[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk web animation. Anyone recognize this photo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Q12HONSk.png (114 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
Q12HONSk.png
114 KB, 520x520
Let's talk web animation.

Anyone recognize this photo? Well it's Matt Wilson's profile pic. That guy who did Bonus Stage. Dunno why it's of a girl, but I don't care.
Didn't know this guy was still doin stuff till a few days ago, and man has he not really improved all that much at all.
Dude really needs a voice cast.

anyway, what was the last flash you've seen? any good?
Any guys you follow?
>>
File: shit.png (69 KB, 487x367) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
69 KB, 487x367
>>80644639
I remember Bonus Stage. I used to think it was the funniest shit, but upon revisiting it, I found it too be largely average with bits of with sprinkled about.
As for the profile, maybe he got a sex change.
>>
File: tumblr_static_tumblr-header.png (86 KB, 950x420) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_tumblr-header.png
86 KB, 950x420
>>80644639
I can't watch his Cartoon Drive-Thru stuff without wanting to turn off the video.
>>
>>80644752
So you can't watch it at all.
>>
>>80644639
>and man has he not really improved all that much at all.
that's an understatement. His work looks legit identical to when he stopped working on Bonus stage,
Probably doesn't help that his fanbase is the same one from the BS days and offers no criticism.
>>
>>80644752

I actually kinda liked DSA. The new Puzzle Hunters is fucking terrible, though. I know Bonus Stage hasn't quite held up either, but I'd say if anything, Matt got worse. It's sad, but what can you do.
>>
File: AprilFools2014.png (233 KB, 998x720) Image search: [Google]
AprilFools2014.png
233 KB, 998x720
I still follow H*R hoping that the very sporadic updates will one day return to regular updates.
>>
>>80644815
HR updated? I thought they were all working on bigger projects nowadays.
>>
File: The Apalled Soldier.png (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
The Apalled Soldier.png
14 KB, 225x225
>>80644639
Matt's been doing the whole "every character is me" for so long, that I wonder if he sometimes holds conversations with himself using the voice changer.
>>
Are there any animators who do something other than comedy? I'm not necessarily talking about long-form drama or something, but maybe just some interesting or trippy.
>>
>>80644897
Maybe on newgrounds in the early 2000's.
I don't think I've seen a non-comedy animation on ytube in ages, if ever.
>>
>>80644639
Pretty much the only ytube animations I watch nowadays are the Mickey Mouse shorts and Piemations. Not like anyone else updates.
>>
>>80644850
'Two More Eggs' got picked up for another "season" at Disney XD.

If you don't know what that is, here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rSAa7uCNqE
>>
>>80644974
them Mickey Mouse shorts are damn good
>>
>>80644974
>>80645161
Didn't like how the show looked bit it quickly grew on me. Those mouse shorts are awesome.
>>
Matt Wilson huh.
I wanna talk about him but honestly there is little to talk about.
I mean does the guy even have an existence outside his shitty little flash channel? Whats worse, is that in all the years he's been animating for his 1000 viewers, he hasn't improved or picked up on how to get more viewers.
>>
>>80645253
I think his problem is that he wants to just dive into making a series of animations instead of making a bunch of shorts and seeing what sticks and what people would want more of.
>>
>>80645271
Didn't even think about that honestly.
Probably doesn't help that his channel doesn't get enough views for proper criticism.
>>
>>80644639
plank, where are you buddy? ... YOUSUNOVABITCH
>>
His Bonus Stage reuploads get more views than his channel.
Honestly he made a dumb move not putting them on his channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecXoXlKISik
>>
>>80644789
DSA started off good but as it progressed it got worse imo. Puzzle hunters and sweet and sour are both very miss as well.

>>80645389
Matt hates bonus stage though, it's his invader zim, which is ironic because he makes fun of invader zim multiple times in it.
>>
>>80646444
I recognize that.
But I just think that web animation is a very low success business, and you need take what you can get.

Like game devs, you make the shit so you have the dosh to make what you want.
>>
>>80646493
His ego got in the way. He thought he could do better.

He couldn't.

He's a one hit wonder who completely and utterly missed the fucking gravy boat. Now he's just an obscure hack who whines about SJW issues on twitter and dreams about having a GF to finally voice his female characters that he's been doing all these years.
>>
He made a twitter post a while back saying he's "non-binary" so his profile picture is kinda like.... male but feminine? Not really one or the other.
>>
>>80646693
Not really surprising given how long he's been voicing his female characters.
Must've finally gotten to him.
>>
The best thing Matt does at this point is make music.

Everything else about his work is entirely mediocre and can't hold up against the test of time.

It's why even though a lot of it is over a decade old, Homestar Runner holds up. It makes references, but the references themselves are dated enough to where it goes to a timeless territory.

Matt resents that he never made his initial pandering success profitable and can't deal with the fact most of his original audience has moved on. So he decided to pander again, but this time, to SJWs.
>>
>>80646946
>Matt resents that he never made his initial pandering success profitable and can't deal with the fact most of his original audience has moved on. So he decided to pander again, but this time, to SJWs.
Was there an interview or twitter post that I missed.
>>
>>80644639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBvbNs7WSII
this was the last flash i watched, I follow most of the old newgrounds fags, a.k.a sleepycabin.
>>
I strictly watch 123pendejos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddPNLQxk0Y

It's terrible, but I love it.
>>
>>80648342
>the mickey that's literally windows
>>
Kinda sad that he never really improved after Bonus Stage

I didn't really blame him from wanting to move away from it considering that the Bonus Stage fanbase was pretty rabid but I thought he'd try and push himself to be better because of that

but oh well
>>
File: mattwilson.jpg (131 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
mattwilson.jpg
131 KB, 750x562
>non-binary
Why do retards like him and Shmorky think we haven't already seen pictures of them

Who would mistake this for a woman?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.