[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinite mass punch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (133 KB, 1920x790) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
133 KB, 1920x790
Infinite mass punch
>>
>>80646676
how does infinite mass punch work?
>>
>>80646769

Speedforce, don't have to explain shit, etc.
>>
>>80646769
Flash accelerates to light speed and punches a guy. As an object approaches lightspeed it's mass becomes infinite. Force is massXacceleration. This allows Flash to hit an object with an infinite amount of force.
>>
>>80646769
Apply physics, anon. You know your physics, right?

Flash runs fast enough that his fist has infinite mass and then he hits you in the cock with it.
>>
>>80646676
Is it better than one-punch man punch?
>>
File: 1.jpg (157 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
157 KB, 600x900
>>80646769
As you're approaching light speed, your mass starts to increase infinitely.

Once you achieve light speed, you have infinite mass, and a punch with infinite mass would obliterate your opponent

It's not rocket science
>>
>>80646810
Wouldn't this destroy the universe or something?
>>
>>80646827
see>>80646810
>>
>>80646810
>>80646818
how does he run as at the speed of light?
doesnt he end up time traveling before he reaches that speed?
i've only seen the show and havent read the comics
>>
>>80646827
No, those are probably what his punches are.
>>
File: speedforce.jpg (38 KB, 589x399) Image search: [Google]
speedforce.jpg
38 KB, 589x399
>>80646850
Normally yes, but the speedforce can selectively allow or disallow physical laws when it would be (in)convenient.
>>
>>80646860
No, his timetraveling isn't tied to a specific speed as far as I recall. It's just connected to him struggling and willing himself while running.
>>
>>80646860
He time travels when he goes faster than light.
>>
>>80646850
This. I mean, sure, Speedforce bullshit might mean there's no transference of energy or whatever, but whatever gets punched will be destroyed. Flash should be able to destroy literally any physical object.
>>
>>80646769
Once a punch reaches (through non-physical, psuedo-godlike means) infinite mass via infinite momentum, it collapses all of reality into a singularity and everything becomes one and nothing becomes relevant anymore. An other words any time the word"infinite" is used, mathematicians roll over in their grave laughing at the people trying to make heads or tails of the nonsensical word they are left with.
>>
File: 1.jpg (108 KB, 581x896) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
108 KB, 581x896
>>80646860

Why do people think running at lightspeeds can make you time travel?
>>
>>80646843
That image would be better if it was all 3 of them against Iron Man and it said something about manlets.
>>
>>80646850
>>80646890

You literally turn onto energy when you travel light speeds, so destroying the universe would never happen
>>
>>80646900
Because it would reverse the earths rotation. That's Cannon for reversing time.
>>
>>80646900
>Chinamen haven't leaked any spoilers yet
Damn it
>>
>>80646983
>Chinamen
Ugh... Could you not?
>>
>>80646923
The whole point is that Flash paradoxically reaches lightspeed without being a nonmass entity.
>>
>>80647585
And without mitigating the mass increases that occur when you approach light speed.

It could have been said that the Speed Force allows Flash to approach relativistic speeds while maintaining his mass, but they went with the explanation that gives him infinite power, presumably because he needed to do something awesome to stop a cosmic threat of some sort.
>>
That's definitely speedforce
>>
>>80646810
>mass becomes infinite
>Force is massXacceleration.
Force=mass*acceleration
Force=∞*acceleration
Force=∞
I.m.punch literally explodes the universe
Thanks Barry
>>
>>80648693
I honestly feel a bit stupid for never having thought of that before. I always figured it was some massive energy blast from Doomsday, or maybe even Superman. In retrospect, the lightning should have probably given it away.
>>
>>80646860
>>80646888
>>80646900

For fucks sake casuals shut up.

The only reason Barry used to time travel after the speed of light was that he wasnt on control. The timejump and universejumps were accidents. He, wally, and bart could run several times the speed of light without a problem once they learned how to control the speedforce
>>
And yet people have suvived it which is complete bullshit.
>>
>>80646900
>>80646970

Because of special realitivity. If an object goes near the speed of light time speeds up. If you beat light speed time goes inti reverse. There are actual formulas to prove this shit.
>>
>>80652019
>Because of special realitivity. If an object goes near the speed of light time speeds up. If you beat light speed time goes inti reverse. There are actual formulas to prove this shit.

Time does not exist at the speed of light, there is no going faster than light, at least not in theory
>>
>>80646818
>Apply physics
So everything around the Flash turns into plasma long before he reaches light speed and once he does reach light speed, he loses the perception of time, ending up never actually stopping to run?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-11-18-23h21m12s8.png (891 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-11-18-23h21m12s8.png
891 KB, 1280x720
SUPER SONIC PUUUUUUNNNNCCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!
>>
If you're insinuating that Flash not only plays a role in BvS' plot but that he also appears and uses one of his signature moves, unless there's been a confirmation, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It would be extremely stupid for WB and Snyder to play their whole hand in this one movie. We shouldn't be seeing the IMP until the climax of Flash's solo movie or the Justice League movie, at the earliest.
>>
>>80652087
Well of course nothing can beat light speed, but this is a superhero who can and according to scientists smarter than me it would cause time to reverse.
>>
Why the hell do they always nerf The Flash? They don't do it to supes.
>>
>>80652343
You mean, Superjobber? He jobs in anything he's in. Also, DC's powerlevers are seriously out of control, something's got to give if you want a long story with steady climb that doesn't pose questions of 'why didn't he do that before?' later on.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.