[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since amazing spiderman is done I guess we are never going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 315x160
Since amazing spiderman is done I guess we are never going to get this guy's story
>>
>>80656746
Nope!
It's for the best, though.
I will admit the idea of a movie about a team of villains sounds great.
I guess Suicide Squad might be ok.
>>
I liked the Amazing films better than Raimi's.
>>
File: AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-RHINO.jpg (54 KB, 612x306) Image search: [Google]
AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-RHINO.jpg
54 KB, 612x306
Since the series ended on this shot I guess it's safe to say the Rhino killed Spider-Man.
>>
>>80656817
Haven't seen the second one, but the first one was easily the best spiderman movie to date. I really don't think I'll ever see a decent venom in my lifetime.
>>
>>80656746
He's Gustav Fiers from the novel "The Gathering of the Sinister Six", he was directly responsible for the death of Peter's parents because they're double agents in his criminal organization as his story is shitty and not worth being told. There you go.
>>
>>80656817
I'm sorry you feel that way.
>>
File: 1249819-foom_v1_022.jpg (197 KB, 972x1280) Image search: [Google]
1249819-foom_v1_022.jpg
197 KB, 972x1280
>>80656865
>the first one was easily the best spiderman movie to date.

Uncle Ben died for Chocolate milk.
>>
>>80657135
He was a real hero
>>
>>80657135
People die for less everyday, what is your point?
>>
>>80656746
>Ock being a routine science experiment
glad none of this shit happened.
>>
>>80656746
Didn't the Sony leaks reveal that Sony themselves didn't know what the fuck they were doing with the character or working toward and were making the stuff up as they go along?

Kind of happy that they aren't going to give all the villains a common origin anymore, though.
>>
>>80657199
>Didn't the Sony leaks reveal that Sony themselves didn't know what the fuck they were doing with the character or working toward and were making the stuff up as they go along?

Sort of

Sinister Six was the big plan for Spidey 3, and then somewhere around the time of production on ASM2 the Sony execs thought they should launch a Spidey cinematic universe, and use ASM2 to set it all up. At that point, Sinister Six became it's own thing (without spidey for some reason), talks of Venom began, and they wanted to do a female lead film, which may have been about Gwen Stacy or a young Aunt May

Terrible ideas really.
>>
>>80657297
How can you POSSIBLY fuck up this hard?
>>
File: Trouble_Vol_1_1.jpg (43 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
Trouble_Vol_1_1.jpg
43 KB, 250x391
>>80657297
>or a young Aunt May
>We will never get Trouble: The Motion Picture

Fuck the MCU
>>
>>80657407
It's a shame The CW and DC are buds, a Trouble adaptation would be right up their alley.
>>
>>80657297
>wants a female lead
>Doesn't make it a Black Cat movie
Also those Sony e-mails were a blast to read. Reading about Tom Hardy as Sandman was great.
>>
>>80657135
If you got to go chocolate milk is a good reason if it was strawberry milknow I'd call bs
>>
>>80657532
>Also those Sony e-mails were a blast to read.

The part about Spidey being some fitness dork who tweets "NBD" because it's "no big deal to him"

Good lord
>>
>>80657532
"Fuck you magic tricks!"
>>
>>80656865
>but the first one was easily the best spiderman movie to date

the first amazing spider-man is not only the WORST spider-man movie, it may be one of the worst superhero movies in general.

It get nearly everything about the character wrong.
>>
>>80658134
I thought it was boring, but one of the worst in general? Come on, that's an overstatement. There are so many shit superhero flicks that just being a mediocre movie isn't enough to put you on the worst-ever list anymore. I mean, we have F4 and Catwoman and Elektra and Ghost Rider and Jonah Hex and Batman & Robin, just to name a few.
>>
>We'll never see Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen in skintight white spandex either
>>
Good riddance.
>>
>>80658134
>it may be one of the worst superhero movies in general.
In a world where elektra, jonah hex, and thor all exist, you're full of shit and hate on it just to hate on it. Come back when you have an actual reason as to why you hate it.
>>
>>80658134
>It get nearly everything about the character wrong.
Like what exactly? Because garfield was an infinitely better spiderman and peter parker than fat faced 40 year old tobey maguire was.
>>
>>80658134
ASM2 is worse, honestly.
>too much shit crammed in there
>disease Harry has had his whole life just happens to show up when dad dies
>shoehorned Green Goblin
>threw Gwen's death in there in such a way that it had little impact
>main villains less entertaining than Rhino
>that cocktease ending where it stops just before a kickass fight
Movie was so bad it warped spacetime and put gum on my seat at the theater. Suit was awesome and when he was in the suit Spidey himself was ok, but man, fuck ASM2.
>>
>>80658569
You're really comparing Thor to stuff like Elektra?
>>
>>80658775
Absolutely. If Thor had come out at any other time when the MCU hype machine wasn't at it's peak, it would have bombed horrendously. It was a really really bad movie with not a single redeemable thing in it, except for maybe hiddletons acting since he seemed to be the only one who gave a fuck about being there.
>>
>>80658601
>Because garfield was an infinitely better spiderman and peter parker than fat faced 40 year old tobey maguire was.

