>>80674844
Kinda hard to tell how that is lust-related. Is it about giving in and doing whatever the fuck you want?
>>
>>80674855
Who knows anon? I personally think Incubus is the kind of guy who lusts for power and novelty to break them in the use of them. But we will surely find out in the comic!
>>
>>80674855
Which is why he's the most dangerous. It's that kind thinking that fucked up Throne in the first place, hence why I think he's gonna end up at least the most important of the Seven. Or at least try to stop Allison by seducing her.
>>
File: WON44r.jpg (380 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON44r.jpg
380 KB, 900x1165
>>80674890
>>80674882
>>80674855
>>80674844
>>80674803
So far, he's shaping up to be the penultimate boss.
>>
>>80674916
Yeah see. Dressing up like some weird boyband ripoff and talking like he's a college kid instead of an insane god. He's trying to seduce.
>>
>>80671065
Well, it's just that the centre of the universe is full of people in Indian getup. Which is interesting because it seems that in Mottom's palace there's a more steampunk-european/arab/chinese theme among the aristocrats.

I wonder if we'll see a more varied fashion sense like this elsewhere in Throne.
>>
>>80668345
what's with all the niggers?
>>
>>80674965
The comic IS inspired by Morrowind's stuff, which has a heavy indian/eastern bent to it.
>>
>>80674929
too bad Allison is the biggest closeted homo ever
>>
>>80676023
I'm not saying he can't change his mind, but Abaddon did confirm she isn't gay. She could be bisexual
>>
>>80676038
I think that's a difference between this Allison and MSPA Allison.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.