[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (314 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314 KB, 1024x768
What'd you guys think of this show? Personally I like it more then BTAS which is one of my favorite cartoons. Plus it had by far my favorite version of Joker
>>
I hated it at first because of the designs, but it was actually pretty good. I like its version of Joker, it's different and fresh, and you can't really follow up Hamill's GOAT Joker from BTAS with something similar, it will just fall flat.
Also, it had a really great first opening theme.
>>
>>80663485
I remember watching an episode, just one. And it had bruce wayne in an opera listening to his headphones. And i'm just like 'nah this is fucking stupid' and turned it off.
>>
>>80663485
I know you're baiting, but I'll respond anyway.

I like it, but not at first. Took a few years. I hate the fact they took incredible characters like Mr. Freeze and Man-Bat which had deep backstories, and made them generic thugs and psychopaths. Also most of those designs are stupid and the music is out of place and way too noticeable.

I really do like the show. I'd recommend it to any Batman fan, but It's not even remotely as great as TAS.
>>
File: batman clubs.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
batman clubs.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>80663485
Sexy loli-looking college age Barbra having homolust adventures with same age Poison Ivy where fantastic.
>>
>>80663485
The only non TAS batman cartoon i think i would recommend to anyone is Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Which I dismissed at first before I watched it and realized it was a fucking cartoon version of silver age batman. And I wondered how the fuck the creators convinced anyone to let them make this.
>>
>>80664537
To add to this, the postives are the incredible action sequences, Robin seems a bit more useful, and it has the best Penguin in the history of any Batman cartoon.
>>
>>80663485
I'd put it behind BTAS and BATB and ahead of BTB, which I could just not get into.
>>
>>80664614
wait robin was in the show? isnt this about a young batman. what is robin like five years old?
>>
>>80664784
He comes in during season 4. Bruce would be about 30 or 31 at that point.
>>
I personally liked how some characters were introduced, like batgilr, robin, GL, Harley, Harley and Harley too
>>
I only watched the first two seasons
Those were overly formulaic and dull
People told me that it gets good after that, but a show shouldn't get a 2 starting season period of being dull and still get a chance. I guess the name Batman counts for a lot
>>
>>80663485
It's pretty mediocre. It has some fantastic episodes and some truly horrible ones, but most of the time it's just in the middle.

It's the weakest of the post-B:TAS shows, but even the weaker Batman cartoons are still fine.
>>
>>80664895
There were some good episodes in the first two seasons. Mainly dealing with Ethan Bennett. Also the Laughing Bat, Ragdolls to Riches and Strange Minds.
>>
>>80664590
The fuck is Mystique doing there?
>>
>>80664957
Beware the Batman was complete shit. CGI Batman. Fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>80664986
The animator doesn't know shit about comics. Honestly, I'm more annoyed at the Fact Batman is wearing an all black suit.
>>
>>80664986
Twerking, obviously
>>
I don't really give a flying fuck about what you fags think or say. It was right up there with TAS. I have encountered plebs IRL who go "That show sucks, bro" no matter how much I explain it's quality. The show was good. Probably too good for it's time. You know what I think the problem is? When people see it they think "It's not Batman the animated series, so it sucks." Without even giving the show a damn chance. With those expectations you are bound to be disappointed since you are expecting some copypasta of shit you already seen. Just like the rest of DC it's a good AU interpretation. You don't know how much it grinds my gears to see this show disregarded and upright disrespected because faggots have this narrow ass view on it.

Here is all the dumb shit people have said when asked why they don't like the show:

>It's not TAS(Like I already explained)
>I don't like the designs!
>The Joker doesn't look like the Joker and there is no Mark Hamill voicing him!
>I don't like Penguin's new minions!
>Why does the Riddler look like a fag?!
>They call Mr. Freeze just Freeze! Where is his tragic backstory?!
>It's not dark enough!
>It was too kiddy!(Bull. Shit)
>It's not like the comics!
>The plots are "stupid".
>Why is Batman with Batgirl before Robin?
>I don't like the phrase "THE Batman".
>It was only made to sell toys(Some faggot upright told me this shit in my face)
>They don't have the main cast I'm used to every single continuity!