I'm sure you worked real hard on this, but unfortunately it's impossible to believe that wooden performance was infinitely better than anything.

I do love this breed of defensive ASM fans that lash out at the Raimi films, though. You'd blend right in if you were more subtle.
>>
>>80658775
>You're really comparing Thor to stuff like Elektra?
Shirtless Hemsworth doesn't make a movie good, guy.
>>
>>80658838
>that lash out at the Raimi films, though.
It's more like recognizing that they haven't aged well at all, something you're completely incapable of doing since you refuse to take off the nostalgia goggles wrapped around your head. But go ahead and keep strawmanning.
>>
>>80657178
I wouldn't want to watch a movie about those people.
>>
I understand its a "universe franchise" and they have to seed the stuff slowly and unravel the story slowly and all that shit, but god fuck the second movie ended and I literally dont know shit about the overarching plot.

The first movie is almost like a trailer for a movie to come. The second was supposed to be the one shit starts moving, but damn its almost a filler movie. Like it didnt even start.

Damn I hate this forced trilogies. Thats what I liked about Raimi's. They work as sort of a trilogy for Peter/Harry but they also work as stand alone movies.
>>
>>80657848
>>80657866
Wasn't there some talk of Spider-man being "EDM" or some nonsense?
>>
>>80656746
Based on the production stories of the ASM movies, Sony didn't even know what this guy's deal was
>>
>>80658820
The MCU only had 3 movies at that point, only 2 of which were successful.

Thor was a perfectly serviceable film with a fully-functional plot. Just kind of a trite one.
>>
>>80658887
The cgi might have aged. Character drama and acting doesnt age. Specially not in just a few decades.

SM2 is as good now as it was when it was released, and nothing your young hip ass says will change the fact that TASM1 and 2 were terrible, terrible movies. And Im not even hating on giraffe man, it wasnt his fault he did his best with the material they gave him.
>>
>>80658843
>>80658820
I agree the Thor movies are probably the weakest in the MCU, but the first one being that bad?
Nah, i can't see it, maybe it doesn't make too much of a good use of the mythological stuff, but it's definetly not a *bad* movie. Maybe boring, maybe not satisfactory for a Thor fan, but a bad movie is something else entirely
And i doubt people were blinded by the idea of it being part of the MCU, at the time it was still new stuff
>>
>>80658887
SM1 has aged fine, it's just that a lot of fans think everything should be "mature like me!" and doesn't get how a little ham and cheese is completely appropriate for Spider-Man as a character and a LOT of ham and cheese is the ONLY way to do Norman Osborne justice.

Motherfucker literally has a voice in his head telling him the best way to rule New York is to dress up like a dimestore Joker with a Halloween motif. This is canon. This is how it's supposed to be. Fuck Ultimate's Goblin-Hulk bullshit.
>>
>>80656746
>All the villain's signature shit is just sitting in some room at OsCorp

Such a cop-out. Glad this never continued.
>>
>>80658887

It's not strawmanning when it's what happens whenever people attach themselves to the new, inferior product and feel the need to justify it by tearing down the older and acclaimed version.

It's pathetic, but that's what people do. You can say what you want about the Raimi trilogy 'aging well', and in certain parts that's actually true. Like the CGI for instance.

But even taking that into account, ASM's visual design, acting, cinematography and storytelling are all inferior. The very best parts of both ASM movies still, to this day, cannot touch Spiderman 2.

ASM is destined to sit in the corner with the likes of Ghost Rider and Green Lantern and I'm sorry if that makes you upset.
>>
>>80657297
I heard recently that Sony still wants to do Venom, but it will be stand-alone and not connected to the MCU Spider-Man.

