[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I decided to give this show a chance since /co/ is always talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: justice-league6.jpg (71 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
justice-league6.jpg
71 KB, 500x330
I decided to give this show a chance since /co/ is always talking about how its the pinnacle of the DCAU or some shit and i have one question

What in the name of fuck are they doing here? Like, the heroes are here, the threats are reasonable (most of the time), yet for some reason they are constantly "nerfing" characters here and there for the sake of plot, the amount of times the whole League gets their asses kicked by any mid level enemy is pathetic, the balancing makes no sense, sometimes one of them is the reliable, competent and strong one who the rest sucks, sometimes its the other, i mean, for fucks sake, Aquaman getting almost killed by a rocket launcher? Superman getting his ass handed by a few lasers? How is this considered okay? Please tell me they manage to get this right later, because so far watching this has been really cringey and lame
>>
>>80644617
The producers massively depowered pretty much everyone but Amazo, because Batman was their favorite and they didn't want him to look useless.
>>
>>80644617
DCAU has everyone at fairly reasonable power levels that follow cartoon common sense and drama logic. None of them are even CLOSE to being as powerful as they are in the comics. Even the super-intellects like Bats are downplayed compared to their comic counterparts.
>>
>>80644791
>DCAU Batman
>downplayed
As jokes go, I've heard worse.
>>
File: 1456203347342.jpg (110 KB, 642x370) Image search: [Google]
1456203347342.jpg
110 KB, 642x370
>>80644720
I noticed that too, everytime batman is onscreen he ALWAYS has the solution, he always wins, meanwhile supers can't keep up with a fucking truck and John never makes any constructs even though he is a green lantern, my favorite scene has to be
>Deadshot tries to assassinate Aquaman a second time
>league members spot him
>tries to escape through manhole
>supers try to remove cover to follow him
>gets electrocuted by trap and falls like a bitch
>J'onn flies through the floor
>just stands there and lets him go right past him
>Wonder Woman breaks the fucking floor yet it doesn't stop him
>he stops her with an explosive
>meanwhile batgod somehow knew he was going to take that turn and already prepared a trap
Oh yeah, and the best part
>League catches him
>he refuses to tell who was paying him
>he hits on Wonder Woman
>think this is the perfect chance to use her lasso and force him to tell the truth
>instead batman pulls him, tell him some horrible secret offscreen and blackmails him
>wonder woman asks what he said to supers
>"You don't want to know"
Well, fuck you too
>>
>>80644720
>bats is their favorite
this, i rewatched it today because its on netfux and the first two episodes are like a batman love letter
>>
>>80644835
Bruce Timm is a massive batfag. It is Superman that gets the best character arc though.
>>
>>80644835
I always wondered what bats tells them
does he threaten them or give them money
>>
>>80644617
JLs1 was ass-y and unfocused, it wasn't until s2 and JLU where they got their shit together

such a huge fall in quality after STAS
>>
>>80644617
Skip the original justice league and just jump into unlimited.
>>
>>80644860
The greatest weakness of the Batfag. They want Batman to be the center of everything, but a character arc requires growth and change. And Batfags HATE it when Batman changes.
>>
File: 1453225372979.jpg (61 KB, 300x312) Image search: [Google]
1453225372979.jpg
61 KB, 300x312
>>80644835
>pilot (not one, not two, but a THREE parter for some god damn reason)
>Batgod fighting aliens disguised as scientists
>manages to trap two, 1x1 with one of them
>supers appears
>"I see you need help bud"
>"I don't need your help"
>Before supers can do anything he gets mindfucked and falls like a faggot
>meanwhile alien bomb is ready to explode
>aliens escape
>batman has to save Superman's ass from the explosion

>aliens use machine to cover sky with smoke
>this could be the perfect opportunity to justify supers being so useless since the sun powers him and shit
>its never brought up and he just continues to suck until the very end of part 3
>meanwhile batman escapes from an impossible scenario offscreen, is presumed dead (on the first episode, gee, i wonder what's gonna happen next) and comes back as the great deus ex machina that solves everything because apparently he and Manhunter had planned everything from start
God dammit i am fucking angry
>>
>>80644617
The Legaue was always kinda stupid, because one or two members could easily handle almost everything the writers could think of.

I'm not a big /co/ reader but most of the time Superman, Wonder Woman and The Martian Manhunter is pretty much indestructible and could overpower pretty much anything even alone.

Making them weaker is the only way to make the enemies somewhat a threat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBTdLXk9JM
Every fucking time
>>
>>80644885
is there anything worth watching in season 1? So far i got three two-three parters and they all suck, the "he dindu nuffin" episode wasn't so bad aside from making the entire green lantern core and a populated planet seem like complete morons by somehow missing an entire planet that for some reason never returned the call
>>
>>80644915
this is my biggest complaint about this, see, if it was a "he can't be anywhere" scenario like supers said i would get, after all, entire armies trying to hit earth from different angles at the same time sounds like something you would need help with, yet most of the enemies are just everyday stuff they could easily handle on their own, it feels more like they are blocking each other rather than helping
>>
File: wonderwoman.png (62 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
wonderwoman.png
62 KB, 500x621
>>
>>80644945
there are SOME parters (speaking of: such retarded decision to make EVERYTHING into 2-3 parters) that are worth watching, i think one with Vandal Savage was okay and there was one with retro superheroes.
>>
File: 1433484271992.gif (2 MB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
1433484271992.gif
2 MB, 300x229
>>80644966
>>
File: Red_Lantern_Ring.jpg (31 KB, 425x466) Image search: [Google]
Red_Lantern_Ring.jpg
31 KB, 425x466
>>80644943

>Batman refuses firearm to combat aliens that like mini supermans
>Batman staggers Darkseid
>Batman staggers Darkseid
>Batman dodges the Omega Beam by making it hit something else, when it should've chased him till he was dead.
>Superman bitches that Luthor, a human, ran away when he was about to get killed by the Omega beam
>>
File: 1452643046155.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452643046155.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>80644835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJfQ1eYooU
>>
Well that episode Darkseid asked for the league's help Batman was wrong about pretty much everything.