What kind of complaints are these? Fucking tell me? To me I was served a good meal and have to put up with bitches talking all kinds of ridiculous shit about the dish.
>>
>>80665007
CGI wasn't great, but it had far more positives with the writing, voice acting, etc.
>>
>>80663485
absolute trash made for school children

I don't know how it manages to make Batman and all his rogues totally generic
>>
>>80665160
Sometimes I just want to see Batman beat up some cool looking villians. And this show really delivers. I personally love it.
It's not like B:TAS didn't have a lot of dull episodes of it's own
>>
>>80665160
Didn't you post this before?
>>
>>80665160

>It's not TAS(Like I already explained)
You're right. It isn't a good reason to not like it
>I don't like the designs!
To be fair, some of the designs are legitimately bad.
>The Joker doesn't look like the Joker and there is no Mark Hamill voicing him!
You're right. Different show. Different looks. They would of just continued TAS if everything was the same
>I don't like Penguin's new minions!
They aren't a big deal but they have the right to not like them
>Why does the Riddler look like a fag?!
Okay that was a horrible horrible design.
>They call Mr. Freeze just Freeze! Where is his tragic backstory?!
The fact he was a common crook with no tragic backstory is BAD writing. That is a valid reason to not like it.
>It's not dark enough!
It's subjective. I personally don't care.

1/2. rest wont fit.
>>
>>80665160
Look, copypasta!
>>
>>80663485
It didn't take itself seriously, and it was clear why. Everything about the show screams b-grade low budget low imagination crap meant to pander to young audiences and appeal to brand recognition, nothing more.
>>
>>80665076
u even watched the video? Mystique's there because she's hot, thats all
>>
I didn't hate freeze, but he seemed inexplicably smart for a common crook, his power jump needed explanation.
>>
>>80664502
You missed some enjoyable shit anon
>>
>>80665430
>It was too kiddy!(Bull. Shit)
It was at times.
>It's not like the comics!
It wasn't and it should have been more faithful to the source material
>The plots are "stupid".
some actually were
>Why is Batman with Batgirl before Robin?
That is a problem. It completely fucks up the timeline.
>I don't like the phrase "THE Batman".
It does get annoying after awhile. I'd be the nice if characters in the show would just say "Batman"
>It was only made to sell toys(Some faggot upright told me this shit in my face)
Batman cartoons are always made for the idea of making money of it. especially toys.
>>
>>80663485
I loved it and still do as much as BTAS. Very good designs and a much more optimistic take on the mythos compared to the Timmverse.
>>
It was basically Neon Talking Super-Street Bat-Luge Batman: The Show.

It had a few moments though.
>>
>>80664895
Sometimes shows get retooled between seasons. The differences before and after can be huge, and pretty much be a different show at that point.
>>
>>80665400
Yes, I was about to write up another rant but I remembered this posts sums up my feelings right enough.

I had enough of people badmouthing this show for arbitrary reasons.
>>
>>80665555
holy shit you faggot
>>
I enjoyed it, but I don't have that much investment in Batman to begin with.
>>
>>80665626
Quads are never faggots.
>>
>>80665718
You're a faggot too
>>
>>80665626

Quads for the truth, anon. You gotta deal with it.
>>
>>80665746
>I..I don't like facts so you g..guys are f..fags.

fine I'll be a fag, but Quadzilla had a point. Now stop shitposting and dtay on topic.
>>
I miss Ellen Yin
>>
>>80665076
>Dude who sneaks around in the dark.
>He shouldn't have an all black suit.

U shittin' me?
>>
>>80665160
I usually don't just dismiss posts by simply calling them "autistic" but for this I have to make an exception.

