[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can he use his powers to destroy things made of vibranium or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Gambit_deb.jpg (38 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Gambit_deb.jpg
38 KB, 300x424
Can he use his powers to destroy things made of vibranium or adamantium? Also, how stron is he? it sounds like he can pretty much destroy anything.
>>
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>80647776
No, you are
>>
>>80647755

Steve Rogers Cap fucked him up in their AvX: VS story, so I'm gonna say no.
>>
>>80647796
I don't even remember if they explained it, also AvX did not explained a lot of things, like magneto not bein able to control Iron Man's armor, instead of saying something like "he is usin a anti-magnetic field arround his armor" they were like "he can't do it"
>>
>>80647894
Well, Cap's shield is vibranium, right? Vibranium absorbs all vibration and kinetic energy directed at it, and in fact becomes tougher the more it absorbs. So Gambit charging the shield would just make it tougher. Does it explode when he throws it in that comic? Cause if so, well, that's dumb
>>
>>80647755
>how strong is he
At his strongest he's omega level and capable of destroying the entire planet. This happened to an alternate Remy who called himself New Son (Sun?).
But this will never happen to 616 Remy because he went to Sinister who effectively castrated his powers when they were going out of control. So, Sinister inadvertently saved the world.
>>
>>80647894
Anything inconsistent in AvX can be blamed on Pixie and Squirell Girl.
>>
>>80648068
It explodes, but it is not damaged
>>
>>80648231

Then that's dumb. All the energy should have just dissipated
>>
>>80648273
Maybe it's not kinetic energy
It's, ummm... mutie-scum energy
>>
>>80648273
it did
it dissipated outwards
in an explosion
>>
>>80647755
>>80647796
>>80647894
>>80648068
>>80648231
>>80648273

Gambit's power is to to destroy or explode things exactly, he can charge obejects with knitic energy, than can burts in a explosion, the burts of kinitic energy can be strong enough to destroy the object (like his cards) but a strong obeject can resist the burts (like the shield)
>>
>>80648283
>>80648329

Explosions are literally just kinetic energy though. Things heating up and exploding are caused by their molecules vibrating. Cap's shield wouldn't be affected since it's made of a metal that absorbs all vibrations
It's a dumb comic that ignores its own rules as is most of AvX
At least Gambit gets made to look like the jobber he is
>>
>>80648438
>Things heating up and exploding are caused by their molecules vibrating

I'm no physics major, but I'm sure there are many kinds of explosions that oes beyond this, plus, it is a magic comic fictional pink energy, it can work however they want. And Gambit is not a jobber, jobbing is more relevance than he had in years
>>
>>80647894
They did explain the iron man/magneto fight. Tony shelled out the extra bucks to have a suit made of carbon, no metal at all
>>
>>80648528
I will replace my anti-magnetic field as a head canon instead of this, makin things out of carbon is a borin cliche of magneto fighting
>>
>>80647755
no because those who use adamantium or vibranium are more popular than him
>>
>>80648501

I'm no physics major, but I'm sure there are many kinds of explosions that oes beyond this
But Gambit's powers are explicitly to charge things with kinetic energy, so the one I posted is the only one that really matters in this scenario
And yeah, it can work however they want, but it's still pretty shitty writing if it doesn't obey the rules they set themselves
>>
>>80648438
>Cap's shield wouldn't be affected since it's made of a metal that absorbs all vibrations
in taht case it should be totally ineffective as a weapon because it would absorb all kinetik energy of the impact and the person hit would be undamaged
>>
>>80648843

Captain America's mutant power of being the best overrides this
>>
>>80648068
It's a vibranium-steel alloy that's impossible to replicate because they don't know what was the catalyst that allowed the two metals to combine.
>>
>>80648875
The correct answer.
>>
>>80648843

Nah it works because momentum
or something
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.