How the fuck are they going to do Venom in a world where Spider-Man doesn't exist?
>>
>>80659064
But anon, how else was Sinister Six supposed to be set up?
>>
>>80659037
>And i doubt people were blinded by the idea of it being part of the MCU, at the time it was still new stuff
whats his fuck, roger ebert or whoever, the one missing his jaw called it a really bad movie, and MCU fans came after him hard. To his credit, he never apologized and still maintains its a bad movie.
>>
>>80659084
>acting
This is where your whole argument falls apart. Snaggletooth dunst and maguire were atrocious.
>>
>>80659084
>>80659032
Why do people hold SM2 as the better one when so much of the movie is about that retarded "his powers deactivate when he's sad" subplot?

Are the fight scenes with Ock really THAT much of a deal-maker?
>>
>>80659084
>Ghost Rider
Speaking of which, what will Marvel Studios do with him?
>>
>>80659164
His powers deactivated because he was having an existential crisis, not simply "because he's sad".

Having to choose between a good life and being a good person is THE core of Spider-Man.
>>
>>80659084
>ASM is destined to sit in the corner with the likes of Ghost Rider and Green Lantern and I'm sorry if that makes you upset.
Green Lantern was a 100% failure. I think the Ghost Rider comparison was better.

TASM, Incredible Hulk, Ghost Rider, Blade, Captain America 1, Daredevil Director Cut will all fall in that "yeah, they were not sooo bad but also not good either" tier.
>>
A shame ASM 2 happened as I felt the suit was the best version of the character at the time

Just the rest of the movie wasn't good
>>
>>80659123
Roger is dead
And he was never the ultimate critic people like to paint him as, said many stupid things in his life, he gave Revenge of the Sith 4.5/5 stars for crying out loud
>>
>>80659253
>Blade
>Bad
>But Thor is considered good

Yeah, get fucked.
>>
>>80659084
Toby McGuire was the inferior of the two Spider-men, but the writing complimented him better. If Andrew Garfield was given some decent writer's, I think he would've been much better.
>>
>>80659095
Someone please get Spider-Man away from Sony. Permanently.
>>
>>80659164
No, not really, in fact we are not even talking about the fights. We are talking about the movie...as movie. Something you companywars cuck cannot grasp. Acting, direction, edition, soundtrack, cinematography, all the little parts that make a movie.

For you plebs its all about 1. Costume 2. Explosions.

And there your priorities end. You will never understand what makes a good movie and will never understand why SM1 and SM2 are movies while TASM1 and 2 were flicks for retards like you.
>>
>>80659289
What I'm saying is you basically couldn't bad mouth any of the movies in the beginning without having a swarm of assholes coming down on you. Thor wasn't a good movie at all.
>>
>>80659166

Wait an appropriate amount of time to bring him back as Robbie Reyes.
>>
>>80658518
Mmmmm
>>
>>80659297
Sorry I mean Blade 2.

No Thor is in Just bad tier.
>>
File: jerkoff.gif (430 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
jerkoff.gif
430 KB, 500x278
>>80659330
>SM1 and SM2 are movies while TASM1 and 2 were flicks
>movies
>flicks
>>
>>80659330
Did your uncle work on the shitty maguire flicks or something? It's the only reason why someone like you would take any kind of negative comment on the movie so personally. Either that or you really are just that autistic.
>>
>>80659326
Reminder that in the next 50 years, doesnt matter if Marvel/Disney gets the right back Sony will have made the only 2 Spider-man movies worth a shit.
>>
>>80657135
I always find it hilarious when it's described that way, but it's far from my least favorite thing about ASM.
Peter let a criminal go because he was angry over something really petty. It's the same basic idea. Is "Convenience store clerk wouldn't sell me chocolate milk because I was a few cents short" really any more ridiculous than "My amateur pro wrestling manager stiffed me"?
I'd consider it an improvement that the criminal kills Uncle Ben because Peter ran out during an argument with his uncle and Ben was following Peter wanting to reconcile.
If you want to complain about ASM, how about "With great power..." being strangely reworded for no good reason?
>>
>>80659375
I just used those words to describe in a fast way my point. Which is TASM series being mindless popcorn blockbusters for retards with no regards for artistic vision, characters or story telling.

Sony tried exactly the same with the first ones but Raimi was there to tell them "Sure, you want to make money but Im making a movie".

In TASM the conversation literally was this

>We want to make money
>Hello Amy, sure you want to make money but Im making money too, can we make more money while you make more money?
>money,money,money,money
>>
>>80659330
Dude, chill. I'm not the ASM guy. The ASM movies are a fucking insult.

What I'm saying is I think SM1 is better than 2 because Spider-Man's powers are fucking biological not psychological and shouldn't shut off over goddamn depression.