Because it's autistic.
>>
>>80665821
Why'd they stop using her?
>>
>>80665821
I was annoyed that they just dropped her after Season 2. Ethan Bennett showed up one more time, even Detective Cash showed up in Season 3.
>>
>>80665896
Fuck off you're autistic too
>>
>>80665896
What's autistic is the people not giving the show a chance because they think it did so many things wrong when it just did things different.
>>
>>80665854
It's a grown man in a Batsuit. Don't try to throw realism at me. All black Batsuits are garbage.
>>
>>80665555
Holy shit nice numbers
Also, "fucks up the timeline?" How can it fuck up it's OWN timeline?
>>
It's not BTAS or The Brave and the Bold, so it's shit.
>>
>>80665793
saying it completely fucks up the timeline makes him a faggot. He's literaly bitching about it being "not muh" and fails to get the idea its not meant to be set in the comics history.
>>
>>80664537
Why is it bait when it's his opinion
>>
File: he's right you know.jpg (72 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
he's right you know.jpg
72 KB, 800x598
>>80665626
Deal with it.
>>
>>80665896
i mean it really isn't, a bit overbearing but hardly anything screams autism?
>>
I liked Season 1 of it where it was young Batman and Alfred taking stuff on, very strong concept.

But then they pussied out at nerds being mad at them on the internet and just turned it into generic normal batman instead of sticking to their guns.
>>
>>80666019
except he isnt?
>>
>>80665990
>I'm a grown man. Don't try to throw me. All black Batsuits are fantastic.

FTFY
>>
>>80665949
>>80665986
>>80666055
>>80666086
It's autistic because you're obsessed and lack the self-awareness to realize the hypocrisy of your post.

Yeah, it's bad that most don't give the show a chance but it's also bad to say they are comepletely wrong about every criticism just because YOU like everything.

And to be clear, I like this show too but I'm not an entitled sperg about it. Clayface was my favorite part (until he became just another villian) and I also liked their take on the Joker because of how borderline inhuman he could be.
>>
>>80666293
haha, only one of those is me you dumb fuck
>>
>>80664784
It's weird. We get Nightwing, Babs and Tim all in a relatively small amount of time; and Green Arrow shows up also. And I don't think Dick was ever a Robin; or it all happened in a backstory.
>>
>>80666012
Every single iteration has Batman meet Robin before Batgirl except The Batman. It's inexcusable. Follow the fucking comics. Not even specifically referring to TAS.
>>
>>80666388
If we always follow the comics, we never would've gotten Heart of Ice you idiot. Why must there only be one single timeline and interpretation?
>>
>>80666388
Man thats retarded, i did a great job of followin the comics and improved a fair few of the original characters. But its bad that it doesn't follow the common trend? Shit like that shouldn't trigger you so much autist.
>>
>>80666388
Just because "Every single iteration" of Batman does it doesn't mean they all have to.
>>
>>80666388
Did that really take anything away?
>>
>>80666332
>he still doesn't get it
Hope you suffer from an accute gastrointestinal infection so the shit coming out of your ass matches the shit coming out of your mouth.
>>
>>80666017

''... and its better than the most beloved Batman show and also I think that the Joker that is universally hated is the best one.''

don't play dumb, this is 4chan, trolls are everywhere
>>
>>80666388
You'd really hate Beware the Batman then. Not only does Babs join Batman first, but she also becomes Oracle before Batgirl and isn't even paralyzed.
>>
>>80666485
>>80666500
Not them but wasn't Batman against having a partner before he had to take Robin in? He was only okay with Batgirl because he already had Robin.
>>
>>80666488
>>80666485
>>80666470
You make it seem like Batgirl appearing before Robin had a real purpose. No one was even talking about a show changing or improving characters, Just a basic timeline for when they should take place.

Obviously you wouldn't Have Damian Wayne be Robin before Dick Grayson
Peter Parker doesn't fight Green Goblin before being bitten
Barb isn't Batman's sidekick before Robin.
>>
>>80665908
>>80665917

