[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a potential world-ending crisis in capecomics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
Has there ever been a potential world-ending crisis in capecomics (or any western media) that was diverted through diplomacy?

The reason I asked is because I just finished the movie for Gundam 00, in which the earth was faced with a nigh unstoppable foe that had attacked based upon a misunderstanding.
Normally when an invasion occurs in cape comics, supers generally resolve it by beating the crap out of the invaders. So I thought it refreshing when watching a situation which could not be fought out of so easily, if at all.
>>
>>80659751

undertale
>>
>>80659785
I wish I didn't open that spoiler as I didn't finish that game yet.
>>
>>80659751
Wasn't that the plot to Star Trek IV?
>>
>>80659807

is it really a spoiler? mercy is showcased as a feature of the game.
>>
>>80659853
I didn't know that the fate of the world revolved around your actions, I just started the game.

>>80659830
Star Trek completely slipped my mind desu
>>
>>80659874
>>80659830
Actually scratch that, I've never watched Star Trek, so I wouldn't know in the first place.
>>
>>80659751
You do know that Setsuna could've solo'd the entire ELS fleet by himself with the Qan[T], right? I mean yeah, he would've died of exhaustion after a full week of all-out combat, but still. That suit was just that strong.

But yeah Star Trek IV is what you're looking for. It's basically the same premise as the 00 movie.
>>
>>80660839
Well minus the giant robots going PEW PEW and with more time travel fish out of water jokes and anti-waling sentiment, but basically the same film yes.
>>
Alan Moore's Swamp Thing versus the Darkness of all creation's shadow
>>
I like it when diplomacy is the solution. I love win-win endings where the "bad guys" turn out to have understandable motives instead of being mustache twirling villains.
>>
>>80659874
>I didn't know that the fate of the world revolved around your actions, I just started the game.
Keep playing and don't worry about it, he didn't actually spoil jack.
>>
>>80659807
Don't worry, he is lying.

When the fate of the world is at stake, Diplomacy actually fails.
>>
>>80659830
Kinda? They went back in time and grabbed some whales
>>
>>80659785
That ani't no capecomic.
>>
>>80666384

>Has there ever been a potential world-ending crisis in capecomics (or any western media) that was diverted through diplomacy?
>(or any western media)
>>
>>80660839
That was an estimation made by Veda PRIOR to the data about the ELS being able to assimilate everything metal.
>>
File: Goodnight Exia.jpg (48 KB, 253x206) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Exia.jpg
48 KB, 253x206
So we got Swamp Thing, Star Trek, and Undertale?
Thought there would be more. Ah well, thanks anyways guys.

>>80660839
Dunno why people keep saying that. That estimation was made with only numbers in mind, not capabilities. Plus if Setsuna decided to war with the ELS, there's a 100% chance that everyone he loved would have died in that battle.
>>
>>80659751
Irredeemable iirc
>>
>>80659751
Ben 10 Alien Force was 99% shit but En stopped the genocidal alien empire by fixing the problem that they were motivated by.
>>
It's not western, but iirc this happens in naruto.

He talks to the big bad built up guy and convinces him to not be a dick.
>>
>>80669221
Never saw Naruto. Sounds like some dope ass shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 672x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 672x375
I wish it happened more often.
>>
>>80669221
Naruto is the ultimate bullshit story though, so it shouldn't count for anything.
>>
File: Peridance.gif (163 KB, 340x570) Image search: [Google]
Peridance.gif
163 KB, 340x570
Honestly watching how Steven U is progressing, that may very well be how it ends.
>>
File: Setsuna Understood.jpg (329 KB, 1498x369) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna Understood.jpg
329 KB, 1498x369
Does /co/ have an equivalent to Setsuna?
>>
>>80669455
It's best when it doesn't happen often. When it becomes part of the character's regular powerset they either become Naruto and talk every enemy into joining them, or Ender and use this knowledge to instakill the enemy.

When it's a rare occurrence it feels significant, as something that usually resulted in bloodshed is solved without it, and it's refreshing. Too much and it becomes expected.
>>
File: batman-ace.jpg (85 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
batman-ace.jpg
85 KB, 1200x600
>>80659751

Well she was just a child who is afraid of dying
>>
>>80659751
>(or any western media)
The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
>>
>>80659751
The 00 movie is shit. Even fucking CCA is better.
>>
File: 15.jpg (624 KB, 1024x1615) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
624 KB, 1024x1615
>>80659751
>Has there ever been a potential world-ending crisis in capecomics (or any western media) that was diverted through diplomacy?
Not world-ending, but a personal threat to the hero.
>>
>>80659751
Two of the three times the The Thunderbolts stopped Graviton, a madman who had power over the forces of gravity, they did so via talking to him.

The third time was an absolute fucking bloodbath, though.
>>
>>80659751

There was no actual diplomacy involved in that movie. Diplomacy presumes compromise, not explaining basic things about the universe, like "total destruction of the other party's corporeal forms = bad" to moron aliens.
>>
File: karate kid bellri.png (199 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
karate kid bellri.png
199 KB, 500x700
>>80674824
go fuck yourself
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.