Plus I generally like Norman better than Ock as a villain.
>>
>>80659495
>artistic vision
>muh camp
>>
>>80659384
No, I just like movies and I can see past over costumes and explosions. SM1 and 2 were better movies. In every technical and artistic aspect that makes a movie a movie.

I find extremely amusing how when confronted with direction, pacing, cinematography you act confused and irritated and scream "how much could you like the Doc Ock fight?" completely missing the point.
>>
>>80658910
pleb
>>
>>80659240
The point is his powers don't fucking work that way, PLUS the crisis would've been MORE meaningful if he was making it without his body basically making it for him. It changed it from "Sometimes I don't WANT to be Spider-Man" to "Sometimes I CAN'T be Spider-Man and I don't know why but I guess I'll enjoy it for a while" which is missing the point of those original "drop the costume in a trashcan" comics they were homaging.
>>
>>80659510
Fucking is also a biological power and you can get erectile issues with depression.
>>
>>80659587
Good argument. You forgot to squeeze in a Dark Knight Rises quote though.
>>
>>80659334
That's a given for almost anything that manages to form a fanbase, it's not a good point
>>
>>80659164
My problem with it was that Spidey's identity was revealed to an entire assload of people, and it didn't fucking matter. It made emotional sense, showing that New Yorkers actually did love Spider-Man and would protect his secret, but it just didn't work for me. At all. First, who the fuck even recognized him? Second, there is no goddamned way that one person, just one fucking person, would not have gone to JJJ for some cold hard cash.
>>
>>80659037
>And i doubt people were blinded by the idea of it being part of the MCU, at the time it was still new stuff

I can safely say I was hyped as fuck for the movie because it was in the MCU. Yeah the MCU was new but that just made it all the more exciting, I couldn't wait to see how they were gonna build up this universe
>>
>>80659619
You are comparing sticking to walls to a penis.

The fact that the movie probably WANTED the audience to make the same connection isn't lost on me...but it makes it exponentially dumber, not better.
>>
>>80659612
>The point is his powers don't fucking work that way
They work that way in the movie.

The point is the same. He couldn't BECAUSE he didn't want to.
>>
>>80659095
If they did a Venom movie in the MCU they'd have to share the profits with Marvel Studios.

This way they can benefit off of the popularity boost that Spidey in the MCU will give them, without sharing all the money that helps them make.

Creatively Venom without Spidey sucks, but business wise I can at least see their reasoning
>>
>>80659734
You really don't see how that's a retarded idea?

Like, you genuinely like this? You like it better than Willem Dafoe?
>>
>>80659692
Psychosomatic illnesses are a very real thing that come in many forms.
>>
>>80659761
It's not retarded at all.
>>
>>80659782
>>80659805
Fuckin' Hell, man.

Couldn't we just have a movie where Peter has to make the decision about whether or not to continue sacrificing his social life at the spider-altar without goofy external stimuli?
>>
>>80659782
>psychosomatic
what does that mean?
>>
>>80659761
Willem Dafoe is the most underrated actor of the last 3 decades, imo.
>>
>>80659674
I personally didn't know the MCU was a thing. I saw The Incredible Hulk in cinemas becuase it was the damn Hulk and at some point saw Iron Man on TV, but i didn't know about the shared universe thing until by mistake i saw the post-credits scene of TIH with Tony meeting Ross, can't even remember on what occasion. Then i finally decided to give Thor a shot and everything started to get a bit more clear

I remember being confused at people speculating a Thor cameo in the storm scene from TIH, i was like "is it because people expect another reference to the old Ferrigno stuff?"
>>
>>80656817
Spiderman 2 is best Amazing 1 is second best, Spiderman 1 is a far down third and the other 2 are shit.
>>
>>80659947
Yeah it definitely took a little while for audiences to grasp what Marvel was doing, but even early on the people who were on board were very enthusiastic about it, to the point where I think a lot of people were hesitant to overly criticize the films.

It took me two viewings to admit that Iron Man 2 wasn't very good. Now that I think about it Phase 1 was pretty weak overall, and was carried by hype to a pretty large degree
>>
I predict Agent Venom appearing in the future MCU, along with Vulture and Scorpion. Also unrelated note, was anyone else off put by how ridiculous the rhino suit was? I mean the guns were a big no, but it just looked so impractical as a weapon
>>
>>80660184
Keep in mind that Marvel didn't buy the rights to Spider-man, and that every time Spidey appears in an MCU movie Marvel Studios has to collaborate with Sony and share profits.

