[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>World's Greatest Detective >literally turns to Joker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: DC Universe 0-10.jpg (286 KB, 1212x1435) Image search: [Google]
DC Universe 0-10.jpg
286 KB, 1212x1435
>World's Greatest Detective
>literally turns to Joker for help every time
Why don't they just make Joker his official informant?
>>
>>80651133
Why don't you make a thread about a character you like instead of this? don't you want to contribute something?
>>
>>80651327
>Batman fanboy can't take a simple discussion thread
>>
>>80651327
>No criticism pls, this is a SAFE space :^)
>>
Wouldn't it make him an even more shitty detective if he didn't use the sources he has avaible? Judging by everything detective I've seen asking people around seems pretty legitimate.
>>
File: RCO012.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO012.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>implying Joker hasn't always been the brains behind Batman's brawn
>>
>>80651133
>detective
>asking people for information

You mean like a real detective?
>>
File: Huey Freeman.jpg (80 KB, 861x1080) Image search: [Google]
Huey Freeman.jpg
80 KB, 861x1080
>>80651133
>he thinks detectives don't ask people for information
>>
>>80651327
There's enough batwankery in the comics already.
>>
File: 4234478892764.png (397 KB, 727x433) Image search: [Google]
4234478892764.png
397 KB, 727x433
>>80651133
It's not like Joker is the only one he's done this with.

>>80651689
That fucking face
>>
>>80651415
This is true. What's weird is that he went to the Joker and not someone more sane, like Cobblepot or Black Mask.
>>
>>80652201
Is not weird. But you didnt read the story.
>>
>>80652314
I haven't read this one either, I think. Why did he ask the Joker?
>>
File: arkham visit.jpg (572 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
arkham visit.jpg
572 KB, 700x900
>>80652201
>>80652776
To whom would you go for help? To someone who despises you for being everything he's not? Penguin is reviled, hated and looked upon with disdain, while Batman is feared, revered and beloved.

Or to someone who worships the very ground you walk on?
>>
>>80651133
batman is the most stupid concept of a omic character ever created.
The fact that he's one of the most popular is the the greatest indictment against comic book readers.
the existence and popularity of batman proves that indeed cape comcs are dumb.
but this anon here is right too
>>80651327
>>
>>80653434
Penguin isn't crazy so he wouldn't be in Arkham. Since this incident happened in Arkham and most inmates are insane, it would make sense to ask one of the ones who is "insane" but still in control of his mind.

If Scarface were there and also had access to the information I would ask him, but I assume he's either not in Arkham or would not have access to the sort of information Batman is looking for.
>>
File: autismo.jpg (51 KB, 911x264) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
51 KB, 911x264
>>80653693
>>
>>80653851
>mild
:^)
>>
>>80653851
How is that autistic ? Anon didn't go into crazy details and deductions, all of this was very quick and sensible.
All writers should be able to do this at least. It's just applying real life logic to a story so that things are coherent.
>>
Ok, but it's time for the real question.

Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker?
>>
>>80653999
He don't like murder. Probably something with childhood trauma
>>
>>80653851
This is why no one can talk with you guys, you don't care about any response, you just want to make the same "why batman doesnt kill the joker" and "is batman an anti-villian" retarded threads over and over again
>>80653960
Logic is considered autistic when you want another answer. Op wants a "BAtman is gay for the joker" answer.

>>80652776
IF you havent read Morrison's batman you are missing. Also, see the cards? what do they spell?
>>
>>80653999
Batman is against murder and also believes that killing isn't what a superhero should do. Personally I think that Batman believes that all humans can be reformed and that's why he tries to help his villains out so often. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>80653591
i agree with this and this is coming from someone who has unironically enjoyed reading some batman stories. shitty red dragon imitation in the op aside, what I find to be most ridiculous is the notion that some powerless kung fu guy would somehow not be laughed at and immediately dismissed by godlike beings if they happened to cross paths with him at all
>>
>>80654057
Heart
Clubs
Diamonds?
>>
>>80651764
Welp thread is over.
>>
>>80653999
Both Batman and Joker are fictional characters owned by a soulless conglomerate whose purpose is to make money. They hire hack writers to come up with various implausible scenarios in which these one-note characters are somehow still alive.
>>
>>80653591
People like Batman because the concept of a normal guy working really hard and being as effective as someone with superpowers is cool and inspiring.

>>80654199
If someone with powers saw a person without powers doing the same thing they did, wouldn't they just think "wow if everyone were like this then the normal humans wouldn't even need me"?
>>
>>80654441
they wouldn't think that because no one without powers would last a week fighting armed criminals using only their mad kung fu skills. even the most skilled MMA fighter would tell you that batman and his ilk is just an impotent fat nerd's fantasy,
>>
>>80651133
Part of being a detective is sometimes going to other people if they have useful information. You're detecting that they have something worth knowing.

If Joker knows something, Batman will interrogate him.
Detective work isn't all looking for fingerprints and semen stains
>>
>>80653999
Better question

Why don't Batman and Superman put Joker in the Phantom Zone?
>>
>>80654588
Good thing this is fictional so that shit don't matter
>>
>>80654588
>people with superpowers think it's implausible to beat armed criminals through the use of gadgets and fighting skill

So in your world having superpowers is okay but fighting crime without powers is unrealistic?
>>
Why does a detective even use suspects or informants?
>>
>>80654651
That's a good idea, but knowing the way comics work the next issue will be "Joker's escape from the Phantom Zone!"
>>
>>80654689
I don't know what's so controversial about that
>>
>>80653999
Batman is gay for Joker
>>
>>80654769
It's more fantastical to believe in superpowers than crimefighters.
>>
>>80654258
It obviously stands for HAH.

Joker's Arkham cell number has often been shown as 818A or 8181 as well.
>>
File: hold the fucking presses.jpg (699 KB, 928x969) Image search: [Google]
hold the fucking presses.jpg
699 KB, 928x969
>>80653999
Because
>>
>>80655272
frends

forevber
>>
File: 100 % heterosexual.jpg (1 MB, 800x1732) Image search: [Google]
100 % heterosexual.jpg
1 MB, 800x1732
>>80654854
/thread
>>
>>80654441
>a normal guy working really hard
>being as effective as someone with superpowers
those 2 are contradictory. being superpowered means being above what non-powered humans can do.Making a character a "normal human" and then having him be as good as superpowered characters means throwing away the very premise.Which leads to

>is cool and inspiring.
Inspiring would be if he was a human character, with human limits and still dealing with superpowered shit, despite his limits.
>is cool
an that is what it all comes down to. It is cool, even though it's dumb as hell, he can do what he can not because of good narrative reasons, but because he's popular and his fans want to see him kick ass.
Which all comes back to cape comics being silly and dumb
>>
>>80654657
being fictional means you can make them superpowered if you can.
If you start by saying that he's supposed to not be superpowered that means you want to tell a story of a character who has the same limits of a real world human.
If then you go and make him do things that aren't possible for a normal human, that is shitty storytelling.
>>
>>80654921
no.
>>
>>80652153
Batman asking villains to help him profile villains he's trying to catch probably has more to do with The Silence of the Lambs influencing a bunch of other works and turning it into a trope than anything else.

>Riddler there's another guy that leaves clues and shit he's like the master of them or something HOW DO WE CATCH HIM
>Have you tried following the clues?
>...
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.