[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 2003 tmnt.gif (27 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
2003 tmnt.gif
27 KB, 312x312
Reminder that because this is the only TMNT cartoon that actually uses as much material from the comics as possible, it's the closest of the three to actually seem more like "TMNT the animated series" rather than "TMNT the thinly disguised toy commercial" or "TMNT the bad fanfic".
>>
Fast Forward was objectively terrible though. Not even the dark turtles could save it.
>>
>>80645853
As a Miragefag, I agree... although they did shit the bed in the later seasons with Flashforward.
>>
>>80645853
>Reminder that because this is the only TMNT cartoon that actually uses as much material from the comics as possible
...so? Does that automatically make it the best in your limited scope?

Still doesn't change the fact it had shit dialogue, voice acting and music. Animation was nothing special either.
>>
>>80647463
>...so? Does that automatically make it the best in your limited scope?

No but it does make it the most respectable from a creative standpoint. I mean let's face it, all three of the cartoons were really only meant for little kids and lack something for older auediences, so it's nice to at least see one of them try to work with was given to them rather than just write 20 minutes of icredibly lame comedy latched on to overused clichés, or have a bunch of old fanboys putting their lame childhood ideas above what would actually be a consistent direction in order to create a schizophrenic show that makes no sense from a narrative standpoint.

>Still doesn't change the fact it had shit dialogue, voice acting and music. Animation was nothing special either.

Like I explained, kids shows that are really only meant for kids. All three have shit dialogue, voice acting and music. Voice actors (union or not) mostly only work in TV animation because they failed to get more serious roles, dialouge has to be simple for children and very few composers will do their best for a TV show in general. As for animation it's worth noting that TV animation does not tend to look that good, the 80's show was error-palooza and at first the 2012 show might seem more impressive in terms of animation, until you remember that's just the virtue of CGI not having to painstakingly redraw the characters over and over again and notice how the show is almost entirely set in a tiny ghost town and other small empty areas.

I mean seriously, how the hell is Pat Fraley's constant gurgling as Krang or Greg Cipes pulling the most annoying catchphrases ever out of his ass for Michelangelo considered better acted/written?
>>
>>80646607
Yeah, but that goes without saying. I've never seen anyone who likes the show recommend Fast Forward and onward
>>
>>80647463
>Still doesn't change the fact it had shit dialogue, voice acting and music. Animation was nothing special either.

I am so triggered right now.
>>
File: leo bundy.jpg (316 KB, 1024x941) Image search: [Google]
leo bundy.jpg
316 KB, 1024x941
>>80647463
>>80650240

>the voice acting was bad.

Shut Up.
>>
>>80645853
Let's see here what it's lasting impact on the TMNT franchise is:

>It definitly popularised Mirage elements that hadn't been used in other incarnations before
>It's version of Karai influenced all other versions of Karai
>Hun
>The Battle Nexus
>Darius Dun
>The Street Phantoms
>Angel
>Bishop and the EPF
>>
you guys are kinda all right. it's the best TMNT for a number of reasons, but the flaws it had, which are still real flaws, are particularly flaws unique to it and its situation.. so it's hard to divorce it from those sometimes
>>
>>80645853

That's why it's bad. Do something fresh with the material or don't bother at all.
Continuous reinvention is the only thing that makes franchises and superheroes interesting. Let go of Mirage.
>>
>>80655071
at the time, 'doing a good adaptation' WAS fresh
i mean the first movie certainly did a fantastic adaptation so we have that too
your attitude is understandable but it's plainly wrong.
>>
>>80655071
>Let go of Mirage

God knows the rest of the world did.
>>
I'm watching the first cartoon
it's fucking ridiculous
>>
>>80647833
>and very few composers will do their best for a TV show in general
Man I love the 1987 music, the sewer theme and the channel 6 theme especially. Whoever did it should release an album of it, I found the music once but it was covered with dialogue and sound effects
>>
>>80655090

You're just a purist who can't accept that your turtles aren't for everyone. Why do you feel the need to post about this shit every single day? Move on with your life.
>>
>>80655152
i actually binged the entire thing a while back
the last few years get PAINFUL. you think fast forward was bad, jeeesus christ
>>80655204
huh? i don't ever make tmnt threads. i am absolutely a purist and my turtles are for everyone.
>>
File: april12.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
april12.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
Are we pumped for the new movie?
>>
>>80655071
>Do something fresh with the material
They "ADAPTED" what they could or wanted and DID do fresh things + kept it "fresh".
It just happened to be the most serious with practically the biggest scope of any animated adaptation to date.
>>
>>80655448
helllllllllllll no
>>
>>80646607
I liked it...
>>
>>80655071
>Let go of Mirage.

