[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legends of Tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: legendsheader[1].jpg (125 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
legendsheader[1].jpg
125 KB, 640x360
>the crew goes back to the 50's because they think Savage is there
>He's hiding out as a Doctor in a tiny peaceful town
>He doesn't recognize any of them because prior to this their "first" encounter was in the 70's
>Instead of devising a way to kidnap him and restrain him so Kendra can kill him with the knife, they spend all their time looking for kids who are already dead in the timeline
Why am I still watching this show

Why is the writing so remarkably sloppy

Nigga just have Stein jab Savage with a needle and abduct him.

Fuck, you don't even need to do that. Just have FireStorm grab him in broad fucking daylight, what do you care?

I mean christ, did they all forget what they started time travelling to do? Even Rip is more concerned with the kids than getting Savage, it makes no fucking sense
>>
>>80651513

Jesus if you don't like it don't watch it. You know the bad guy won't be defeated until the final episode.
>>
File: 1415044336601.png (109 KB, 274x231) Image search: [Google]
1415044336601.png
109 KB, 274x231
>>80651595
>don't criticize things! wahhhh!
Where the fuck do you think you are
>>
Haven't watched this episode yet, but that sounds pretty dumb. Why are they trying to find children? Are they their children? Wonder why Savage never mentioned that he has met them all before.
>>
>>80651513
>Why am I still watching this show

Just give up. Only good one on now is Flash.
>>
Savage doesn't get his memories back right away. Wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>80651694
Nah, he's right. OP is just stating the obvious. Everyone agrees the plot is shit. What's the point in making a thread when you won't get any argument?
>>
>>80651513
"A full assault on Savage plays to his strengths, so let's not do that."

"What's that you say? How does it play to his strengths when he's demonstrably weaker than just Firestorm alone and we don't give a fuck about secrecy? ...Look at the monkey! Look at the silly monkey!"
>>
>>80651740
Savage doesn't reincarnate, he regenerates. He's been one continuous life all through time. It's Kendra and Carter that reincarnate.

Shit, if Savage didn't have his memories that would make things even easier.
>>
>>80651791
I find it weird that Joe Dante directed this and they didn't really do much with the whole "50's monster movie" vibe they could have had.

Even the title "Night of the Hawks".
Totally wasted.
>>
>>80651699
>Why are they trying to find children? Are they their children?
Because that's the plot of the episode and none of the individual writers give a flying fuck about the overall goal

>Wonder why Savage never mentioned that he has met them all before
Because the writing is garbage and this episode (which takes place for Savage before their "first" meeting in the 70's) takes place after the pilot.

Isn't this kind of shit why editors exist?
>>
>>80651722
And Izombie, and Gotham, and to a lesser extent Supergirl
>>
File: smallville94.jpg (46 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
smallville94.jpg
46 KB, 400x300
Also, using the name "Curtis Knox" only served as a reminder of the more entertaining CW Vandal Savage
>>
>It's another the writers try to force "progressive" ideals down the viewers throats again episode

I literally rolled my eyes when they reached the "white, male and straight" part. Holy shit, as if they didn't do it enough in the past episodes already. We get it. We get it. It is 2016.
>>
>Vandal Savage living in 50's suburbia
I never realized I wanted this so much till now

How come literally every villain ever is immediately a million times better when you make them a 50's dad?
>>
>>80651880
How was he?
>>
>>80651894
Oh you're one of those types.
>>
>>80651894
But it was 1958.
>>
>>80651936
He wasn't perfect, I won't say that.
But Dean Cain had some surprisingly good charisma and cornballiness that worked to Smallville's strengths.
Yeah, I said strengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KV4pH6am8
>>
>>80651943
people who are sick of hamfisted mesages, yes
>>
>>80651949
So every time they go back into the past, they will drop how unprogressive the past was? Is that it?
>>
>>80651894
All that racism and lesbian bullshit is so annoying
>>
>>80651513
>Nigga just have Stein jab Savage with a needle and abduct him.