Also the episode Flash and Substance
>>
>>80644915
martian manhunter jobs to everyone though
>>
>>80645052
yeah but usually that because they just haphazardly having something explode or have the villain use fire.
>>
File: 1457054109156.jpg (96 KB, 936x532) Image search: [Google]
1457054109156.jpg
96 KB, 936x532
>>80645052

Hell, never be a telepath in cartoons. Ever. Jean, Xavier, Susan Storm, Emma Frost, the list goes on that if you have mindfuck powers you will job to anyone anytime. Its basically a rule.

Except Miss Murder
>>
>>80644835
>lasso of truth
Fucking this. Also Deadshot should actually have been afraid of WW because she doesn't really have a no kill policy.
>>
>>80645052
I did so hate they put MM on watch duty in JLU.
>>
>>80645093
>Also Deadshot should actually have been afraid of WW because she doesn't really have a no kill policy.
he wouldn't know that, remember that Wonder Woman was considered a "rookie" for a reason
>>
People will justify with it with "oh well the comic versions are OP" but it's really just a matter of the DCAU guys generally not being able to write above a certain power level.

The series steadily but greatly improves overall though.
>>
I just finished the aquaman two parther (which made me wish there was a series about him, as insane as this may sound) and it made me realize something, are they following video game rules? I know this sounds crazy but it would make a lot of sense when you think about it, some of the powers they have are "locked", they can't fly or run too fast to the point of "breaking the game", they are all balanced to work with each other while making even regular thugs a challenge, there are boss battles who take a lot of time and require everybody to work together, i mean it just works
>>
>>80644617
I-I enjoyed it. Watched it last week on Netflix. You say they're massive Batfags, but he's absent from enough arcs so he doesn't feel too op imo, it's like, he can't work in every situation so they don't use him in every situation. And I feel like the depowering was okay, it's like, they CAN get knocked down and stunned, but it's not like they're straight up defeated. They have the invincibility without the invulnerability.

Flash tripping is hilarious though.
>>
>>80645240
At least they kind of explain why flash is so slow later on. One episode it's revealed that his deepest fear is going too fast and getting stuck like that, with the rest of the world going in slow motion for the rest of his life.

In another, he pushes himself to go too fast, and basically vibrates himself out of existence/our dimension.

Everyone else, it's for the sake of plot.

Season 1 sucked, some arcs like Vanda Savage are the only redeeming parts. Season 2 is a bit better, JLU is great.

But, I think the one thing we can all agree on is that they have done an amazing job finding the perfect voice actors for almost every one of their animated roles over the past decade or more.
>>
>>80644617
As someone who knows fuck all about comics (for whatever thats worth) and all the overpowered shit im sure they can do, execpt hawkgirl i liked it, alot of good moments and you understand the why the good is good and why cooperhead is a fucking jobber

Man that super man loses his powers episode, hes the fucking man in that jes
>>
>>80645476
>execpt hawkgirl
its funny because Hawkgirl is best girl in the show
>>
>>80644617
>muhh power level faggotry
Seriously consider suicide.
>>
>>80644617
First season sets up some lore.
Second is where it gets really good.

Supes getting Worfed all the time gets addressed later on.
>>
>duh why isn't every fight over in two seconds this is so unrealistic
>>
>>80645494
again, dont read comics, but watching the show, all she does is swing the mace and bash things, nothing wrong with that but all the other memebers have more going on
>>
>>80645518
>super heroes portrayed as competent and powerful, yet get their shit kicked by everything is okay
nah, eat shit
>>
The way the had to keep downplaying The Flash got really annoying. But then they finally had him cut loose and really use the Speed Force to great effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco
>>
>>80645668
Is this the daily batman hate thread?

I see kids are still mad about him avoiding the omega meme in the finale of the show.
>>
>>80645722
Wow, you totally replied to the right comment didn't you? Good job, boy wonder.
>>
>>80645749
Whops, forgot to remove it after clicking on the thread to reply
>>
>>80645722
They're better than the usual batman circlejerks.
>>
>>80645783
>batman circlejerks

things that nevver happen
>>
>>80645811
Not here, not commonly anyway, but literally everywhere else.
>>
Literally autism: the thread
>>
>>80645668
I don't care if he got the short end of the stick earlier in the series; that arc culminating into that moment was so great, and it felt like he stole the entire show there. Besides, I'm more interested in characterizations than powerlevel wank anyway. In the earlier episodes the rest of the League appeared to see him as an immature nuisance, but it was nice how he eventually got better and earned the respect of his teammates.
>>
>>80644915
>>80644960
This isn't even remotely true though.
>>
>>80644856
This is not true. He's not in everything like the comics. The producers have gone on record as saying they needed to depower everyone to justify the existence of the League. Otherwise Flash and Superman could handle everything by themselves.
>>
>>80645928
His fight earlier in the episode with the fake Justice Lord version was great too.

"Slacker! Child! Clown! We have no place here among the world's greatest heroes."

"Says you! I got a seat at the big conference table. I'm gonna paint my logo on it! "
>>
>>80644617
Skip to JLU
>>
>>80644617
The 2nd season stops nerfing the characters so badly. It's a big improvement over the first one.
>>
File: maximum wonderface.png (3 MB, 1196x1603) Image search: [Google]
maximum wonderface.png
3 MB, 1196x1603
>>80644966
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.