Let go of the original run of comics that created and shaped everything important about the characters? That's like pretending it's possible to let go of the Lee run of Spider-Man, it can't be done.
>>
File: 1452735471054.jpg (644 KB, 1046x872) Image search: [Google]
1452735471054.jpg
644 KB, 1046x872
>>80645853
Is it worth watching? Only TMNT I've seen since the original is the 2012 one, and I like that pretty well.
>>
>>80655480
But it's got Krang and Rocksteady and Bebop
>>
>>80656339
wow. go watch the original movie, then watch this. then apologize
>>80656380
you think that's a good thing?
>>
>>80656494
>you think that's a good thing?
oh sure, I actually like the comedy parts of the Turtles. The 1990 movie is my favorite thing from the whole franchise, but I can appreciate the gay jokes from the cartoon.
>have a dough-net!
>>
File: 1452739338277.jpg (145 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452739338277.jpg
145 KB, 853x1280
>>80656494
Dude I've seen all the original movies, I even sat through the shitfest of three, hell I saw the live action tv series on FOX, and when they did that weird Power Rangers cross-over. I guess I should have said animated series I've only seen since the original.

First movie is great though, shame they couldn't keep up the quality.
>>
>>80656552
i like those things to be separate, me. i like Justice Friends but i don't like teen titans go, if you get me.
>>
>>80648188
I liked how it took a comfy turn. Almost felt like the turtles went on a necessary chill vacation. It was sadto see them go pushover mode tho, and back to the sewer could have been better
>>
File: 1454125648508.png (24 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454125648508.png
24 KB, 557x605
>>80653119
>tfw purple dragons
>tfw hun
>tfw ninjas in new york
>tfw underground atlantis with overarching lore
>tfw mousers and stockman
>tfw shredder
>tfw utroms
>tfw TCRI
>tfw space
>tfw triceratons
Best childhood
>>
>>80645853
It took me years after the series was over to actually sit down and give it a chance, the character designs for the turtles themselves was just terrible. However the story was rather good and by the time we hit the fight in April's apartment I was a fan. It is not my favorite series though. And I think too many people get fixated on the serious takes on a franchise and then dislike the sillier interpretations. But I think they are all valid for one reason or another.
>>
>>80656751
back to the sewer was such a letdown. it was better, but.. going into cyberspace to collect a digitized person, while a computer program tries to acquire a physical body somehow? that's fucking 90s as SHIT. that's real adventures of johnny quest nonsense.
>>
>>80655071
>That's why it's bad. Do something fresh with the material or don't bother at all.

Spectacular Spider-Man kept relatively close to how things played out in the comics and everyone loves it.

Ultimate Spider-Man does virtually nothing but "something fresh", it's longer but virtually nobody watches it and those who try hate it instantly. I have no idea why a demonstrably unpopular show like that is still going but considering it's "fresh ideas" haven't really built up a fanbase in four years speaks for itself.
>>
>>80657300
what dont you like about their designs? too sort of 'tall built' ?
>>
>>80657467
I think kids like Ultimate Spider-man. Honestly my problem with it was that in the first couple of episodes was that it couldn't decide if it wanted to be goofy or serious and ended up doing a bad mix of both
>>
>>80658674
kids like whatever you put in front of them. however, they are loyal-in-a-profit-generating-way to things nearly at random
>>
>>80657516
yeah and very, very bulky. Throw in the constant white eyes and looking the same and its a bit much for me.
>>
>>80657467
>Spectacular Spider-Man kept relatively close to how things played out in the comics and everyone loves it.

I don't. Watching it after the hype was a real let down. Its basically as retarded as any kid show it just does it for the DRAMA and everyone loves it for how emo teenager it is.
>>
>>80661727
You have a very loose definition of emo
>>
>>80661874
Pretty much everything in that show happened for the drama and came across as incredible forced at times.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.