>not abusing your immortality to become immune to poisons
>>
>>80651963
There was also this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR8hmzApiHM
>>
>>80651999
It is fine if it is not hamfisted.
The Ray and Hawkgirl scene was fine and well done. It is the 50s.

The scene at the diner? Who the fuck okay'd such shit writing?
>>
>>80651894
But how would you have known how bad they had it back then unless they told you in every scene
>>
File: Get away from me you casual.png (185 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
Get away from me you casual.png
185 KB, 268x300
>>80651963
>I was Jack the Ripper
RRRREEEEEEEEEEE this makes me so mad they do this everytime they have an immortal
>I taught Genghis Khan everything he knew
>I killed JFK
>I was there when Christ died on the cross
>I was best friends with Ceasar
>I was there at [insert important event here]
stop, please
>>
>>80652068
>I was Cain
>>
>>80652046
>The scene at the diner? Who the fuck okay'd such shit writing?
The same people that okayed then ongoing shitheap that is CW writing?
>>
>>80652001
He is cool though
>>80652080
please no
>>
>>80652081
Arrow season 1 wasn't this bad.
>>
>>80651513

Marvelfags really are going to commit suicide, aren't they?
>>
>>80652091
Yeah, I liked Dean Cain Vandal.
He seemed like he had a good time.
Shame that he has scant appearances on Supergirl and the beard he has now was wasted there haha.

>please no
It was so cheesy when they pushed that in comics for a while like a decade back
>>
File: lot 2.jpg (65 KB, 866x495) Image search: [Google]
lot 2.jpg
65 KB, 866x495
Why didn't they just do this?
>>
>>80652120
Nigga there's a reason the phrase "CW tier" is used to describe poorly written shows on other networks
>>
>>80651753
You never been in a Bendis or Kate Leth bashing thread. Those threads get hundreds of replies, mostly shiting on the writers.

You got Felicity threads, which are just a circlejerk of why the character ruins everything.

Your newfag is obvious.
>>
>>80652150
I expect at least 1 good season before this shit became an actual shit show. Oh well.
>>
>>80651513
people like you need to stop harping on all these things, unless you want the show to be literally an episode long.
>>
>>80651823

I suspect that they blew their whole budget by the 2046 Star City episode. It would explain for Firestorm not even making an appearance and the lack of too much action
>>
>>80651879
> and Gotham, and to a lesser extent Supergirl
>>
>>80651936
>>80651963

I liked it
>>
>>80652226
>Gotham
It's near perfection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf3W65KYjCI

>>80652196
That makes sense.
but it's not like a movie such as the blob had a lot of action as well.
That movie is sorta filled out with "explaining stuff to other characters" scenes.
It was just a weirdly not taken opportunity to branch out.

Like in the Post-Modern Prometheus episode of the X-Files.
>>
>>80652137
Legends got recruited after Star City 2048? How astute of you anon. Your criticisms and ideas have great merit.
>>
>>80652290
>can't read a fucking chart
Look at where the line goes or get glasses
>>
>>80652290
The line leads to the dot you fucking asshat
>>
>>80651894
It was pretty hamfisted to be sure, but I can get behind the idea of some amount of drama or plot turns being due to racism and/or sexism.

It was just the sheer amount of it that irked me. A little subtlety goes a long way.

>>80652192
Eat a dick, Savage is supposed to be a brilliant mastermind, you can write the show in such a way that he has plans in place for certain eventualities, or there are obstacles they need to overcome before outright attacking Savage. The writers are lazy and/or uncaring.

>>80652196
Firestorm not making an appearance is likely budget-related in part, but the main reason is that he's far too powerful even in his ultra-depowered CW form. There's nothing in all of history that can reasonably threaten Firestorm excepting other metahumans.
>>
>>80652326
It is 2016. It can't be a show without shoving progressiveness in your face.
>>
>>80652300

Not him but you should make better charts
>>
>>80652410
Not him, but I didn't make it.
>>
File: 1456717101328.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1456717101328.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>80652290
>following lines
>with your eyes
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.