Because Batgirl got the greenlight to come in. I don't know how true the Bat Embargo is but if it is to be believed it is why we had to wait so long for Robin. He was already in teen titans which was on its last legs. Batgirl just got the go ahead first however. It was obvious they were setting Yin and Bats to have a partnership that had developed from animosity but as soon as they didn't nee her she was dropped harder than Daniel Bryants career. It will never not piss me off because it happened between seasons. I would have preferred that they just ran with the season finale plot and had her move out of Gotham after losing her job. However, she keeps her place on the force and then immediately after is nowhere to be found come S3.
>>
But Bat's didn't meet Batgirl first. He met Nightwing first; who was never Robin; then Batgirl, then Tim and I don't believe there was ever any mention of Jason.
>>
>>80666512
man, i wasnt even rude in my initial response, you're the one that acted like a bitter tard
>>
>>80666763
There never is a mention of Jason even though He's a much better character than Tim. Annoys the fuck out of me when they skip over him.
>>
>>80666578

Not him but that fucking triggers me
>>
>>80666673
It wouldnt change anything to have had babs before dick in the comics

It would change many things to have damian before dick

this is really fucking simple
>>
>>80666838
Because Jason's an edgelord at the end of the day.
>>
>>80666673
thats not sound logic.
The robins after Dick grayson wish to live up to the shadow of he original 'best' robin. Damian wayne wants to be the best out of all the robins as he is batmans true son not the pretenders. Theres a thematic character reason for that.

Peter parker fights green goblin because he has fucking super powers. Him doing so before doesnt make sense.

Theres no particular reason barbara couldnt have been batmans sidekick before robin. Not saying it isnt kinda lame just saying theres no reason an alternate take on the universe couldn't have that.
>>
>>80663485
It had a better good to bad episode ratio than Btas.

Animation was good, fight.scenes amazing, designs fresh and stories really good
>>
>>80666553
But he is right
>>
>>80666374
Did you watch the show?
>>
>>80666862
Tim is the worst. He's a watered down Dick but supposedly a great detective which is useles when you have fucking Batman. Then He grows up to be a whiny self-centered prick. Seriously fuck Tim.
>>
File: 20051.jpg (51 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
20051.jpg
51 KB, 700x400
Dat chin change
>>
>>80666993
Time never was the favorite Robin so there is no use getting worked up over him.
>>
>>80666993
Nah. I kinda dig Tim to SOME degree even though hes far from my fav robin. But holy shit he aint worse than Jason Figgidyfaggy shoulda stayed dead Todd.
>>
>>80667042
Jason was right the entire time though.

I also love the Red Hood character when written properly. The reason why some don't like him is because of the emo shit shitty writers write about him.

Jason is a better character than Tim.
>>
>>80666978
it's been a decade
>>
>>80667017
Batman looked OK with the first chin, but Bruce always looked awkward.
>>
It had it's moments but it suffered from being the latest step in the DC cartoon's slow march away from seriousness. The majority of the time it seemed like there wasn't any real gravitas to anything going on, it always seemed like the fights and schemes were something out of The Venture Bros and not in a good way. It wasn't as good of a "serious" Batman as Batman the Animated Series, it wasn't as good of a goofy batman as Brave and the Bold, there's simply nothing to really point to where it stood above other shows.
>>
I'm mixed. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but they feel really different from the rest of the show. Honestly would have preferred batgirl, robin, and the JL not coming into the picture.

Beware the batman was better in using non-TAS rogue gallery villains I think.
>>
>>80668723
I think Adam Beechen's interpretation of Bane was slightly better than Paul Dini's, by deign of feeling less spiteful and actually allowing him to break the Bat, even if he does come back in record time. Also, I really liked his pre-venom design, and how it incorporated the trenchcoat from Vengeance of Bane that Nolan would also lift.
>>
>>80669361
Season four was actually pretty good with the sidekicks at full play. The stories felt darker, every nearly every episode felt like an event, there was a lot to enjoy.

Season five came and ruined that, though.
>>
>>80663485
Not the best Batman show nor the worst. Completely forgettable in the grand scheme of things. I have the same opinion with Beware the Batman.
>>
>>80669361
My problem with Beware the Batman is that the B-listers they adapted wee changed to be more like the usual Batman villains. Professor Pyg was the worst example.
>>
>>80670913
The only one that would fit that is Anarky being a weird Joker/Riddler combo.

The others were pretty much their own thing. Even Pyg's "eco-terrorist" motivations were half-assed and just an excuse to terrorize people. His third appearance made that very obvious.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.