So I wouldn't expect them to sprinkle in Spidey characters as liberally as they do with others. We'll get lots supporting characters in his solo films but I doubt we'll see Flash Thompson or JJJ pop up anywhere else
>>
>>80657532
>Let's do a movie set between ASM and ASM2 so that we can use Gwen Stacy!
>>
>>80657297
They weren't even sure who the Sinister Six would even be
>>
I'm still angry about it to be honest.
>>
>>80659359
I hope you actually meant Blade 3
>>
>>80656817
Fuck you, Raimi's 1 and 2 for life nigga.

Fuck yourself.
>>
>>80656863
Is that a ps2 game.
>>
>>80656746
Literally nobody wanted a Sinister Six movie if it wasn't about the Superior incarnation.
>>
>>80660911
Wow, You are fucking delusional. Most people don't know about that comic.
>>
>>80656796
I thought Suicide Squad was going to give me more reasons to be worried than BvS. Not that BvS ended up giving me reasons to be worried, but for some reason, I have the utmost confidence in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>80656817
My nigga. Can't stand the damn cocksucking most people do around here with the Raimi films. They're damn near unwatchable.
>>
I actually liked the first ghost rider and the green lantern movie to a certain extent. I liked Spiderman 3's fights.
>>
File: qr5kG.gif (840 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
qr5kG.gif
840 KB, 500x262
This is why the sm movies were better then the asm movies
>>
>>80659397
>I didn't get the chocolate milk I wanted
Is the same as.
>I didn't get the $3000 I earned
>>
I think Garfield was the better spiderman but Tobey was the better Peter Parker. But Tobey spiderman was bad but Garfield Peter was awful, he was to cool he had none of that parker luck except for someone getting murdered in each film.

I'm also aware this makes little sense. But it sounded good in my head
>>
>>80656817

The Raimi movies are so fucking awful.

Half of the stuff people complain about in the ASM movies are what make them interesting, and not generic MCU shit.
>>
>>80656746
>everything is Oscorp

So glad this dreck got shitcanned
>>
>>80656746
>Since amazing spiderman is done I guess we are never going to get this guy's story
Good.
>>
>>80656863
Some say that to this day, Spider-Man is still spinning through the air , holding a manhole cover.
>>
File: 25644.gif (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
25644.gif
41 KB, 320x240
>>80658838
>it's impossible to believe that wooden performance was infinitely better than anything.
I find it hilarious you call Garfield's performance wooden in defense of Tobey "wide-eyed, robot arms" Maguire.
>>
>>80665682
>I have no sequel, and I must scream
>>
Acclaimed director movies > Music DJ movies
>>
>>80656746
It's so embarrassing how all other studios are trying so hard to ape Disney/Marvel with this sweeping movie linked narrative. They hamfist it so hard.
>>
We know the basics from the leaked Sony e-mails.

>At one point, "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" was about the Sinister Six -- Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Kraven, Rhino and Mysterio/Chamaleon.

>At another point, it was about a version of Venom that allows Peter to revive the dead, including Gwen, Uncle Ben and Captain Stacy, but they then degenerate into monsters of some sort.

>At one point "Sinister Six" was about Spider-Man teaming up with his greatest enemies to fight a common threat, get the black suit, then ditch it when the Six tease that it is lame. This later became a heist movie starring Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Sandman, Kraven, Mysterio and Scorpina set in the Savage Land.

>There were plans to revive Gwen as Carnage.

>There were talks about a spy-oriented Aunt May movie.

>There were talks about Spider-Man 2099.
>>
>>80660277
Does the amount of characters used make a difference? Like if Aunt May or JJJ show up alongside Peter do they have to pay Sony for each individual character or something?
>>
>>80665694
Tobey is a great Peter, but a mediocre Spidey
Garfield is a great Spidey, but a mediocre Peter
>>
>>80665503
I feel the exact same way. Hopefully the new kid can do both parts of the character well instead of just one.
>>
>>80665947
You know that e-mail leak was the best thing that happened to Marvel Studio. All we need now is a Fox e-mail leak.
>>
>>80665940
> Trying

That's being generous. They're so desperate to have their own "cinematic universes" but are completely unwilling to put the work in. Part of the sucess of the MCU was the gradual buildup through multiple films. Seems like everyone else can only manage one movie before they lose control and fill the next movie with as many cameos, references and sequel/spinoff hooks as possible.
>>
>>80659397

>is a dollar's worth of milk the same in value as $3000 cash

full retard, brother.
>>
>>80659851
YOU'RE A NUT
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.