[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marvel complaining that Universal won't give Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 3_BB_Marvel_street.jpg (102 KB, 1000x325) Image search: [Google]
3_BB_Marvel_street.jpg
102 KB, 1000x325
>Marvel complaining that Universal won't give Marvel the movie rights.

>Universal doesn't think they were treated fairly.

>Universal wants more ride rights to expand their kick ass park.

>Disney doesn't want to give it to them

Why don't they just trade the movie rights for more rideas rights? Seems like a fair trade to me.
>>
>>80652843
Hulk and Namor movie I mean.
>>
Wait

What?
>>
>>80652878
The Hulk and Namor movies.
>>
>>80652843
Cause Disney doesn't want anyone else to profit. That's why they cancelled all x-men merch.
>>
>>80652843

Because Disney has a park too. Disney has LOTS of parks and would want to keep the rides to themselves.

Hulk and Namor will probably revert after a period of time if Universal doesn't use them, so they just need to wait.
>>
>>80652944
If that's the case, then what the hell did they expect? Universal would just give up the rights to Hulk because they asked?
>>
File: Jurassic.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic.jpg
384 KB, 1920x1080
Universal needs to fucking focus on making more Jurassic Park rides.
>>
Don't Universal only have distribution rights to Hulk movies? They didn't make TIH.
>>
If Universal lets go of Marvel park rights, they're done. I live near Orlando and I've seen the effect Harry Potter's had on IOA - it's been very successful, far overshadowing any other part of the park.

If Disney takes Marvel from them, Universal would have to find another theme for that island. And with Disney lining up Star Wars in Hollywood Studios and Avatar in Animal Kingdom, a Marvel park would ensure their domination in central FL tourism.
>>
>>80653051
The only thing they need to do with Jurassic Park is add a Gyrosphere ride and they're done. I wanna see more of Marvel Super Hero Island. That and the return of Back to the Future
>>
>>80652843
>>80652978
Disney's like the Borg, it just wants to expand and assimilate until it owns everything.
>>
>>80653162
Which adds to the reasons why they wouldn't want to let the rights go.
>>
>>80652998
They don't have rights to make a Hulk movie, only to distribute it. There's no reason for Marvel to ever use them again because they have their own distributor now with Disney. The only possible reason for Universal to hang onto those rights is to cockblock Marvel and use as a bargaining chip, but Marvel also has no reason to bargain because they're having plenty of success selling Hulk through the Avengers instead of his own series.
>>
>>80653140
They own Namor too. They were going to do something with it, but apparently some argument happened? Something happened and they didnt.
>>
>>80653192

The thing that sucks is, Universal can't update Marvel Superhero Island at all unless they go to the comics. If Disney had it, they could do as much MCU stuff as they want and have park events that coincide with movie releases.

As much as I love Marvel Superhero Island, I hope Disney can re-acquire rights just for the sake of how good of a job I know they'll do with it. They're already starting in Shanghai (pic related).

My dream is for Warner Bros to open a DC park like Islands of Adventure, but with Gotham, Metropolis, Central City, etc. You could visit each city and ride rides based off of each JL member.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 600x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 600x252
>>80652843
It's all bidness
>>
>>80652843
>implying Disney would ever in a million years allow Universal to improve their parks with Disney property
The big moneymaker for Disney is the parks, keeping Universal from destroying them in attendance is basically priority 1.
>>
>>80653279
Nah, I'd prefer comic based park over MCU based park anyday. Not only because I'm way more attached to the comics (which I'll admit adds to my bias), but it's also much more visually appealing due to the coloring/design of the park and things they can do.
>>
>>80653378

I agree, but if Disney had the rights, then they could do MCU and comics, while Universal can only do comic stuff.

Truth be told, I just want a real-life Stark Tower, and maybe a Sanctum Sanctorum ride in the same vein as the Hogwards ride in Wizarding World.
>>
>>80653279
So if they can go to the comics, why don't they, because the comics are taking more and more influence from the movies?

Last time I went there all of the imagery was still from the early 2000's with an emphasis on Spider-Man, Hulk and the X-Men, which are obviously not nearly the draw they once were.

So what exactly is the nature of their agreement? Do they just keep the park rights as long as they want? Can they even keep making new stuff? Is there a cutoff date for stuff they're allowed to use?

It just seems really dumb to me if they're not putting all of their money into upgrading that Marvel area, even without movie tie ins it could be as huge as the Harry Potter stuff.
>>
>>80653494
They are only allowed to do stuff with things they already have. If they wanted they could just keep adding rides, but they could only be about Spider-Man, Doctor Doom (Not FF I think), Hulk, and Storm (Not X-Men, just Storm I believe.)
>>
>>80653494

I'm not 100% honestly. My assumption though is that they probably could do new stuff as long as it doesn't involve the MCU.

I would think though that they acknowledge that if they do new stuff, people who go in (ignorantly) expecting to see stuff the way it is in the movies, or who are more familiar with the movies, are going to be turned off by what they see not matching with what they know. Especially when you consider that Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and the rest of the Potter gang are in the Potter rides - they went for the movies more than the books.

I think Universal knows synergy is what would really help them make Marvel Superhero Island a success (especially with your average park guest), and they just can't have that synergy. So maybe that's why they haven't tried at all.

It sucks though because the Hulk is one of my favorite coasters.
>>
File: JURASSIC-WORLD-15-1940x1042.jpg (405 KB, 1940x1042) Image search: [Google]
JURASSIC-WORLD-15-1940x1042.jpg
405 KB, 1940x1042
>>80653192
Not just rides. Fucking tours and shopping like in Jurassic World.

Daily feeding events for an animatronic sea dinosaurs. Maybe even rent/buy out actual dinosaur fossils to make a museum. Universal could hold an absolute monopoly on dinosaurs.

If they ever get the Monsters Cinematic Universe off the ground they can build castles and other Gothic areas.
>>
File: 1457709865245.jpg (134 KB, 648x853) Image search: [Google]
1457709865245.jpg
134 KB, 648x853
>>80653587
No way, man. Spider is still the real MVP.
>>
>>80653798
Meant to send to

>>80653607
>>
Why doesn't Disney just buy Universal?
>>
>>80652843
I wonder who is on sign instead of Storm today.
>>
>>80652843
Disney wants to build a theme area similar to the upcoming Star Wars area for Marvel, but they can't do it until the park ride rights are exclusive to Disney again
>>
>>80653608
The river ride is already kinda sorta a tour. It just goes wrong half way through. Also, they /use/ to have a anamatronic Dino feeding area, but they shit it down due to no one going there because it was kinda boring. Universal Monsters section would be bad ass though. They could build it around the Mummy ride and move Monster Cafe there. Bonus points if the new Ghostbusters fails and Sony decides to bring back classic Ghostbusters, but in the new universal monsters continuity. Not gonna happen, but I can dream.
>>
>>80652843
Why doesn't Disney pay some hitmen and burn down the shitty park? Especially the marvel rides?
>>
>>80656163
You know there's a certain age you need to be to submit to this site, right? If you're gonna b8, at least try harder.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.